• Border: Crisis or not?

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to All on Fri Jan 26 13:35:50 2024
    So, Republicans have been going on and on about how we have a crisis at the border. I agree. Many here, who wanted Kevin McCarthy *gone* for not taking care of it, also agree.

Well, now apparently it is a crisis, but maybe not enough of one that cannot wait until November to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QevVCl8Ljb0

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/immoral-republicans-rebuke-efforts-ki ll-immigration-deal-help-trump-rcna135732

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-flail-bipartisan-border-deal-183026315.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/25/white-house-border-trump-biden-0013798 7

Trump has apparently reached out to Republicans asking them not to try to fix it until *after* the election. Again, last time a fix got delayed, it was unacceptable cuz it was needed RIGHT NOW and ole McCarthy caught Hell for not taking care of it when he had a chance.

I am sure one should not hold their breath waiting for Trump to catch the same kind of Hell. I am sure instead that the excuses here will be aplenty.
    #
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Fri Jan 26 13:06:17 2024
    Trump has apparently reached out to Republicans asking them not to try
    to fix it until *after* the election. Again, last time a fix got
    delayed, it was unacceptable cuz it was needed RIGHT NOW and ole
    McCarthy caught Hell for not taking care of it when he had a chance.

I skimmed through the MSNBC video and then through the NBC video, but I don't see any proof that Trump is "reaching out to Republicans to stall the border fix."

What did I miss?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Jan 26 14:37:08 2024
    On 26 Jan 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

I skimmed through the MSNBC video and then through the NBC video, but I don't see any proof that Trump is "reaching out to Republicans to stall the border fix."

What did I miss?

You didn't miss anything... Biden doesn't need any new laws, all he has to do is follow the laws on the books. The ones he stopped following on day 1 of his presidency. The border is a manufactured problem... One the Joe created... Now he's trying to leverage that issue to get amnesty for a bunch of illegals and funding for Ukraine... Apparently not enough people have died.

So... Some RINOs are pissed because other "Normal" Republicans don't want to vote for Amnesty and to fund Ukraine and have more Ukraine citizens die wile the political and ruling class make out like bandits.

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... What was the best thing before sliced bread?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Fri Jan 26 20:13:13 2024
    So... Some RINOs are pissed because other "Normal" Republicans don't
    want to vote for Amnesty and to fund Ukraine and have more Ukraine citizens die wile the political and ruling class make out like bandits.

Are they lying to the media about "Trump wants the border a disaster until the election?" Those articles are full of speculation but I won't believe it until I hear it from Trump himself.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Jan 27 10:52:40 2024
    On 26 Jan 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

Are they lying to the media about "Trump wants the border a disaster
    until the election?" Those articles are full of speculation but I won't believe it until I hear it from Trump himself.

Yes... recall all of the water the media carried for the Democrats and Never-Trumpers.

Biden is learning that the American citizens are not on board with this Border crisis.... Sooooo, not you are hearing Biden saying that the border is broken and he needs more money... Now you are hearing Never-Trumpers, like Mitt Romney, saying things like if the bi-partisan bill fails it's the Trump supporters fault... When I said bi-partisan I meant uni-party.

Biden does not need any new laws, the ones on the books already will work just fine. This border thing is going to cost Biden votes and they are going to work overtime to blame anyone but themselves.

The Uni-Party want to legitimize illegal immigration where as anyone not in that camp want to secure the border and to start vetting and possibly catch and deport rather than catch and release.

Poorer voters want assistance in their lives where as Biden and the Uni-Party want to send billions to other countries while the US citizens starve and freeze to death.

All Hail Joe Biden...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Just another prisoner of gravity!

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Sat Jan 27 18:34:31 2024
    Biden is learning that the American citizens are not on board with this Border crisis.... Sooooo, not you are hearing Biden saying that the
    border is broken and he needs more money... Now you are hearing Never-Trumpers, like Mitt Romney, saying things like if the bi-partisan bill fails it's the Trump supporters fault... When I said bi-partisan I meant uni-party.

People didn't think about illegal immigrants when Trump was president. Especially not in New York. It was never an issue here until Biden.

Poorer voters want assistance in their lives where as Biden and the Uni-Party want to send billions to other countries while the US citizens starve and freeze to death.

That money doesn't do him any good when it's in the USA; it's got to be laundered in other countries.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jan 28 07:28:27 2024
    On 27 Jan 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

People didn't think about illegal immigrants when Trump was president. Especially not in New York. It was never an issue here until Biden.

As per Trump, the US border was the most secure in US history under his administration. In comparison top what we have today I think he has a valid point.

That money doesn't do him any good when it's in the USA; it's got to be laundered in other countries.

