• Re: Voter Rolls

From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sun Nov 19 12:45:36 2023
    On 19 Nov 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

I don't see anything wrong with that. In this "purge," if you received the letter, you could respond and they'd not remove you. Several years ago (1980s), a Democrat administration tried something similar and it
    was allowed. The difference with them is that if you got the letter,
    you'd already been purged, and they said it would cost you $$$ to be reinstated.

In Canada they do something I wouldn't want the US to do... When you file a
    tax return you can check off a box that says notify the elections people with your information. WOW, can you imagine what the US federal government would do if they had this information...

I just don't think it's a bad idea to purge the roles... We've been informed you passed away... We've been informed you moved... You've been on the voter roles since 1865 and we think there is an issue.... You haven't voted in 3 decades and as a result your name will be purged from the voter rolls... feel free to contact us within the next 30 days.... or feel free to contact use a week before any election cycle to be added back onto the rolls.

Something like that... easy as 3.14.

There was a county in California who had a turnout of 114% One county had more people vote than actually lived there... This has to stop. If you can't make sure you're on a voter list then you shouldn't vote...

Imagine this... Tuesday was chosen... from what I recall... was because once church was over it gave the voter a few days, by horse, to get to the polls... In some cases. 2023 we think it's racist to ask minorities to be able to recall the last 4 of their social or produce some sort of ID or evidence you live in the area... Never mind a 2 day horse ride.

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... The reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where the bad girls live

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Sun Nov 19 11:05:00 2023

One thing that I don't like here... several years ago the administration >MP> tried to clean up the voter registrations by removing persons who did not >MP> respond to a letter that was sent to their most-recent address if they >MP> had also not voted in X number of years. The AG at the time, who is now >MP> our Democrat Governor, fought them and got names added back.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing...

Oh, I agree that it is not a good thing! ;)

There are some Democrat run places that
    have people on their voter rolls since the civil war. Some Democrat run count
    s have more people voting that actually live in the county... All ages include
    .. Maybe if you haven't voted in X or even XX years there is nothing wrong wi
    getting dropped from the rolls. What's wrong with saying my name is John Doe
    . I haven't voted in X or XX years... Here's my DL or last 4 of my social... a
    here's proof I live here... copy of a gas bill or something.

I don't see anything wrong with that. In this "purge," if you received the letter, you could respond and they'd not remove you. Several years ago (1980s), a Democrat administration tried something similar and it was allowed. The difference with them is that if you got the letter, you'd already been purged, and they said it would cost you $$$ to be reinstated.

A Republican I am related to got that letter after having only not voted
    for 4 years! They got around paying the $$$ (which I am 100% certain is illegal) by re-registering during a voter registration drive put on by the
    DAR or some other such organization.

While you may be thinking that during 4 years they should have voted, this
    was during a period where the Republicans often didn't run any candidates
    for state or local offices where they lived, and no one was going to unseat Senator Ford or whoever the other D senator and rep were. So, in reality,
    they probably missed one Presidential election and got removed.

Your right to vote should be sacred... It's valuable... and the ruling class kn
    w this... Your vote has the same value as Bill Gate's vote or Barry & Mike Obam
    's votes.

Correct.

The Democrats know this... That's why the want Voting season... The want to mai
    unsolicited votes out to everyone even if they have moved away or died decades >ago... This is why they want unprotected drop boxes and ballot harvesting.... B
    CAUSE they don't want to have to try to convince you that their ideas are good.
    . they just want to cheat!!!

In most cases, it does usually seem to be Democrats that push harder for
    such things.

Here's an issue in Florida... Snowbirds come down from NY, or whatever state, t
    ey vote there and as well as Florida... Florida has checked and has caught and >rosecuted these folks.

They need to continue to vigorously do so. I have known people who voted
    where they used to live but really don't anymore, but never who voted in both places.

* SLMR 2.1a * Goodness! That was close! I almost gave a damn.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Mon Nov 20 08:35:46 2023
    On 20 Nov 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

Do they allow people to register the day of the election? That would account for > 100% turnout, but not for more than lived there.

Apparently not... I looked it up

:Start

Registration Deadlines

You can apply to register to vote at any time. However, to vote in an election, you must be registered in the state by the book closing date, which is normally the 29th day before each election.

:Finish

Stuff was deleted... But for the most part there are deadlines. I have said in the past that I think right to vote is one of the most important right you have .... next to the second amendment it protects a lot of other rights.

I carry a gun all the time, I avoid states that aren't 2A friendly... I do not do this half heartedly... I bone up on the laws pertaining to my choice. I practice shooting regularly ... All the proper things you need to do...

