• Speaker of The House

From IB Joe@1:342/200 to All on Wed Oct 4 09:03:48 2023
    I'm not saying it's got legs... but I can say it has a leg... Multiple Republicans say they want to nominate Trump as Speaker... It's made it on Fox News and a saw a clip this morning with MYG on some other network stating her interest in nominating Trump.

From what I hear Trump is interested in the job... MTG, stated she'll be talking to The Donald later today about this...

This would be cool... If Trump is the Speaker it'll through the Marxist off balance... And Trump can work on deals that will help America,,, Close the boarder... De-fund the weaponized DOJ... Release the J6 videos work on budget reform....

More importantly he can Make The House Great Again!!!

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... I think I am, therefore, I am... I think.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Wed Oct 4 12:15:00 2023
    I'm not saying it's got legs... but I can say it has a leg... Multiple Republic
    ns say they want to nominate Trump as Speaker... It's made it on Fox News and >saw a clip this morning with MYG on some other network stating her interest in >nominating Trump.

I heard that also, but doesn't he have to get elected to the House first?

There is technically nothing that says they have to be a member to be
    elected, but those 8 Republicans who voted to remove McCarthy are no where
    near enough votes to elect someone from outside.

I think this is another smoke screen. They got rid of McCarthy to appease
    some folks without having any idea of what to do next, so they throw Trump's name in the mix.

* SLMR 2.1a * 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Wed Oct 4 20:03:05 2023
    This would be cool... If Trump is the Speaker it'll through the Marxist off balance... And Trump can work on deals that will help America,,,
    Close the boarder... De-fund the weaponized DOJ... Release the J6
    videos work on budget reform....

I'd love it. But how is that possible? Wouldn't he have to 1st get elected as a member of congress?

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Oct 5 08:47:50 2023
    On 04 Oct 2023, Aaron Thomas said the following...

I'd love it. But how is that possible? Wouldn't he have to 1st get
    elected as a member of congress?

And the answer is .... NO... Constitution doesn't say they have to be a congressman/woman... Just someone elected by a majority... MTG and a few others said they'll nominate him... Other names are starting to surface now anyway... Jim Jordon.. Steve Scalise just to name a few... We'll be good to go soon.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your trip in kilometers

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Thu Oct 5 14:16:25 2023
    And the answer is .... NO... Constitution doesn't say they have to be a congressman/woman... Just someone elected by a majority... MTG and a few others said they'll nominate him... Other names are starting to surface now anyway... Jim Jordon.. Steve Scalise just to name a few... We'll be good to go soon.

I like Jim Jordan. He knows that Fauci caused covid, and he's not afraid to say it.

I hope they don't change the rule about being able to remove a lousy speaker.

McCarthy needed to be removed, so it's obvious the rule needs to stay in place.

If every Republican voted Trump for speaker, then we'd be in good shape! But there are like hundreds of RINOs in there.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Oct 5 15:16:23 2023
    On 05 Oct 2023, Aaron Thomas said the following...

I like Jim Jordan. He knows that Fauci caused covid, and he's not afraid to say it.

I hope they don't change the rule about being able to remove a lousy speaker.

McCarthy needed to be removed, so it's obvious the rule needs to stay in place.

If every Republican voted Trump for speaker, then we'd be in good shape! But there are like hundreds of RINOs in there.

It would be entertaining if Trump got in... I was listening to someone lament on this topic earlier... AND WOW it would be fun... He could call for impeachments of Biden and a few others... too many to mention... People responsible for the boarder... A bunch of things ... Never mind Trump's love for making deal... the budget... it would bee a hoot to see it unfold..

What I don't know is... Can Jim Jordan remain as one of the investigators, because he's soooooooooooo good, and still be a house leader.

Nancy Mace has thrown her hat in the race... She's one of the ones who voted with Matt Gaetz... She's conservative and is on the same page with others about budget and proper order.

BTW, Jim was on the news talking about what he'd do if her were speaker. Trump is going to Washington in a couple days over this as well, as per Trump.

About the vacate rule... it's always been there... but McCarthy lowered the threshold to get the job.... to only 1... not a good idea... I'm glad McCarthy is out... but if they don't return it back to a more meaningful number we'll be going through speakers ever other week.

:)

Having said that... We do need it for Senate Minority Leaders ASAP...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Nine times out of ten the statisticians are wrong

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Oct 6 13:42:03 2023
    Hello Aaron,

This would be cool... If Trump is the Speaker it'll through the Marxist
    off balance... And Trump can work on deals that will help America,,,
    Close the boarder... De-fund the weaponized DOJ... Release the J6
    videos work on budget reform....

I'd love it. But how is that possible? Wouldn't he have to 1st get elected as a member of congress?

Please. Vote for me. You'll be glad you did.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    My body, my choice! / Her body, her choice!