In the US they launder money through NGOs... their is soooooooooooooo much corruption and wasteful spending...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A penny saved is not very much

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jan 28 10:23:34 2024
    Trump has apparently reached out to Republicans asking them not to try to fix it until *after* the election. Again, last time a fix got delayed, it was unacceptable cuz it was needed RIGHT NOW and ole McCarthy caught Hell for not taking care of it when he had a chance.

What did I miss?

I believe it is in what some Republicans are saying about it, i.e. it was a crisis but now we might not get to it right away. Others are saying we need to fix it even if Trump doesn't want us to yet.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jan 28 10:44:14 2024
    What did I miss?

Here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-slams-deal-that-would-give-biden- authority-to-close-border/ar-BB1hlIPt

http://tinyurl.com/ac7e5vfy

SOURCE: Politico via MSN

Trump slams deal that would give Biden authority to close border

"The day after President Joe Biden ramped up his rhetoric on a border deal, former President Donald Trump again tried to undercut the chances of significant immigration reform this year.

rCL'A bad border deal is far worse than no border deal,' the former president and GOP presidential frontrunner wrote in all-caps on Truth Social.

"The bipartisan deal, which Senate negotiators have not yet finalized, could grant BidenrCOs administration the authority to shut down the border if pre-determined triggers for daily border crossings are met.

rCL'WhatrCOs been negotiated would rCo if passed into law rCo be the toughest and fairest set of reforms to secure the border werCOve ever had in our country,' Biden said in a statement Friday.

rCL'It would give me, as President, a new emergency authority to shut down the border when it becomes overwhelmed. And if given that authority, I would use it the day I sign the bill into law,' he continued, urging Congress to pass the legislation.

"While many Senate Republicans are on board with the deal, it is far less popular among Trump-aligned House Republicans, including Speaker Mike Johnson."

So, Aaron, it is the MAGA Senators who are throwing shade on the deal, and Trump is also campaigning against a deal... a deal which would allow the President to shut the border down... while still claiming that the border needs shutting down. So he contradicts himself.

I will ask again... Do we have a border crisis or not?

If we have one, it needs taking care of ASAP.

If we can afford to wait around until someone else is elected before we fix it, then it is NOT a crisis.

I say it is, and I don't care who the President is. If the bill will give them the authority to shut down crossings if there are too many happening, I say go for it.

I will also ask... if not getting a close-the-border deal done made someone a RINO just a few short months ago, how can wanting it closed make others RINOs now?

Both cannot be true... you are either a RINO for not reaching a border deal when you had a chance, or you aren't.

You need to open your eyes and see what is going on. The only thing that MAGA Senators and Representatives (and participants here) want is to get Trump back in office. They really don't care what happens to the country in the meantime. Trump himself was caught wishing for a market crash before the election. That would screw over a whole lot of people, including his own voters. But it would help him beat Biden, which is *all* that matters to him.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Mon Jan 29 11:46:44 2024
    What did I miss?

Here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-slams-deal-that-would-give-b authority-to-close-border/ar-BB1hlIPt

Trump said "A bad border deal is worse than no deal." I think it's true. Biden won't do anything about the border unless congress gives him money.

Trump didn't have to beg for money to have the border under control.

Joe has been nothing but bad deals along. It's gonna be a bad border deal, if it does anything short of shutting down the border and deporting approximately 10 million people.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Jan 29 15:34:12 2024
    What did I miss?

Here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-slams-deal-that-would-giv e-b authority-to-close-border/ar-BB1hlIPt

Trump said "A bad border deal is worse than no deal." I think it's true. Biden won't do anything about the border unless congress gives him money.

This would give money to Ukraine, yes. But the money given in this particular deal would be offset by the savings of tightening the border.

And it is not Biden who held out. Republicans allowed the Ukraine money to be added so that *Congressional* Democrats would vote for it. You do know there are not enough Republican Senators to get anything done on their own, right.

Trump didn't have to beg for money to have the border under control.

Trump used an executive order, which was very, very easily rescinded by his successor. This would codify the ability of a President to close the border and would not be as easily rescinded.

You cannot complain about Biden using executive orders one minute and then say it was better that Trump used them vs. having an actual law to back him up.

Joe has been nothing but bad deals along. It's gonna be a bad border deal, if it does anything short of shutting down the border and deporting approximately 10 million people.

That is what the deal is for... giving the President the ability to close the border when the numbers get too high... and you yourself pointed out to Al that Biden says he will use this new power if he gets it.

Not all of Joe's deals have been good, but this is not a bad one when you consider it could save us more money (not spent on illegals) than what it spends on Ukraine.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Mon Jan 29 14:49:53 2024
    Joe has been nothing but bad deals along. It's gonna be a bad border de if it does anything short of shutting down the border and deporting approximately 10 million people.

That is what the deal is for... giving the President the ability to
    close the border when the numbers get too high... and you yourself
    pointed out to Al that Biden says he will use this new power if he gets it.

The president has been clear that he wants high numbers of migrants. I don't trust him to close the border. It's moneygrab 4.0