• Woke, Stupid, and Lazy

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Mon Nov 6 10:48:00 2023
    I think they're gonna do it again, and anybody who complains about it will just be discredited as a "conspiracy theorist."

The problem with doing it again are the crazies. And backing people in to a corner will push the slightly crazy over the edge.

Once the crazies see that there is no alternative, they will go after the Elitists. And since they are crazy, they will succeed.

And if they don't succeed, then that will give more ammo to the elite and
    the government for increasing their controls over our lives. If the "conspiracy theories" are actually all correct, that would make me certain
    that this is the elitist end game.

This information can be useful for starting a revolt, but this information is not interesting to our top prosecutors.

Too true. I've repremanded my state "representative" for not pushing for removal of our AG for gross incompetance and derelection of duty. There are proven, documented illegal acts during the last election but no one has been proceduted.

Did they ever do anything about the problems that the local authority
    uncovered in one of your counties, or did they just ignore it, despite the admission that something did indeed happen that should not have?

The industry that I'm in - as well as my hobbies - don't tolerate idiots.

You must not be in IT. :D

I also see lots of backlash against Woke trash. ex: Disney has postponed
    hei
    Snow White re-telling because of the feedback they have gotten.

My understanding is that part of the issue here is the lead actress voiced
    her opinion of the original animated classic -- she does not like it. Woke
    or not, that is enough to upset a lot of hard-core Disney fans who would
    have been a part of the target audience.

Not sure why they think postponing a couple of years, while keeping the
    same actress, will help them any.

The amount of Woke signalling has also decreased significantly. Nearly all
    f
    the signage that I used to see about "BLM" and "Trust the science" is gone.

It got replaced with the "more than 2 genders" signalling, but I have also
    not heard as much of that the past couple of months. My guess is that it
    will eventually get replaced with "Trump is bad" signalling.

No. People who vote Democrat are stupid, lazy people. They want to be "big" people, but don't have the ability to be more than burger flippers. They
    hin
    that the Democrat policies will pull everyone up, but the reality is that it will drag everyone down - as has been proven time and time again. But these people don't care as long as there is no one "above" them.

Some of them actually have pretty good jobs but they were indoctrinated
    while getting an (actual) education, or by their parents or peers. They
    are doing well enough that, while they are not at "elite" level politically, they can somehow ignore what the economy is doing to their pocketbooks. That probably gets them somewhere in the "stupid" category, but not the typical "stupid" that you would normally imagine (i.e. that goes hand in hand with lazy).

Which is why I don't watch TV anymore. I haven't listened to radio for over

years now. It's just propaganda or "bread and circuses".

Our local news is still OK, although the Louisville stations do cover some
    for the gross incompetence of their local government.

* SLMR 2.1a * Truth Through Superior Firepower.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Tue Nov 7 08:12:19 2023
    Mike Powell wrote to Dr. What <=-

And if they don't succeed, then that will give more ammo to the elite
    and the government for increasing their controls over our lives.

That's going to happen no matter what. They are just looking for excuses.

the "conspiracy theories" are actually all correct, that would make me certain that this is the elitist end game.

The "conspiracy theorists" have been proven right since the start of the scamemic.

Did they ever do anything about the problems that the local authority uncovered in one of your counties, or did they just ignore it, despite
    the admission that something did indeed happen that should not have?

They just ignored it. "Nothing to see here. Move along."

The industry that I'm in - as well as my hobbies - don't tolerate idiots.

You must not be in IT. :D

I am. But they don't let us talk to the "normals". We're WAY too honest. :)

My understanding is that part of the issue here is the lead actress
    voiced her opinion of the original animated classic -- she does not
    like it. Woke or not, that is enough to upset a lot of hard-core
    Disney fans who would have been a part of the target audience.

Not sure why they think postponing a couple of years, while keeping the same actress, will help them any.

Supposedly they are re-editing it and making it more like the original story and (probably) telling the lead actress to keep her mouth shut.

It got replaced with the "more than 2 genders" signalling, but I have
    also not heard as much of that the past couple of months. My guess is that it will eventually get replaced with "Trump is bad" signalling.

But, around my area it seems, all the virtual signalling has gone. But the Trump stuff is still clearly visible. Keep in mind that we travel through some rural areas, so my perception is certainly skewed.

Some of them actually have pretty good jobs but they were indoctrinated while getting an (actual) education, or by their parents or peers.

