• Blunt says that Trump...

From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to ALL on Mon Aug 29 10:57:00 2022
    Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt conceded on Sunday that Donald Trump should have returned the documents he took after leaving office, which led to the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago

https://abcn.ws/3Kr1sap

He also questions the timing of the search and why the FBI waited until
    right before the midterms when the issue has been ongoing for over two
    years now. Pretty sure I know the answer to that question...

He also discusses the fact that many of us will soon have student loan
    debt that we did not have before.

* SLMR 2.1a * "!Beavis! ?Donde esta su hall pass?"
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Mon Aug 29 10:38:03 2022
    On 29 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt conceded on Sunday that Donald Trump should have returned the documents he took after leaving office, which led to the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago
    He also questions the timing of the search and why the FBI waited until right before the midterms when the issue has been ongoing for over two years now. Pretty sure I know the answer to that question...

Do you, though? When considering how long the FBI waited, have you also considered how long they *didn't* wait? Have you considered that the search
    of Mar-a-Lago would have been much more politically effective as an "October surprise?" The issue has been going on for two years now, but that's
    irrelevant to the timing of the execution of the search warrant. The
    government spent time trying to negotiate with Trump for the return of the documents (all of them), and then a subpoena was issued in the spring of
    2022. Failure to respond to the subpoena brought a visit by federal agents in Jnue of 2022 when some, but not all, of the documents were retrieved.

Trump had an opportunity two months before the search warrant was executed to return all of the documents. And you think it was the FBI stretching out the timeline? It was all Trump.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Mon Aug 29 16:18:50 2022
    On 29 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    He also questions the timing of the search and why the FBI waited until right before the midterms when the issue has been ongoing for over two years now. Pretty sure I know the answer to that question...

Hmm. Who would do such a thing? Oh, wait...

"So now it comes out, conclusively, that the FBI BURIED THE HUNTER BIDEN
    LAPTOP STORY BEFORE THE ELECTION knowing that, if they didn't, 'Trump
    would have easily won the 2020 Presidential Election.'" -- Donald Trump

1. The allegation that the FBI buried the Hunter Biden laptop story comes
    from the misinformation that the FBI told Facebook to limit the reach of the story. In fact, Facebook independently made that decision because of similarities it bore to known Russian disinformation.

2. Trump was clearly counting on the FBI investigation of the Hunter Biden laptop story to help him in winning the election, since he claims that "burying" it kept him from winning. And this, ironically, is exactly what
    he's accusing the FBI and Democrats of doing with regard to the 2022
    mid-terms. Do I detect a double standard?

3. Trump could have short-circuited this whole thing 2 months ago by
    complying with NARA requests to return all documents that Trump shouldn't
    have had. In failing to do so, Trump brought the FBI search on himself.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Wed Aug 31 17:00:00 2022

Do you, though? When considering how long the FBI waited, have you also considered how long they *didn't* wait? Have you considered that the search of Mar-a-Lago would have been much more politically effective as an "October surprise?" The issue has been going on for two years now, but that's irrelevant to the timing of the execution of the search warrant. The government spent time trying to negotiate with Trump for the return of the documents (all of them), and then a subpoena was issued in the spring of 2022. Failure to respond to the subpoena brought a visit by federal agents in Jnue of 2022 when some, but not all, of the documents were retrieved.

Trump had an opportunity two months before the search warrant was executed to return all of the documents. And you think it was the FBI stretching out the timeline? It was all Trump.

For the last two months, yes, it was Trump, but two months <> two years.

They timed it now because the Democrats were going to need help for their midterms, and effective help was not going to come from Biden. My guess is that otherwise they'd have indeed saved it for an October surprise.

* SLMR 2.1a * Spelling is a sober man's game
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Wed Aug 31 20:04:11 2022
    On 31 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    He also questions the timing of the search and why the FBI waited u right before the midterms when the issue has been ongoing for over years now. Pretty sure I know the answer to that question...
    Do you, though? When considering how long the FBI waited, have you also considered how long they *didn't* wait? Have you considered that the sea of Mar-a-Lago would have been much more politically effective as an "Oct surprise?" The issue has been going on for two years now, but that's irrelevant to the timing of the execution of the search warrant. The government spent time trying to negotiate with Trump for the return of t documents (all of them), and then a subpoena was issued in the spring of 2022. Failure to respond to the subpoena brought a visit by federal agen Jnue of 2022 when some, but not all, of the documents were retrieved. Trump had an opportunity two months before the search warrant was execut return all of the documents. And you think it was the FBI stretching out timeline? It was all Trump.
    For the last two months, yes, it was Trump, but two months <> two years.

Trump has been leading, and misleading, the National Archives along for some time. He's had at least three opportunities to turn everything over and did not.