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Fri Oct 6 05:59:59 2023
    On 04 Oct 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

I heard that also, but doesn't he have to get elected to the House first?

There is technically nothing that says they have to be a member to be elected, but those 8 Republicans who voted to remove McCarthy are no
    where near enough votes to elect someone from outside.

I think this is another smoke screen. They got rid of McCarthy to
    appease some folks without having any idea of what to do next, so they throw Trump's name in the mix.

I'm not saying Trump should do it... He said he would if called to do it. If Trump were to do it he'd probably get the job done, he likes to make deals.

Trump would have to get voted in with 218 votes and if he really wanted the job he could get them... Trump said he's going to DC on Tuesday to throw his support behind Jim Jordan, the person he endorsed yesterday.

If Trump became speaker the DOJ and their minion would find an other 4 or 5 indictments for him.. :)

and a comment on yours about... "They had no idea what to do next"... They did... get rid of Kevin Pelosi and replace him with a non-RINO.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A house is a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Fri Oct 6 09:29:28 2023
    On 06 Oct 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

And how long before that "conservative" person makes a deal that needs making and then gets labeled as RINO?

I don't know that answer... I don't have an issue with RINOs being exposed... Republicans have an issue with RINOs... notice that the Democrats don't have have Democrats who say they are Democrats and vote like a republican.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... How is it possible to have a civil war?

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Fri Oct 6 09:24:00 2023
    If Trump became speaker the DOJ and their minion would find an other 4 or 5 in
    ctments for him.. :)

No doubt.

and a comment on yours about... "They had no idea what to do next"... They did
    . get rid of Kevin Pelosi and replace him with a non-RINO.

And how long before that "conservative" person makes a deal that needs making and then gets labeled as RINO?

* SLMR 2.1a * What is mind? No matter! What is matter? Never mind!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Fri Oct 6 13:41:48 2023
    It would be entertaining if Trump got in... I was listening to someone lament on this topic earlier... AND WOW it would be fun... He could call for impeachments of Biden and a few others... too many to mention...

We think he would, and he probably would, but as house speaker he has less time to get anything done because the house can flip from year to year.

I think there's only 1 office that we want Trump in.

What I don't know is... Can Jim Jordan remain as one of the
    investigators, because he's soooooooooooo good, and still be a house leader.

As great as he is, he's one out of 535 who failed to get anything done with our limited time with this GOP majority that we have. He should have been more vocal about how urgent it is to act on all this sabotage that the Democrats are doing.

None of them are better than the other, with maybe the exception of Gaetz for putting an end to McCarthy's feet dragging.

About the vacate rule... it's always been there... but McCarthy lowered the threshold to get the job.... to only 1... not a good idea... I'm
    glad McCarthy is out... but if they don't return it back to a more meaningful number we'll be going through speakers ever other week.

I think we need to shuffle the speakers around. They aren't helping us and we're suffering. As soon as we elect one that has had his V8, then we can chillax.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Lee Lofaso on Fri Oct 6 13:57:53 2023

We need Trump so he can make the superbowl halftime shows more entertaining.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to IB Joe on Sat Oct 7 00:47:54 2023
    Hello Joe,

I think this is another smoke screen. They got rid of McCarthy MP>to
    appease some folks without having any idea of what to do next, MP>so they throw Trump's name in the mix.

I'm not saying Trump should do it... He said he would if called to do it. If Trump were to do it he'd probably get the job done, he likes to make deals.

Matt Gaetz is a pawn. Used by Trump to cause trouble. All it took,
    according to their own rules, was one member to call for a vote to
    ditch the speaker. Although 210 Republicans voted to keep McCarthy
    in his post as speaker, it was not enough to overcome the "gang of
    8" from getting their way. So now you are stuck with mayhem. Total
    mayhem. As orchestrated by Donald J. Trump himself.

Trump would have to get voted in with 218 votes and if he really wanted the
    job he could get them...

Dream on, buddy. Dream on ...

Trump said he's going to DC on Tuesday to throw his support behind Jim Jordan, the person he endorsed yesterday.

It took Kevin McCarthy 15 ballots to get the gig. How many ballots
    do you think it will take Jim Jordan? Or Steve Scalise? Or any of a
    number of other contenders? Voting starts on Wedesday. So be sure
    to hedge your bets now, and be sure to have plenty of popcorn.

If Trump became speaker the DOJ and their minion would find an other 4 or 5
    indictments for him.. :)

There are far too many factions that make the possibility of Trump
    being elected speaker slim to none. Closer to none.

Yes, there is Rule 26. But rules can be changed. Or suspended.
    Or totally done away with. And you know what? After Republicans
    finally figure out who they want as their next speaker, that
    very same rule will remain.

And the gang of 8 will be right back at it, doing their thing.