They have good jobs now, but that doesn't mean that they will keep them. The Bud Light Advertising exec had a good job until she screwed up royally. The DEI people in many companies are being let go.

I'm cautious about saying that they had a "actual education". They got a degree. Whether they actually got educated is something different. That's why some colleges are starting to fail. They graduated too many people with degrees who obviously didn't have the education and companies stopped accepting the degree as proof of education.

They are doing well enough that, while they are not at "elite" level politically, they can somehow ignore what the economy is doing to their pocketbooks.

For now. Until their company goes broke.

Restaurants are feeling a large amount of pain right now with the double whammy of minimum wage increases in many areas, and higher inflation (which leads to fewer people eating out).

We'll see how many retailers survive this Christmas.

That probably gets them somewhere in the "stupid"
    category, but not the typical "stupid" that you would normally imagine (i.e. that goes hand in hand with lazy).

No, "stupid" in that they think that they are important and deserve that high wage. And that what they have will go on forever (i.e. no saving and paying off debts faster).

I remember listening to layed-off UAW members whining about how they can't find that job that pays at a professional level (for a no education or experience job) where they only have to actually work 4 hours per day.

Our local news is still OK, although the Louisville stations do cover
    some for the gross incompetence of their local government.

I used to do the local news. But when they started pushing the COVID scam the TV went off.

... Lots of people make sense, I want to make $$$
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Tue Nov 7 09:06:00 2023
    It got replaced with the "more than 2 genders" signalling, but I have also not heard as much of that the past couple of months. My guess is that it will eventually get replaced with "Trump is bad" signalling.

But, around my area it seems, all the virtual signalling has gone. But the Trump stuff is still clearly visible. Keep in mind that we travel through som
    rural areas, so my perception is certainly skewed.

I also travel through mostly rural areas. In the area I live in, there
    never was really much virtue signalling. I had to travel to Lexington or Leftyexcrementholeville to see it publically. Otherwise, it was just on
    the news.

No, "stupid" in that they think that they are important and deserve that high wage. And that what they have will go on forever (i.e. no saving and paying off debts faster).

The ones I am thinking of do save and don't seem to carry debt, so
    inflation is not affecting them as much. They also are not union workers.

I remember listening to layed-off UAW members whining about how they can't fin
    that job that pays at a professional level (for a no education or experience job) where they only have to actually work 4 hours per day.

LOL. Shouldn't the UAW help them do so? I thought that was one of the
    things the union was for?

There is some sarcasm in those questions. ;)

* SLMR 2.1a * -
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Wed Nov 8 07:37:21 2023

I also travel through mostly rural areas. In the area I live in, there never was really much virtue signalling. I had to travel to Lexington
    or Leftyexcrementholeville to see it publically. Otherwise, it was
    just on the news.

Around the main town where I am, there were a good number of virtual signalers.
    But I've noticed in the last year, those signals have disappeared. My wife and I walk the area several times a week, so we notice things like that.

LOL. Shouldn't the UAW help them do so? I thought that was one of the things the union was for?

There is some sarcasm in those questions. ;)

I've known a good number of union workers in my time. I've also had to deal with the unions. It became extremely clear to me that the union only had the union's best interest at heart. It tolerated workers only to get their union dues.

I remember when GM robotized one of their plants. The UAW was up in arms over the "lost jobs!", right up until GM told the UAW that they would pay the union dues of the robots to the UAW. Then there was no problem with the robots.

... Seeing is believing, Touching is convincing..

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Wed Nov 8 10:05:00 2023
    Around the main town where I am, there were a good number of virtual signalers
    But I've noticed in the last year, those signals have disappeared. My wife and I walk the area several times a week, so we notice things like that.

Now that you mention it, I did sometimes see a pride flag or a BLM sign in
    a window somewhere. Still do, but they don't seem to be multiplying.

I've known a good number of union workers in my time. I've also had to deal with the unions. It became extremely clear to me that the union only had the union's best interest at heart. It tolerated workers only to get their union dues.

I worked in a union shop for a couple of years -- meat packing plant. I
    had an "office job," so I was not union. Before I got there, there had
    been a big strike that lasted about a year. From what I picked up from the union members I worked with, most of them were not very thrilled with the
    union and only tolerated it because it meant they had a job. When the
    former (non-union) HR person from the strike days showed up to visit, they
    all gathered around him as if welcoming back a hero. I asked one of the
    guys why that was. At some point during or after the strike, they realized
    he was the only one who reallly cared if they had a job or not.

