• The Border Deal

From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to All on Sat Jan 27 08:02:35 2024
    I don't think something like this can happen in any other, civilized country, but I may be wrong.

Just google this (with the quote marks):

"the border deal"

... and you just *have* to be able to find a hit that even the most brainwashed amongst you, can trust. Then just read the two lines that shows, you don't even have to click on the link, and read further.

Absolutely shocking, how something like this can go on, and still millions of USAians are totally convinced, that it's Biden and his Leftist Commie Marxist Elite that is to blame. Sigh, what a total disgrace. Remember that the rest of the world can see all of this crystal clear without any orange glasses.

But I guess, that you don't even care about your own country's international reputation? You really want to become just another Putin puppet state, stopping Ukraine from kicking him out? In case you don't know it by now, the GOP linked the Ukraine support to their border deal to get it accepted by the Dems, and, as I've said, then they still killed it. Their own bill! Just to prevent Biden from getting a win.

My tag line has never been more obvious:
    --
    Conning people is easy. You just need to overcome their intelligence. But convincing people they've been conned is much harder. You need to overcome their pride.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Björn Felten on Sat Jan 27 15:30:25 2024
    "the border deal"

... and you just *have* to be able to find a hit that even the most brainwashed amongst you, can trust. Then just read the two lines that shows, you don't even have to click on the link, and read further.

Absolutely shocking, how something like this can go on, and still millions of USAians are totally convinced, that it's Biden and his
    Leftist Commie Marxist Elite that is to blame. Sigh, what a total disgrace. Remember that the rest of the world can see all of this
    crystal clear without any orange glasses.

Trump had the border under control. Biden's day #1 priority was to destroy the border. Biden intentionally destroyed the border. Biden let illegal immigrants cross for 3+ years. Biden could shut the border down right now if he wanted to, without help from congress. But he choses not to. He's offering to "shut it down" provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war that Biden started.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Jan 27 19:40:12 2024
    Trump had the border under control. Biden's day #1 priority was to destroy the border. Biden intentionally destroyed the border.

How has Biden "destroyed the border"?

Biden let illegal immigrants cross for 3+ years.

Those are not illegal immigrants.

Biden could shut the border down right now if he wanted to without help
    from congress. But he choses not to.

Of course. Why would he "shut the border down"?

He's offering to "shut it down"

No he is not.

provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war that Biden started.

This is another lie.

Biden did not start any war, Russia invaded Ukraine.

Biden and America have been helping Ukraine to defend itself from those invaders.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Alan Ianson on Sun Jan 28 07:52:38 2024

I can prove it to you, but what would be the point? Let's just say it's well documented.

Biden let illegal immigrants cross for 3+ years.

Those are not illegal immigrants.

Next time you visit the USA, leave your passport at home and just tell the border patrol to "suck it."

Biden could shut the border down right now if he wanted to without help from congress. But he choses not to.

Of course. Why would he "shut the border down"?

Good point. We need to increase the number of congressional districts, and we're not going to do it by shutting down the border.

He's offering to "shut it down"

No he is not.

From Time magazine:
    http://tinyurl.com/552rsmde

I'm noticing that you're more of a "defend all that which is Democrat" kind
    of guy rather than a "defend what the media says" kind of guy. But without assuming both roles, there will be contradiction.

provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war that Bi started.

This is another lie.

I'm not lying on purpose. I'm quoting what I heard on the news.

When you eat at a restaurant and the food sucks, it's not the chef's fault. It's the manager's fault. Same thing with Biden's Russia war.

• From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jan 28 07:06:56 2024

I can prove it to you, but what would be the point? Let's just say it's well documented.

Not a single document.

When you eat at a restaurant and the food sucks, it's not the chef's fault. It's the manager's fault. Same thing with Biden's Russia war.

Boloney, nothing but boloney day in and day out.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jan 28 10:48:05 2024

provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war that Bi started.

This is another lie.

No. You are quoting what IB Joe told you.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Bj∩┐╜rn Felten on Sun Jan 28 11:03:04 2024
    I don't think something like this can happen in any other, civilized country, but I may be wrong.

Just google this (with the quote marks):

"the border deal"

Not sure what it showed when you did it, but today it shows a lot of articles where Biden promises to use the new authority to close the border. It also shows at least one where Trump says out of one side of his mouth that the border needs closing right now while, out of the other side, claims that the deal is "the worst."

It also returns similar results if you use duckduckgo.

Agreed. Not all of the results were ones considered "hard-core left."

Absolutely shocking, how something like this can go on, and still millions of USAians are totally convinced, that it's Biden and his Leftist Commie Marxist Elite that is to blame. Sigh, what a total disgrace. Remember that the rest of the world can see all of this crystal clear without any orange glasses.

The problem here is that Biden did indeed use executive orders to rescind other executive orders which, in turn, lead to more people getting across. It also seemingly encouraged more to try.

The rational person would see that Biden, or whoever was directing him, was in the wrong then but seems to be trying to fix his error by getting something codified into law. They would also notice that our MAGA congresspeople are now in the wrong for not wanting such an instrument for border control to become law.

These are the same MAGAs that complain about the power of executive orders in general.

But I guess, that you don't even care about your own country's international reputation? You really want to become just another Putin puppet state, stopping Ukraine from kicking him out? In case you don't know it by now, the GOP linked the Ukraine support to their border deal to get it accepted by the Dems, and, as I've said, then they still killed it. Their own bill! Just to prevent Biden from getting a win.

And then blamed the mostly mythical RINO beasts for the issue.

My tag line has never been more obvious:
    --
    Conning people is easy. You just need to overcome their intelligence. But convincing people they've been conned is much harder. You need to overcome their pride.

In the case of the US, for many all you have to do is align with their political allegiance. All US politicians, regardless of the D or R after their name, are good at the con game. If they aren't, they don't last too long.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Mon Jan 29 11:58:22 2024
    provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war Bi started.

This is another lie.

No, it is my own personal belief that Biden is to blame for the Ukraine war.

Russia didn't invade Ukraine until shortly after Biden became president. At the same time, Biden is ripping us off by funding a war against Russia, and at the same time, funding the Ukrainian's government with our money, and paying their retirees their pensions? That is beyond ridiculous.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Jan 29 15:40:27 2024
    provided that we (American idiot taxpayers) fund the Ukraine war Bi started.

This is another lie.

No, it is my own personal belief that Biden is to blame for the Ukraine war.

Russia didn't invade Ukraine until shortly after Biden became president. At the same time, Biden is ripping us off by funding a war against Russia, and at the same time, funding the Ukrainian's government with our money, and paying their retirees their pensions? That is beyond ridiculous.

But that -- your opinion on whose to blame for the war -- is not what this is about. This was specifically about you telling Al something that Joe told you -- that the bill includes funding for Ukraine.

What Joe doesn't tell you is that the Republicans have to work with the Democrats to fix the border because, without their support they cannot pass anything, regardless of who is President, because they don't have the votes in the Senate. So they have to compromise. They don't want to be run out of their posts like McCarthy was for not getting the deal done.

They have spent too much on Ukraine, yes, but the money this bill will spend should be recovered by the money it should save us on the border issue.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux