• 2 things...

From IB Joe@1:342/200 to All on Wed Nov 22 10:21:43 2023
    There must have been a glitch in the Matrix... I reported that the interview with Tucker and the president elect of Argentina was @ ~ 450 Million... That has been corrected to a few million... Trump is still the winner when it comes to viewed interviews... He must get tired of winning.

I read some on X today... Governor of Oregon signed into law the removal of Math, reading and writing from High School to help the children of color...

How did we get here...

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Redundant book title: DOS For Dummies

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Wed Nov 22 20:39:54 2023
    I read some on X today... Governor of Oregon signed into law the removal of Math, reading and writing from High School to help the children of color...

"That will keep those n*****s voting Democrat"

- Lyndon B. Johnson (D)

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to IB Joe on Thu Nov 23 08:05:52 2023
    IB Joe wrote to All <=-

I read some on X today... Governor of Oregon signed into law the
    removal of Math, reading and writing from High School to help the
    children of color...

How did we get here...

We let the inmates run the aslyum.

... You go to heaven...God sneezes... What do you say?
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Nov 23 08:04:21 2023
    On 22 Nov 2023, Aaron Thomas said the following...

"That will keep those n*****s voting Democrat"

- Lyndon B. Johnson (D)

If I were the Governor Of Oregon and had a concern that children of color were not doing as well as others I'd get them tutors and inspire them with Mentors like Dr. Swain (PregerU), Dr. Ben Carson and maybe Candace Owens... There are a lot of people of color who buck the Democrat narrative who could inspire a lost generation.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... THE fIRST sTEP iS tO tAKE oFF tHE cAPS lOCK

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Thu Nov 23 11:20:19 2023
    If I were the Governor Of Oregon and had a concern that children of
    color were not doing as well as others I'd get them tutors and inspire them with Mentors like Dr. Swain (PregerU), Dr. Ben Carson and maybe Candace Owens... There are a lot of people of color who buck the
    Democrat narrative who could inspire a lost generation.

That is the right thing to do, and I agree, but I think that one of the primary mistakes in this case is the determination that "students of color" are falling behind. It's normal to see skin color, but it's not ethical to analyze behavior based on skin color like these lousy Democrats do all the time.

I'm not from Oregon, but I find it suspicious that "students of color" were falling behind. It defies logic. Skin color can't determine grades. More likely, the Democrat governor is trying to brainwash them into thinking "we're black so we can't read good." If they're not dumb, then the idea is "let's make them dumb."

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Nov 23 11:51:52 2023
    On 23 Nov 2023, Aaron Thomas said the following...

That is the right thing to do, and I agree, but I think that one of the primary mistakes in this case is the determination that "students of color" are falling behind. It's normal to see skin color, but it's not ethical to analyze behavior based on skin color like these lousy
    Democrats do all the time.

I'm not from Oregon, but I find it suspicious that "students of color" were falling behind. It defies logic. Skin color can't determine grades. More likely, the Democrat governor is trying to brainwash them into thinking "we're black so we can't read good." If they're not dumb, then the idea is "let's make them dumb."

Your LBJ quote was the best... Too bad the sheep who vote the Democratic line don't see them for what they are ... racist communist control freaks. It wasn;'t until Barry and Mike came on the scene that the country became soooooooo divided.

Great things are happening.... Leader in Argentina elected and yesterday Holland elected a new leader... BOTH are considered "Trump like" Hopefully the have the ability to dig themselves out from where the left put them.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A program is used to turn data into error messages.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Thu Nov 23 20:37:51 2023
    Your LBJ quote was the best... Too bad the sheep who vote the Democratic line don't see them for what they are ... racist communist control
    freaks. It wasn;'t until Barry and Mike came on the scene that the country became soooooooo divided.

People in my area might catch on to the BS. Racism was never an issue here before, and people hate to be told things that they already know (like "don't be racist.") So hopefully this will backfire in their ignorant Democrat faces.

I didn't know who you meant at first when you said "Mike," but now I get it!

Barry & Mike - a very divisive couple indeed!

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Nov 24 07:33:47 2023
    Aaron Thomas wrote to IB Joe <=-

That is the right thing to do, and I agree, but I think that one of the primary mistakes in this case is the determination that "students of color" are falling behind. It's normal to see skin color, but it's not ethical to analyze behavior based on skin color like these lousy
    Democrats do all the time.

That's because this idea goes with their Narrative.

Thomas Sowell has already proved that the lower test scores have more to do with attitudes in the family.

... Stipulation #1: There will be no stipulations

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Nov 24 07:56:15 2023
    On 23 Nov 2023, Aaron Thomas said the following...

People in my area might catch on to the BS. Racism was never an issue
    here before, and people hate to be told things that they already know (like "don't be racist.") So hopefully this will backfire in their ignorant Democrat faces.

I use to be on the board for the Pop Warner football league in my area... years ago... Children of all shades just playing sports and having fun. Parents of those children just wanting their children to have fun and succeed.

Just normal people raising their children.

