• Lies! Lies! Lies! Yeah!

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to ALAN IANSON on Fri May 26 10:30:00 2023
    Biden told lies back during his late 1980's Presidential campaign, and got caught by the press. The lies were bad engouh that he had to step out of
    h
    running for President. Does that mean he always lies in your eyes?

Joe Biden is no saint, but he is not a liar.

Sorry, he is. Go back and read about why he had to drop his 1988
    Presidential campaign. He told lies, and the network newspeople of the
    time would not let him get away with it. Specifically, he told a fake
    story about his own past that was actually a story he stole from another person. He also lied about his academic past. He knew he was telling fibs because his aides told him so, but he continue to do it.

It is called fabrication (lying!) and plagarism.

Here, I will help you read up on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_1988_presidential_campaign

"[W]hile political speeches often appropriate ideas and language from each other, Biden's use came under more scrutiny because he fabricated aspects
    of his own family's background in order to match Kinnock's"

"Because he fabricated..." Fabrications are lies!

Same article:
    "[Biden] inaccurately said that he had graduated in the 'top half' of his
    class [...] and had received three degrees in college. In fact, he had earned
    a single B.A. with a double major in history and political science, [...]
    and had graduated 76th out of 85 in his law school class."

76 out of 85 is not top of the class. Another lie.

Same article:
    "Biden had a tendency to invent a past as a marcher in the Civil Rights Movement. For instance, in a February 1987 speech in New Hampshire, he said, 'When I marched in the civil rights movement, I marched with tens of thousands of others to change attitudes.' Statements of this nature had been made by Biden going back to at least 1983. Such statements concerned campaign
    advisors, who knew they did not represent a truthful recollection of Biden's past; Biden said he understood, but continued to make them."

Understanding that what you are saying does not "represent a truthful recollection" of the past means you are lying and you know it! Continuing
    to make such statements means you are continuing to lie.

Don't like Wikipedia? Here are more articles:

https://time.com/5636715/biden-1988-presidential-campaign/

"The 'final blow' for the campaign came when Newsweek unearthed C-SPAN footage of Biden rattling off his academic accomplishments, including saying that he graduated in the top half of his law school, when in fact, he ranked 76th out of 85."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-biden-plagiarism/

Claim:
    "Then-U.S. Sen. Joe Biden withdrew from the 1988 presidential race after admitting to plagiarism and exaggeration of his academic record. "

Rating: TRUE

https://www.businessinsider.com/plagiarism-scandal-joe-biden-first-presidential -run-1988-2019-3?op=1

"During an event at the Iowa State Fair, Biden mimicked entire portions of Kinnock's speech from earlier in the year. At one moment, Biden repeated the line that he was the first 'in a thousand generations' to graduate from college. Biden would later acknowledge that he in fact did have relatives who attended college, directly contrasting the Kinnock lines. "

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/10/archives-joe-biden
    -bows-out-1988-presidential-race/1693466001/

"His misstatements ranged from an exaggeration of his academic credentials at
    n
    April 3 campaign stop in New Hampshire to his failure to credit Robert F. Kennedy and Hubert H. Humphrey while quoting them in speeches earlier this
    ear.

"Perhaps most damaging, tapes of Biden quoting British Labor Party leader Neil Kinnock almost verbatim received wide play on network news shows. It appeared Biden was attempting to claim Kinnock's life history as his own."

Claiming someone else's life history as your own is lying.

By your previously stated logic, once a liar, always a liar, so Joe Biden
    is indeed a liar.

* SLMR 2.1a * "My eyeballs nearly popped out!"
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Mike Powell on Fri May 26 12:23:22 2023
    Joe Biden is no saint, but he is not a liar.

Sorry, he is. Go back and read about why he had to drop his 1988 Presidential campaign. He told lies, and the network newspeople of the
    time would not let him get away with it. Specifically, he told a fake
    story about his own past that was actually a story he stole from another person. He also lied about his academic past. He knew he was telling fibs because his aides told him so, but he continue to do it.

I have read about it, many years ago. He never lied, he may have plagarized someone else's writing but he didn't lie.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to ALAN IANSON on Mon May 29 09:48:00 2023
    Sorry, he is. Go back and read about why he had to drop his 1988 Presidential campaign. He told lies, and the network newspeople of the time would not let him get away with it. Specifically, he told a fake story about his own past that was actually a story he stole from another person. He also lied about his academic past. He knew he was telling fibs because his aides told him so, but he continue to do it.

I have read about it, many years ago. He never lied, he may have plagarized so
    one else's writing but he didn't lie.

He did not just plagarize it, he told it as if it was part of his own life story. That is a lie. He also said he graduated in the top half of his
    class, which was another lie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_1988_presidential_campaign

"[W]hile political speeches often appropriate ideas and language from each other, Biden's use came under more scrutiny because he fabricated aspects
    of his own family's background in order to match Kinnock's.

"[Biden] inaccurately said that he had graduated in the 'top half' of his
    class [...] and had received three degrees in college. In fact, he had earned
    a single B.A. with a double major in history and political science, [...]
    and had graduated 76th out of 85 in his law school class."

I am not too surprised that you cannot figure out that 76 out of 85 is no
    where near the "top half," but most anyone else here likely can.

* SLMR 2.1a * ....we came in?
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Mike Powell on Mon May 29 11:39:58 2023
    I am not too surprised that you cannot figure out that 76 out of 85 is no where near the "top half," but most anyone else here likely can.

It just doesn't matter. Joe plagarized someones writing. If you like we'll say he lied.

Let's look at Donald Trumps writing, the art of the deal that was brought up recently. Oh, right. Donald Trump didn't write it!

Not all lies are created equal.

Joe Biden never told a lie along the lines of "Frankly, we did win this election." before the results were in and there are so many more..

https://youtu.be/pqF30Pk8jiU

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)