• Colorado, Trump, Primary Ballot

From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to All on Tue Dec 19 20:00:51 2023
    I just read on foxnews (believe me, I really do hate Fox News) that the Colorado Supreme Court ruled that Trump can't be on the primary ballot in their state.

That sounds pretty corrupt to me. There are definitely red zones in that state, like the one where Lauren Boebert is the US rep. People in that district are gonna want Trump for president.

Can they also prevent Trump from being on the general election ballot? (I sure hope not!)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Wed Dec 20 09:32:00 2023
    I just read on foxnews (believe me, I really do hate Fox News) that the Colora
    Supreme Court ruled that Trump can't be on the primary ballot in their state.

They did so based on the 14th Ammendment to the US Constitution.

That sounds pretty corrupt to me. There are definitely red zones in that state
    like the one where Lauren Boebert is the US rep. People in that district are g
    na want Trump for president.

Boebert barely won re-election this last time.

Can they also prevent Trump from being on the general election ballot? (I sure
    ope not!)

It will depend on what the US Supreme Court decides. Trump is appealing and that is where it will wind up. If the SCOTUS reviews and decides that
    Trump is indeed in violation of the 14th Ammendment then, yes, he won't be allowed to run in any election ever again.

Basically, they will decide whether or not what happened on January 6th
    2021 was indeed an insurrection and, if so, whether or not Trump was involved or at-fault. If both are determined to be true, then he is barred from
    holding a federal, elected office ever again.

* SLMR 2.1a * Married, Who me? I can't mate in captivity!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Wed Dec 20 11:37:14 2023
    On 20 Dec 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

It will depend on what the US Supreme Court decides. Trump is appealing and that is where it will wind up. If the SCOTUS reviews and decides
    that Trump is indeed in violation of the 14th Ammendment then, yes, he won't be allowed to run in any election ever again.

Basically, they will decide whether or not what happened on January 6th 2021 was indeed an insurrection and, if so, whether or not Trump was involved or at-fault. If both are determined to be true, then he is barred from holding a federal, elected office ever again.

Jonathan Turley describes J6 at best a riot...

https://x.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1737317930679804043?s=20

Never Trumper and constitutional expert on CNN said that Trump says that Trump should get a 9 and 0 in Trump's favor...

https://youtu.be/pWmS9_JY8d0?si=yCHg1TDZueBPdaHL

This is a bad president for the people.... If this goes forward can you imagine what the elites will block in elections going forward.

We are in dark times.

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Confucius say: "Its stuffy inside fortune cookie"

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Wed Dec 20 14:22:37 2023
    Can they also prevent Trump from being on the general election ballot? ( sure
    ope not!)

It will depend on what the US Supreme Court decides. Trump is appealing and that is where it will wind up. If the SCOTUS reviews and decides
    that Trump is indeed in violation of the 14th Ammendment then, yes, he won't be allowed to run in any election ever again.

Thanks. That explains it pretty good. Except one thing: Didn't he already go to court for his "participation in an insurrection?" I'm not up to date on that - is that case still pending?

Dan Bongino brought up a good point this morning: "Shouldn't Biden be taken off ballots too, for all the illegal stuff he's done and continues to do?" There's got to be a law against the deliberate sabotage of the US-Mexico border, but whether or not it disqualifies him from being on ballots, we'll have to see how it plays out.