Side story... One year there was a young girl who started cheerleading... first time... Her mother got arrested and sent to jail for some time. When I heard this I drove to her grandmother's place... that's where she was staying... Poor area... house could be no more than a 2 bedroom and it looked like the grandmother was raising 6 or so of her grandchildren.

I told the grandmother I would pick the young girl up for practice, practice Monday-Fridays, games on Saturdays... not all games were local and some we needed to travel for. She was young ~ 8 or 9 and she was a child of color. I bought her food when needed drove her everywhere even had to pay for a hotel stay in Jacksonville... We never talked about her home life just presented her with an opportunity.

The governor of Oregon should replicate this model... Instead of lowering the bar help the children achieve.

I didn't know who you meant at first when you said "Mike," but now I get it!

Barry & Mike - a very divisive couple indeed!

HAHAHA if you ask your phone for pictures of Barry and Mike you'll see Michelle before the transition.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... How is it possible to have a civil war?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Fri Nov 24 08:53:45 2023
    That is the right thing to do, and I agree, but I think that one of t primary mistakes in this case is the determination that "students of color" are falling behind. It's normal to see skin color, but it's no ethical to analyze behavior based on skin color like these lousy Democrats do all the time.

That's because this idea goes with their Narrative.

Thomas Sowell has already proved that the lower test scores have more to do with attitudes in the family.

The Oregon governor is not a fan of Thomas Sowell though. ):

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Fri Nov 24 09:10:25 2023
    had to pay for a hotel stay in Jacksonville... We never talked about
    her home life just presented her with an opportunity.

The governor of Oregon should replicate this model... Instead of
    lowering the bar help the children achieve.

Oregon Gov Kotek seems to be in on the "Destroy America" mission.

It's great that you did what you could to help that kid. It will change her outlook and she won't become one of the Democrats' victims.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Nov 24 10:28:16 2023
    On 24 Nov 2023, Aaron Thomas said the following...

The governor of Oregon should replicate this model... Instead of lowering the bar help the children achieve.

Oregon Gov Kotek seems to be in on the "Destroy America" mission.

It's great that you did what you could to help that kid. It will change her outlook and she won't become one of the Democrats' victims.

I just saw/see things differently. I felt connected with the people in my community ... All parents interacted as a group... I didn't live in a big city center so I'm not familiarizer with some of the large city wows.

Anyway... Why I support Trump's America First policies.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Nov 25 08:16:22 2023
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

The Oregon governor is not a fan of Thomas Sowell though. ):

More likely he just has trouble reading - especially things that prove his Narrative wrong.

... Epitaph on a gravestone: Cheerio, see you soon.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Sun Nov 26 11:39:00 2023
    I read some on X today... Governor of Oregon signed into law the removal of Mat
    , reading and writing from High School to help the children of color...

How did we get here...

Specifically, I believe it was that the students won't be tested on their proficiency in those subjects, not that they won't teach them at all.
    Also, the report I heard called the use of such proficiency testing of
    those three subjects as "racist."

All that said, I would be very, very skeptical about hiring anyone educated
    in public schools and universities in Oregon if my company needs them to be proficient in any of those subjects. Their diplomas, until this policy is reversed, are going to be meaningless.

Criticism of the new policy includes wondering why they don't try to change their methods of teaching said subjects, as the current methods are
    apparently not working, rather than just blaming the students' ethnicity
    and ceasing to properly grade them (which sounds racist!).

Here is something that concerned me a little during the Thanksgiving meal.
    We have a large gathering each year, so there are always at least two
    tables in separate rooms (and sometimes three). This year, I was one of
    the adults at the table with the next generation. All but one of them was college age, and all but one of those is currently enrolled (the other has completed some college). The three in college are supposed to be
    exceptional students.

One of them mentioned that they were taking part in some mental tests for science credit. I remember doing that for credits in a biology class I
    took in college. These tests they are taking are for things such as autism, ADHD, and at least one other mental disorder that the person could not remember.

I jokingly asked if it was a sociopath test. Apparently, from the
    questions that followed, I was the only person at the table who knew what a sociopath was. OTOH, two of them were able to explain to me the different pronouns that should be applied to a male who is not trans but who does cross-dress.

* SLMR 2.1a * If it ain't water-cooled... it's a terminal!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Mon Nov 27 08:12:08 2023
    Mike Powell wrote to IB JOE <=-

Specifically, I believe it was that the students won't be tested on
    their proficiency in those subjects, not that they won't teach them at all.

Teachers have been "teaching to the test" for decades now. Not testing students on their proficiency simply means that the incompetent teachers will continue not teaching and students not learning.

All that said, I would be very, very skeptical about hiring anyone educated in public schools and universities in Oregon if my company
    needs them to be proficient in any of those subjects. Their diplomas, until this policy is reversed, are going to be meaningless.

It already is. A high school diploma was useless a long time ago. The Elitists have made college valueless, and now they are just pushing their policies down. Today, most companies have some sort of proficiency test they give, or assume that they will need to train new hires because they won't have the skills.

... Bank Rule: To get a loan, first prove you don't need it.