They timed it now because the Democrats were going to need help for their midterms, and effective help was not going to come from Biden. My guess is that otherwise they'd have indeed saved it for an October surprise.

That makes no sense. "October surprises" can happen in the midterms, too. You are baselessly accusing the FBI of waiting two months in order for it to be closer to the midterms, based on the assumption that the closer such news is
    to the midterms is, the more damaging it is. Well, they could have waited
    four months, couldn't they have? But they didn't.

And now the DOJ is saying that there won't be any indictments before the midterm elections, which kind of pops your whole balloon.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Thu Sep 1 16:48:30 2022
    On 01 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Trump has been leading, and misleading, the National Archives along for time. He's had at least three opportunities to turn everything over and not.
    Yes, and the government has had a couple of years to get tired of this
    and accelerate their efforts, but waited until now. Trump does not control them.

He had plenty of opportunities to avoid this. The longer they gave him, the more opportunites he had. He could have turned the stuff over at any time. He didn't. They do not control Trump.

They timed it now because the Democrats were going to need help for their
    midterms, and effective help was not going to come from Biden. My is that otherwise they'd have indeed saved it for an October surpri
    That makes no sense. "October surprises" can happen in the midterms, too are baselessly accusing the FBI of waiting two months in order for it to closer to the midterms, based on the assumption that the closer such new to the midterms is, the more damaging it is. Well, they could have waite four months, couldn't they have? But they didn't.
    No, I am accusing them of waiting for two years, which I admit assumes they are smart enough to figure out that sensitive documents are even missing. You are the one that keeps bringing up "two months."

Trump had two years to turn over the documents. He didn't. Why not?

If they were that sensitive, and the FBI knew that Trump removed them, they should have been after them. If we are to believe the narrative
    that Trump is irresponsible with the documents, who knows who could have seen them during those two years.

Indeed. The government was given false assurances by Trump and his lawyers
    that all of the documents had been turned over, which probably delayed
    things. Additionally, he was given ample time to turn over all of the documents. He didn't.

At my current job, I have access to sensitive data. If I even suspect that there is a breach, if I wait two years... or, to suit you, even two months... to do anything about it I am likely going to federal prison if it turns out there was a breach and I did nothing about it.

Same. And the same if I'm found to be the originator of that breach.

And now the DOJ is saying that there won't be any indictments before the midterm elections, which kind of pops your whole balloon.
    He is not indicted, but you already think he is guilty, right?

Of course. He's admitted as much. At first he tried to say that the FBI
    planted the documents, but then when the DOJ submitted photographs of the documents laid out on the floor, Trump claimed that he didn't keep them on
    the floor like that; he kept them in crates. Oops!

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Thu Sep 1 17:03:00 2022
    Trump has been leading, and misleading, the National Archives along for some time. He's had at least three opportunities to turn everything over and did not.

Yes, and the government has had a couple of years to get tired of this and accelerate their efforts, but waited until now. Trump does not control
    them.

They timed it now because the Democrats were going to need help for their
    midterms, and effective help was not going to come from Biden. My guess is that otherwise they'd have indeed saved it for an October surprise.

That makes no sense. "October surprises" can happen in the midterms, too. You are baselessly accusing the FBI of waiting two months in order for it to be closer to the midterms, based on the assumption that the closer such news is to the midterms is, the more damaging it is. Well, they could have waited four months, couldn't they have? But they didn't.

No, I am accusing them of waiting for two years, which I admit assumes they are smart enough to figure out that sensitive documents are even missing. You are the one that keeps bringing up "two months."

If they were that sensitive, and the FBI knew that Trump removed them, they should have been after them. If we are to believe the narrative that Trump
    is irresponsible with the documents, who knows who could have seen them
    during those two years.

At my current job, I have access to sensitive data. If I even suspect that there is a breach, if I wait two years... or, to suit you, even two
    months... to do anything about it I am likely going to federal prison if it turns out there was a breach and I did nothing about it.

* SLMR 2.1a * Got my tie caught in the fax... Suddenly I was in L.A.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Rebecca Marie@1:124/5016 to Jeff Thiele on Thu Sep 1 17:08:00 2022
    Jeff Thiele said to Mike Powell: <=-

3. Trump could have short-circuited this whole thing 2 months ago by complying with NARA requests to return all documents that Trump
    shouldn't have had. In failing to do so, Trump brought the FBI search on himself.

And he could've made the entire thing unnecessary if he had done as past presidents before him and not taken top secret docs with him when he left
    the White House. I don't know what it is about having those Secret docs,
    but he seems willing to fight to keep them. Does he think that they have secrets to the Lost Ark or something?