OTOH -

As shown by the "gang of 8" any faction can do the same thing.
    Which makes it an impossibility for Trump to get elected speaker.
    Unless Democrats decide to play a cosmic joke on the House. Which
    Adam Schiff might do, as he will soon be moving on to the Senate.

and a comment on yours about... "They had no idea what to do next".

What is their philosophy? Do they even have a philosophy?
    What exists is not a political party, but a cult of personality.
    The cult of Trump. What it stands for is anybody's guess.

They did... get rid of Kevin Pelosi and replace him with a non-RINO.

Mayhem. Total mayhem. A morally defunct philosophy of nothingness.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Because not everyone likes licorice

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to IB Joe on Sat Oct 7 00:48:06 2023
    Hello Joe,

And how long before that "conservative" person makes a deal that MP>needs
    making and then gets labeled as RINO?

I don't know that answer...

FDR was a fiscal conservative who saved this country from itself.
    JFK, and later LBJ, were upgrades. And then came others who followed
    suit. Such as Carter, Clinton, Obama, Biden ...

I don't have an issue with RINOs being exposed...

The Republican Party has no philosophy. What it consists of today
    are traitors and cowards. Which explains why Mitt Romney has decided
    to call it a day, hanging it up at the end of his term.

Republicans have an issue with RINOs...

There are no Republicans, as all that is left of what used to be
    a political party are traitors and cowards.

notice that the Democrats don't have have Democrats who say they are Democrats and vote like a republican.

Joe Manchin still claims to be a Democrat, but votes like something
    else. But no matter. He will be leaving the building at the same time
    as Romney.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    What can brown do for you?

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Oct 7 12:31:28 2023
    Hello Aaron,

We need Trump so he can make the superbowl halftime shows more entertaining.

I'll introduce him to Gumbo, the Saints mascot.
    The Super Bowl will be in New Orleans, shortly after
    the POTUS inauguration. What a cool sight that would
    be, a St. Bernard licking the face of the president!
    Live, and on camera! For all the world to see!

For Life,
    Lee

--
    We're Great In Bed

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Sat Oct 7 09:22:00 2023

I don't know that answer... I don't have an issue with RINOs being exposed...
    epublicans have an issue with RINOs... notice that the Democrats don't have ha
    Democrats who say they are Democrats and vote like a republican.

So making a deal that needs to be made = RINO?

Trump loves the art of a deal. Does that mean he could be outed as a RINO?

The problem with all this RINO business is that, while it plays good to the solid supporters and MAGA crowd, the more centerist and independent voters
    (the ones needed to win... like the ones needed for the Red Wave that
    didn't happen) will look at it and figure that the Republicans cannot stop bickering amongst themselves long enough to lead anything.

* SLMR 2.1a * Press any key to continue or any other key to quit
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sat Oct 7 09:52:39 2023
    On 07 Oct 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

So making a deal that needs to be made = RINO?

No, selling out your constituents and or the core values your constituents elected you on does. If Kevin Pelosi made a deal with people to get the Speakership, don't act like a cry baby if they exercise options to fire you if you work out some side deal with the democrats that were counter intuitive to the deal you worked out to get the job.

Trump loves the art of a deal. Does that mean he could be outed as a RINO?

Trump is not a sell out... For example... Trump got Criminal Justice Reform, worked with Democrats and advocates in the industry to get this... All without selling out his core principles. Trump worked on peace in the middle east and had several middle eastern countries sign the Abraham Accord... Largest peace deal ever struck... we were on the right path to finally have peace in the middle east.... not now...

There are several other examples where Trump did everything to put the American people first... Negotiated a new NAFTA deal.... Got Mexico to give 28,000 solders to defend our border... Charged China tariffs for unfair trade practices and then gave US farmers billions of dollars to support the US farmers because China was unfairly targeting them...

When it comes to the American people there is a huge difference between Joe Biden and Donald Trump's negotiating skills...

The problem with all this RINO business is that, while it plays good to the solid supporters and MAGA crowd, the more centerist and independent voters (the ones needed to win... like the ones needed for the Red Wave that didn't happen) will look at it and figure that the Republicans
    cannot stop bickering amongst themselves long enough to lead anything.

This stuff you call bickering is called accountability and debate... At the end of the day the voters will have to choose between open border, crime, mayhem, Bidenomic, inflation, unemployment, World War III and unrest in the middle east.... Of they can martial in lower spending, lower inflation, back to the best economy the US has ever had, low crime, secure border, lower illegals coming into the country.... Less drug overdoses... No world war III peace in the middle east... Just a general feeling of safety...

You also said that this will not lead to anything... Like you can tell the future... So far in the last 9 months the Republicans have exposed the Biden crime family, and they are about to be ables to accelerate this with Kevin gone... And we can now look a little harder into spending reduction.

