• Re: 86

From MIKE POWELL@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Sat Jan 6 09:56:00 2024
    The nearest sanctuary city to me is Syracuse, 1 hour away, but we do
    have a new under-the-bridge population here in Binghamton that didn't exist prior to Joe's treasonous maneuvers. It's unlikely that a brand
    new population of not-illegal people would start living under a bridge
    in freezing temperatures.

I would doubt that illegals would, either. That said, the homeless have to live somewhere, and under a bridge probably gives them some barrier to the cold/wind/snow that they wouldn't have out in the open.

I am guessing that your new population has more to do with the economy than with the border issue.

* SLMR 2.1a * Save the whales.... Collect the entire set!

---
    * BgNet 1.0b12 = moe's tavern * 1-502-875-8938 * moetiki.ddns.net:27
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to MIKE POWELL on Sat Jan 6 15:37:44 2024
    I would doubt that illegals would, either. That said, the homeless have to live somewhere, and under a bridge probably gives them some barrier
    to the cold/wind/snow that they wouldn't have out in the open.

I am guessing that your new population has more to do with the economy than with the border issue.

Maybe, but the economy seems ok to me. My taxes went up a tiny amount, my car insurance is the same, the food prices aren't really that bad. There seems to be more job openings than ever before. Or maybe the economy is bad in neighboring cities and so they migrate to mine. The only way to know for sure is to ask them but I ain't gonna ;)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Jan 7 11:42:30 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to MIKE POWELL <=-

Maybe, but the economy seems ok to me. My taxes went up a tiny amount,

Taxes went way up for me last year. This year I've put aside extra money so we'll see if it's needed when I do my taxes this year.

my car insurance is the same, the food prices aren't really that bad.

Both up for me, by a significant amount.

There seems to be more job openings than ever before.

Well we now know that the jab killed 17 million people and most of them were working age adults. Many of those jobs still need to be done.

Or maybe the
    economy is bad in neighboring cities and so they migrate to mine.

People are fleeing Elitist run cities. If you can't get workers, or (paying) customers, then you close. Which means less jobs and businesses for the people who have stayed, so **they** leave.

The economies of cities will go from bad to worse to non-existent.

... Adam ate the apple, and our teeth still ache.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Sun Jan 7 11:22:37 2024
    Maybe, but the economy seems ok to me. My taxes went up a tiny amount

Taxes went way up for me last year. This year I've put aside extra
    money so we'll see if it's needed when I do my taxes this year.

my car insurance is the same, the food prices aren't really that bad.

Both up for me, by a significant amount.

There seems to be more job openings than ever before.

Well we now know that the jab killed 17 million people and most of them were working age adults. Many of those jobs still need to be done.

Or maybe the
    economy is bad in neighboring cities and so they migrate to mine.

People are fleeing Elitist run cities. If you can't get workers, or (paying) customers, then you close. Which means less jobs and
    businesses for the people who have stayed, so **they** leave.

All this stuff requires analysis to change voters minds. Have they developed any analytical skills yet? I hope so.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Jan 8 08:05:19 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

All this stuff requires analysis to change voters minds. Have they developed any analytical skills yet? I hope so.

Heck no.

I was watching an interview on Tucker with Bret Weinstein when Bret said something that really chilled me.

Paraphrasing: These people want to take over everything. Now, if they had some sort of Grand Plan to make everything great, you could at least hope that would work. But they have no such plan. They are simply power hungry individuals who want everything. They don't even realize that the things that they are doing will destroy them along with everyone else.

... I have a firm grip on reality. Now I can strangle it.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Mon Jan 8 20:50:20 2024
    Paraphrasing: These people want to take over everything. Now, if they had some sort of Grand Plan to make everything great, you could at least hope that would work. But they have no such plan. They are simply
    power hungry individuals who want everything. They don't even realize that the things that they are doing will destroy them along with
    everyone else.

They have a Grand Plan, but it's to make everything great for themselves.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Jan 9 08:03:29 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

Paraphrasing: These people want to take over everything. Now, if they had some sort of Grand Plan to make everything great, you could at least hope that would work. But they have no such plan. They are simply
    power hungry individuals who want everything. They don't even realize that the things that they are doing will destroy them along with
    everyone else.

They have a Grand Plan, but it's to make everything great for
    themselves.

That's what they think their Grand Plan is. They don't realize that their Grand Plan hurts them too.

But these are the same people who think that electricity magically comes out of the wall, the internet "just works", etc.

... Both of his feet are firmly planted in the air.