I remember when GM robotized one of their plants. The UAW was up in arms over
    the "lost jobs!", right up until GM told the UAW that they would pay the union
    dues of the robots to the UAW. Then there was no problem with the robots.

That doesn't surprise me a bit. Most people seemed to have that figured
    out, but I have noticed lately that some folks around our age seem to have forgotten that... or maybe they were just virtue signalling during the
    recent UAW strike.

* SLMR 2.1a * Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Thu Nov 9 07:54:35 2023

Now that you mention it, I did sometimes see a pride flag or a BLM sign
    in a window somewhere. Still do, but they don't seem to be
    multiplying.

I used to see around 10-15 in my town. By the middle of summer, they were all gone.

a job. When the former (non-union) HR person from the strike days
    showed up to visit, they all gathered around him as if welcoming back a hero. I asked one of the guys why that was. At some point during or after the strike, they realized he was the only one who reallly cared
    if they had a job or not.

That's probably the major reason why the unions still have at least some support in the ranks. The unions still have some people who try to do what is supposed to be their job.

That doesn't surprise me a bit. Most people seemed to have that
    figured out, but I have noticed lately that some folks around our age
    seem to have forgotten that... or maybe they were just virtue
    signalling during the recent UAW strike.

Ya, I can remember many union problems over the years. Every time, the union messes things up. But we are back to the Media spinning things in favor of their masters again.

The only time I ever saw the Media against the union was when the newspaper in my area decided to de-unionize. Even the Teamsters got involved (usually with Antifa-like results). In the end, everyone was better off (except, of course, for the lazy and the union bosses) and the paper survived for many more years. But you never heard that in the media.

... Do you always hit the nail right on the thumb?

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Thu Nov 9 08:35:00 2023
    a job. When the former (non-union) HR person from the strike days showed up to visit, they all gathered around him as if welcoming back a hero. I asked one of the guys why that was. At some point during or after the strike, they realized he was the only one who reallly cared
    if they had a job or not.

That's probably the major reason why the unions still have at least some support in the ranks. The unions still have some people who try to do what is
    supposed to be their job.

I think you misunderstood. The guy who did his job was a non-union member
    of management, i.e. one of the people they were striking *against*. The
    union workers came to realize he was the only one who really cared if they
    had a job or not, and that their union didn't care at all.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Mmmmmmmm.....bacon..."
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Fri Nov 10 08:14:27 2023

I think you misunderstood. The guy who did his job was a non-union
    member of management, i.e. one of the people they were striking
    *against*. The union workers came to realize he was the only one who really cared if they had a job or not, and that their union didn't care
    at all.

OOoo.. Yes. I missed that.

But it goes to show that the union Narrative of "this is a battle between management and the worker" is mostly false. There is middle ground, but the big unions want to take it all.

... When a girl goes bad--men go right after her.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Fri Nov 10 10:13:00 2023
    I think you misunderstood. The guy who did his job was a non-union member of management, i.e. one of the people they were striking *against*. The union workers came to realize he was the only one who really cared if they had a job or not, and that their union didn't care at all.

OOoo.. Yes. I missed that.

But it goes to show that the union Narrative of "this is a battle between management and the worker" is mostly false. There is middle ground, but the big unions want to take it all.

There are times when I could agree there is a battle between "upper"
    management and the worker, but that is usually because upper management is either incompetent or has already decided they are getting out of whatever business they are in. I saw that happen at the same place, and it was a
    mix of both... incompetence lead them to the point where eventual exit was inevitable.

* SLMR 2.1a * "I'm cold, and there are wolves after me!"-Granpa Simpson
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Sat Nov 11 08:42:22 2023

There are times when I could agree there is a battle between "upper" management and the worker,

But usually that battle is "we want more work out of you for the same pay" and "we want less work for the same pay". But usually when they sit down and talk, both labor and management can reach some common ground where both are happy.

The union battles that I've see have been along the lines of "We want professional pay, and professional level benefits, for common labor work and we won't compromise." Kinda hard to reach common ground there.

but that is usually because upper management
    is either incompetent or has already decided they are getting out of whatever business they are in.

Incompetent management is always a problem. But as I tell people, if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

The union guys I spoke with didn't like that because of the rules that **they** put in place, they would have to take a major cut in benefits to go somewhere else (even in the same company).

But that's a sign that things are **really** screwed up.

... When a girl goes bad--men go right after her.