I am hopeful for the future because republican hold their leaders accountable

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your trip in kilometers

• From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Mike Powell on Sun Oct 8 00:18:00 2023
    On 10-07-23 09:22, Mike Powell <=-
    spoke to Ib Joe about Re: Speaker of The House <=-

The problem with all this RINO business is that, while it plays good
    to the solid supporters and MAGA crowd, the more centerist and
    independent voters (the ones needed to win... like the ones needed for
    the Red Wave that didn't happen) will look at it and figure that the Republicans cannot stop bickering amongst themselves long enough to
    lead anything.

I have said it before, but it is worth saying again. Trump, his solid supporters and the MAGA crowd are the true RINOs. The best true
    Republicans either died or are leaving what the republican party has
    become.

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 00:20:59, 08 Oct 2023
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sun Oct 8 09:30:13 2023
    On 08 Oct 2023, Mike Powell said the following...

That has not lead to anything. Biden is still President and has yet to
    be indicted of anything. Even the exposure of their wrong-doings hasn't prevented him from being the Democrat front-runner for 2024.

And you have been dipping into Hunter's stash... Biden was/has been protected by the likes of Kevin Pelosi, et al. There is more to come.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A Meteor is an example of a rock star.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Sun Oct 8 08:58:00 2023
    You also said that this will not lead to anything... Like you can tell the fut
    e... So far in the last 9 months the Republicans have exposed the Biden crime mily, and they are about to be ables to accelerate this with Kevin gone... And
    e can now look a little harder into spending reduction.

That has not lead to anything. Biden is still President and has yet to be indicted of anything. Even the exposure of their wrong-doings hasn't
    prevented him from being the Democrat front-runner for 2024.

* SLMR 2.1a * IBM = Institute of Black Magic
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Dale Shipp on Mon Oct 9 03:46:11 2023
    Hello Dale,

I have said it before, but it is worth saying again. Trump, his solid supporters and the MAGA crowd are the true RINOs. The best true Republicans either died or are leaving what the republican party has become.

There is no republican party. It took 15 ballots for a collection
    of 220 misfits to elect the last speaker, and only 1 misfit to bring
    him down nine months later. This was the first time in US history
    a sitting speaker was ousted. And by his own "party" members.

The last two Republican speakers (Boehner and Gingrich) quit in
    disgust, rather than wait to be ousted by their colleagues. But back
    then their organization was still a party rather than a circus.

I wonder how many ballots it is going to take this group of MAGA
    nutjobs to elect their next speaker? Or how long they will remain
    content with whoever they choose? Will that speaker last longer
    than McCarthy? Maybe Matt Gaetz will get the gavel, and make it to
    Hallowe'en, when another putsch takes place.

You do realize the same one-member rule will still be in effect
    when the next speaker takes the helm. Just one member is all it
    takes to object, and a new election must take place to fill the
    speaker's seat ...

Gosh. The gang of 8 has what used to be the republican party
    by the balls. And is squeezing for all it can get.

Doesn't matter if the next speaker is Steve Scalise.
    Doesn't matter if the next speaker is Jim Jordan.
    Doesn't matter if the next speaker is Dale Shipp.
    The gang of 8 will always get what it wants.
    Speaker after speaker after speaker after speaker ...

What used to be a political party is nothing more than a cult
    of personality. It has no philosophy, and is more of a collection
    of individuals who like to rant.

The House cannot conduct business until a new speaker has
    been elected. How many ballots, or how long that will take,
    is unknown. It may be quite a while until a solution has
    been found.

But there is hope. Democrats have a plan. A plan to save
    America from itself. Elect Jeffries as speaker, and all will
    be well. Regardless of party, or no party.

Until Matt Gaetz pulls the plug.

The US Constitution makes mention of only one election that
    must be held by Congress - the Speaker of the House. What those
    Framers forgot to mention was how to do it, leaving that choice
    up to the body politic.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    We're Great In Bed

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to IB JOE on Mon Oct 9 07:39:00 2023
    That has not lead to anything. Biden is still President and has yet to be indicted of anything. Even the exposure of their wrong-doings hasn't prevented him from being the Democrat front-runner for 2024.

And you have been dipping into Hunter's stash... Biden was/has been protected
    the likes of Kevin Pelosi, et al. There is more to come.

You get back with me when Joe is indicted, or when he is no longer the
    Democrat front-runner because of this (and not because he is senile, which
    has a far greater chance of happening).

The only people who seem to care about what Joe might have done are us, and
    we are not likely to ever vote for him so the net result is zero.

Now, the unfreezing of Iranian funds and the supposedly unrelated sudden escalation of unrest in Israel might also get him in trouble -- that could certainly be considered a political mis-step (I believe it is) but is not illegal.

* SLMR 2.1a * Your E-mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux