• Try that in a small town

From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to All on Fri Jul 21 17:18:03 2023
    I used to hate country music, but I'm warming up to it more than ever, and the reason is because most (I think) country musicians are conservatives.

Jason Aldean is a conservative!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1_RKu-ESCY

This new song of his "Try that in a small town" is about the the death and destruction that the Democrats caused in 2020 because they wanted Trump out of office so badly, as they worried that their covid game wasn't playing out the way they had planned. (It worked. Democrats 1, Republicans 0.)

This song is causing idiots to cry "racism." The song has nothing to do with skin color or about racial issues; the song is about "Try that in a small town - see how far you make it down the road.." IOW: You won't get away with burning a store down or with murdering a cop, if you do it in a small town.

As much as I love the song and I respect the underlying message, Aldean is only 1/2 right about what he says; people get away with stuff in small towns also. The only difference is that small town people won't bow down to the terrorists and they won't create a plaza bearing the terrorists' organizational name either.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/02/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: alcoholidaybbs.com / Est. 1995 / Columbia, SC (1:123/525)