Elections are a regular thing... It even says in the constitution when they should be held... If you can't get your act together before an election... then you shouldn't vote... If you move into the sate after the 29 day mark... Too late... vote where you came from.

Florida use to let you register for 2 cycles at a time... Now I can only register for 1, including the primary. I order my ballot early because I want to research Judges on the ballots. I deliver by hand the ballot to the election office where the drop box is inside the office and is manned at all times.

I personally think there should be tight rules/laws with elections. It would simply squash doubt...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... The shortest distance between two points is under construction

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Mon Nov 20 09:25:00 2023
    There was a county in California who had a turnout of 114% One county had more
    people vote than actually lived there... This has to stop. If you can't make >ure you're on a voter list then you shouldn't vote...

Do they allow people to register the day of the election? That would
    account for > 100% turnout, but not for more than lived there.

* SLMR 2.1a * Federal Law prohibits the removal of this tagline
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Mon Nov 20 08:42:19 2023
    On 20 Nov 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

Do they allow people to register the day of the election? That would account for > 100% turnout, but not for more than lived there.

That doesn't explain 114, or 112% turn out... or does it explain more people voting that every man, woman and child living in the county.

There should be NO acceptable levels of voter fraud. All counties and all parties should be working towards that goal. There could be some early voting... a few days... Vote on election day... polls close at a certain time... let the victor know they won ... Move on... Can't find secret ballots a week or two later that just magically show up in the mail with no crease marks indicating that they were mailed in...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Tue Nov 21 07:25:56 2023
    Mike Powell wrote to IB JOE <=-

My understanding is that you can vote in any area.

Ex: Let's assume that I live in the south end of the state. But I have to attend a conference in a city on the north end of the state. It was too late for me to get a mail-in ballot when I was told I had to attend the conference.

My understanding is that I can vote in that north end area, even though I'm not on their voter roles. It's supposed to balance out. One extra vote in the north end, but one less vote in the south end and that at some point, someone is supposed to verify that I am indeed on the voter roles and that my vote is valid.

... Proofread carefully to see if you any words out!
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Tue Nov 21 09:31:00 2023
    My understanding is that I can vote in that north end area, even though I'm no
    on their voter roles. It's supposed to balance out. One extra vote in the north end, but one less vote in the south end and that at some point, someone is supposed to verify that I am indeed on the voter roles and that my vote is valid.

They *used to* do something like that here in KY, and may still. If you
    voted outside your home area, you were only allowed to vote in certain elections (i.e. not the localized ones). If you were from out of state,
    you could only vote for President, for example, and I think they held those aside for additional verifications. I am fuzzy on that part. If they
    don't verify them at all, it sounds like a potential fraud hazard.

That said, I am not sure they allow that anymore, especially the out of
    state voting.

* SLMR 2.1a * IBM = Institute of Black Magic
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Wed Nov 22 07:36:07 2023
    Mike Powell wrote to Dr. What <=-

They *used to* do something like that here in KY, and may still. If
    you voted outside your home area, you were only allowed to vote in
    certain elections (i.e. not the localized ones). If you were from out
    of state, you could only vote for President, for example, and I think
    they held those aside for additional verifications. I am fuzzy on that part. If they don't verify them at all, it sounds like a potential
    fraud hazard.

I'm pretty sure that here in Michigan, you can vote in a different precinct than you are supposed to. Whether your vote counts or is validates, though, I have no idea anymore. Especially with the Elitists running things here.

That said, I am not sure they allow that anymore, especially the out of state voting.

That I can understand. But that's what absentee voting is for.

... 1 + 2 = 3; Therefore, 4 + 5 = 6.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Wed Nov 22 09:22:00 2023
    They *used to* do something like that here in KY, and may still. If
    you voted outside your home area, you were only allowed to vote in certain elections (i.e. not the localized ones). If you were from out of state, you could only vote for President, for example, and I think they held those aside for additional verifications. I am fuzzy on that part. If they don't verify them at all, it sounds like a potential fraud hazard.

I'm pretty sure that here in Michigan, you can vote in a different precinct than you are supposed to. Whether your vote counts or is validates, though, I
    have no idea anymore. Especially with the Elitists running things here.

We can do that here, at least within our home counties, because there are
    no longer precinct-only polling locations. They are able to scan our
    driver's license, determine which precinct we belong to, and generate a
    paper ballot with the proper races printed on it.

They probably have a little more difficult time if you show up with some
    other form of ID but as long as it has your address and ZIP code, I am
    assuming they figure it out.

That said, I am not sure they allow that anymore, especially the out of state voting.

That I can understand. But that's what absentee voting is for.

I would have thought so, too.

* SLMR 2.1a * Basic Flying Rule #1: Keep the pointy end forward.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux