• Re: End of Institutional

From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Jul 3 09:10:43 2023
    Aaron Thomas wrote to IB Joe <=-

Fast Forward to 2023.... And a conservative majority Supreme Court
    finally said enough racism... Asians need equal protection... No more race based school admissions allowed anymore.

What happened? I haven't heard anything about this.

You haven't been indundated with the "news" of all the Liberal Tears?

The Supreme Court says that universities can't discrimate based on race anymore.

Make you wonder why they did it, and how they got away with it, in the first place. I recall back in 1983 of reading an article about a white guy who sued about this very thing and won.

... The world is coming to an end. Please log off properly.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Ron L. on Tue Jul 4 20:46:29 2023
    Make you wonder why they did it, and how they got away with it, in the first place. I recall back in 1983 of reading an article about a white guy who sued about this very thing and won.

I remember seeing the commercials on TV for "the Negro college fund," and I wondered how that was possible, after all the equality lessons I learned in school.

And I remember seeing that TV show "A Different World" where all the students at the school were black, and I wondered "Do those really exist?"

Every law that's skin-color-coded needs to be erased; and Democrats need to be sued for drafting them.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/02/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: alcoholidaybbs.com / Est. 1995 / Columbia, SC (1:123/525)
  • From Alexander Grotewohl@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Jul 4 21:00:07 2023
    On 04 Jul 2023, Aaron Thomas said the following...

Every law that's skin-color-coded needs to be erased; and Democrats need to be sued for drafting them.

the organization "Color Us United" seems to be the go-to. i heard they help companies sunset their DEI policies. have a feeling there will be more orgs like that soon enough

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Jul 5 08:02:56 2023
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

I remember seeing the commercials on TV for "the Negro college fund,"
    and I wondered how that was possible, after all the equality lessons I learned in school.

I remember those too. But we didn't have equality lessons in school, so I didn't think anything of it. I interpreted it as just like "hey, if you want, kick some money to us to help someone in need."

And I remember seeing that TV show "A Different World" where all the students at the school were black, and I wondered "Do those really
    exist?"

Yup. And later I discovered (via YouTube) that there were a whole bunch of black movies made in the 1920-1930's. All the characters were black. They had production quality no different than the other movies from the same era.

Every law that's skin-color-coded needs to be erased; and Democrats
    need to be sued for drafting them.

Yup. No argument from me on that. Racism would have died out completely by now if it wasn't for them.

... Please affix a 29-cent stamp on your next message.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Alexander Grotewohl on Wed Jul 5 08:24:42 2023
    Every law that's skin-color-coded needs to be erased; and Democrats n to be sued for drafting them.

the organization "Color Us United" seems to be the go-to. i heard they help companies sunset their DEI policies. have a feeling there will be more orgs like that soon enough

Thank you for that link! I see that they are concerned about racially-allocated medical care, and I am concerned about that also.

Laws shouldn't pertain to a skin color, and ONLY Democrats would come up with such an idea. It's obvious that they're just doing it because they want black people to vote for them (I hope their target audience turns the tables on their racist Democrat antics!)

• From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Ron L. on Wed Jul 5 08:47:52 2023
    I remember those too. But we didn't have equality lessons in school, so
    I didn't think anything of it. I interpreted it as just like "hey, if
    you want, kick some money to us to help someone in need."

I went to elementary school in the early 80s and I remember learning stuff like "we're all equal" and "liberty and justice for all."

But now what I'm learning from the Democrats is "lifesaving covid treatment is for non-whites only" and "all white people shall pay for the mistakes of the Democrats, because Democrats are too cowardly to face the music by themselves."

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Wed Jul 5 08:38:00 2023
    I remember seeing the commercials on TV for "the Negro college fund," and I
    o
    ered how that was possible, after all the equality lessons I learned in
    chool

If it is a volunteer/charity orgainization/fund, I don't really see
    anything wrong with it.

And I remember seeing that TV show "A Different World" where all the students
    the school were black, and I wondered "Do those really exist?"

I vaguely remember the show. Wasn't the main character going to a HBCU
    school? If they were, it was probably more realistic than you think. I
    also don't have any problem with HBCUs, especially since (1) in their early years, most of them were probably *forced* by law to be segregated, and (2)
    I believe most of them will accept non-black students.

Our local one (a state college and not private) does accept non-black
    students. Many of them used to be adults returning for a higher education,
    or local kids who could not afford to leave home for school.

Every law that's skin-color-coded needs to be erased; and Democrats need to
    e
    ued for drafting them.

Bearing in mind the make-up of the parties at the time that some of them
    would have been drafted/voted on, some likely had no Democrat support. Only
    the more recent laws/policies (since 1964 or later) would be ones that had large-scale Democrat support.

Welcome back.

* SLMR 2.1a * ...a host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance...
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Mike Powell on Thu Jul 6 00:18:51 2023
    And I remember seeing that TV show "A Different World" where all the MP> > stu
    the school were black, and I wondered "Do those really exist?"

I vaguely remember the show. Wasn't the main character going to a HBCU school? If they were, it was probably more realistic than you think. I also don't have any problem with HBCUs, especially since (1) in their early years, most of them were probably *forced* by law to be
    segregated, and (2) I believe most of them will accept non-black
    students.

It doesn't seem right to me though. Young people shouldn't be led to believe that segregation is a smart choice. I don't see any value -for students- in something being "historically black." Whitley, Dwayne, and Denise Huxtable are all delivering a subliminal message that "black people do great when white people are shoved to the side."

Every law that's skin-color-coded needs to be erased; and Democrats MP> > need
    e
    ued for drafting them.

Bearing in mind the make-up of the parties at the time that some of them would have been drafted/voted on, some likely had no Democrat support. Only the more recent laws/policies (since 1964 or later) would be ones that had large-scale Democrat support.

Were Republicans ever to blame for any racial segregation?

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Thu Jul 6 15:45:00 2023
    It doesn't seem right to me though. Young people shouldn't be led to believe
    h
    t segregation is a smart choice. I don't see any value -for students- in
    ometh
    ng being "historically black." Whitley, Dwayne, and Denise Huxtable are all
    el
    vering a subliminal message that "black people do great when white people are

oved to the side."

I don't have an issue with them. If they feel like they would do better in such an environment, more power to them. Since they were probably
    initially forced to be segregated by the Democrats in charge of their
    states, I cannot fault them for staying that way as most of them will allow non-black kids in.

As for the Huxtables, I do remember some odd things happening on the Cosby Show. Early episodes had a more diverse cast. Later shows did not. IIRC,
    the spin-off show you are talking about originally had at least one white female cast member that was replaced at some point by a similar-acting
    black female actress... similar to what happened to the kids' friends on
    Cosby.

Not sure whose idea that was.

Were Republicans ever to blame for any racial segregation?

That question may be difficult to answer for certain. In my state, they
    were not. Kentucky was working hard in the late 1800s to be more racially progressive. Around 1900, there was a governor's election. The Senate President, a "Northern" Democrat, used his position as Senate President to steal the election and have the actual winner brought up on state-level version of treason charges. The winner fled to another state.

This "governor" then died before being sworn into office... well, before he would have been officially sworn in. They swore him in on his death bed. Officially, he was shot by the Republican Secretary of State. He claimed
    he was poisoned by oysters he was served while recouperating from the
    gunshot wound. Supposedly, his last words were "damn bad oysters," which
    is the name of a book and a tv story about his rise and fall that also
    looks into his claim regarding how he was killed.

The end result was that, after he died, the "Dixiecrat" Democrat who was
    the Lt. Governor got sworn in as Governor and, within a few short years, Kentucky was just as segregated as the rest of the South. The Democrats benefitted from his death more than the Republicans.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Excellent...excellent..." - Mr. Burns
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Thu Jul 6 15:28:00 2023
    But now what I'm learning from the Democrats is "lifesaving covid treatment is >or non-whites only" and "all white people shall pay for the mistakes of the
    em
    crats, because Democrats are too cowardly to face the music by themselves."

While some of the shot clinics in Louisville were indeed set up in areas
    that are mostly black, as a whole the Democrat led state didn't seem to
    cater towards one race when giving out the free-with-insurance shots.

* SLMR 2.1a * "We use language??" - Beavis
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Mike Powell on Fri Jul 7 23:04:18 2023
    This "governor" then died before being sworn into office... well, before he would have been officially sworn in. They swore him in on his death bed. Officially, he was shot by the Republican Secretary of State. He claimed he was poisoned by oysters he was served while recouperating
    from the gunshot wound. Supposedly, his last words were "damn bad oysters," which is the name of a book and a tv story about his rise and fall that also looks into his claim regarding how he was killed.

That story is funny because even on their deathbed, the Democrat's last words are lies. (If they can't come clean at that moment, they never ever will.)

The other part that's funny is that they will die before they admit to their mistakes.

I think we can conclude that no Republicans existing within our lifetimes have ever complained publicly about "racial jungles" before.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Mike Powell on Fri Jul 7 23:12:09 2023
    But now what I'm learning from the Democrats is "lifesaving covid treatme >or non-whites only" and "all white people shall pay for the mistakes of t em
    crats, because Democrats are too cowardly to face the music by themselves

While some of the shot clinics in Louisville were indeed set up in areas that are mostly black, as a whole the Democrat led state didn't seem to cater towards one race when giving out the free-with-insurance shots.

They're interested in killing as many Americans as possible, but if any of them manage to stay alive, they'd better be non-whites, because, allegedly, non-whites are the big Democrat voters.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Sat Jul 8 09:16:00 2023
    This "governor" then died before being sworn into office... well, before he would have been officially sworn in. They swore him in on his death bed. Officially, he was shot by the Republican Secretary of State. He claimed he was poisoned by oysters he was served while recouperating from the gunshot wound. Supposedly, his last words were "damn bad oysters," which is the name of a book and a tv story about his rise and fall that also looks into his claim regarding how he was killed.

That story is funny because even on their deathbed, the Democrat's last words e lies. (If they can't come clean at that moment, they never ever will.)

He was not shot during a duel. He was shot by someone from a window across Broadway from the (now old) capitol. He may very well have died of
    poisoning (or food poisoning) because he had many enemies, including the Dixiecrats who made up most of his party at that time.

I am not convinced he was lying. He may have been correct.

I think we can conclude that no Republicans existing within our lifetimes
    ave
    ver complained publicly about "racial jungles" before.

Democrats who became Republicans in some parts of the country after c1964
    might very well have made such complaints, although maybe not in public.
    In my area, such a shift happened much later and seems to be much more
    related to religion and patriotism than racial issues.

* SLMR 2.1a * 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:123/525 to Mike Powell on Sun Jul 9 11:32:16 2023
    ver complained publicly about "racial jungles" before.

Democrats who became Republicans in some parts of the country after c1964 might very well have made such complaints, although maybe not in public. In my area, such a shift happened much later and seems to be much more related to religion and patriotism than racial issues.

That sounds smart to me. Racial issues are stupid and are for stupid people to deal with.