-- Bex <3
    "Learn to use ten minutes intelligently. It will pay you huge dividends."
    - William A. Irwin
    -*- ASTG 1.8

* Q-Blue 2.4 *
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Fri Sep 2 15:33:00 2022
    On 01 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Trump has been leading, and misleading, the National Archives along for
    time. He's had at least three opportunities to turn everything over and
    not.
    Yes, and the government has had a couple of years to get tired of this and accelerate their efforts, but waited until now. Trump does not control them.

He had plenty of opportunities to avoid this. The longer they gave him, the more opportunites he had. He could have turned the stuff over at any time. He didn't. They do not control Trump.

But they do control when they react. Trump could have turned them over,
    and the fact that he didn't turn them over a long time ago should have made
    it obvious to Archives, the DOJ, and the FBI that he was not going to.

Then again, this is the same FBI who tracks potentially dangerous persons
    but then does nothing until they've actually shot up a bunch of people.

If they were that sensitive, and the FBI knew that Trump removed them, they should have been after them. If we are to believe the narrative that Trump is irresponsible with the documents, who knows who could have seen them during those two years.

Indeed. The government was given false assurances by Trump and his lawyers that all of the documents had been turned over, which probably delayed things. Additionally, he was given ample time to turn over all of the documents. He didn't.

He was given more than ample time... too much time.

At my current job, I have access to sensitive data. If I even suspect that there is a breach, if I wait two years... or, to suit you, even two months... to do anything about it I am likely going to federal prison if it turns out there was a breach and I did nothing about it.

So, do you think they'd wait two years to come after you if they knew about
    it? No, because waiting that two years for *you* to "give yourself up" or return the documents would not produce any political result.

I *know* they'd not wait two years to see if I can be trusted to do the
    right thing or not.

And now the DOJ is saying that there won't be any indictments before th
    midterm elections, which kind of pops your whole balloon.

Of course. He's admitted as much. At first he tried to say that the FBI planted the documents, but then when the DOJ submitted photographs of the documents laid out on the floor, Trump claimed that he didn't keep them on the floor like that; he kept them in crates. Oops!

OK, so what was your point regarding indictments before the midterms?

* SLMR 2.1a * Unable to locate Coffee -- Operator Halted!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to REBECCA MARIE on Fri Sep 2 15:42:00 2022
    Jeff Thiele said to Mike Powell: <=-

3. Trump could have short-circuited this whole thing 2 months ago by complying with NARA requests to return all documents that Trump
    shouldn't have had. In failing to do so, Trump brought the FBI search on himself.

And he could've made the entire thing unnecessary if he had done as past presidents before him and not taken top secret docs with him when he left
    the White House. I don't know what it is about having those Secret docs,
    but he seems willing to fight to keep them. Does he think that they have secrets to the Lost Ark or something?

Neither party involved in this conversation has disputed that he should not have taken them. I think it is really weird considering how often he
    talked about Hillary's carelessness with government emails.

* SLMR 2.1a * Back Up My Hard Drive? I Can't Find The Reverse Switch!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Fri Sep 2 15:35:35 2022
    On 02 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Yes, and the government has had a couple of years to get tired of t and accelerate their efforts, but waited until now. Trump does not control them.
    He had plenty of opportunities to avoid this. The longer they gave him, more opportunites he had. He could have turned the stuff over at any tim didn't. They do not control Trump.
    But they do control when they react. Trump could have turned them over, and the fact that he didn't turn them over a long time ago should have made it obvious to Archives, the DOJ, and the FBI that he was not going to.

Perhaps they took siezing things from a former president very seriously.

Then again, this is the same FBI who tracks potentially dangerous persons but then does nothing until they've actually shot up a bunch of people.

"Potentially dangerous?" What can they do if no crime has been committed? Do you think that the government should be able to arrest "potentially
    dangerous" people?

If they were that sensitive, and the FBI knew that Trump removed th they should have been after them. If we are to believe the narrati that Trump is irresponsible with the documents, who knows who could seen them during those two years.
    Indeed. The government was given false assurances by Trump and his lawye that all of the documents had been turned over, which probably delayed things. Additionally, he was given ample time to turn over all of the documents. He didn't.

That's subjective.

At my current job, I have access to sensitive data. If I even susp that there is a breach, if I wait two years... or, to suit you, eve months... to do anything about it I am likely going to federal pris it turns out there was a breach and I did nothing about it.
    So, do you think they'd wait two years to come after you if they knew about it? No, because waiting that two years for *you* to "give
    yourself up" or return the documents would not produce any political result.

I'm not an ex-president with a lot of lawyers.

I *know* they'd not wait two years to see if I can be trusted to do the right thing or not.

You're not an ex-president with a lot of lawyers, either.

And now the DOJ is saying that there won't be any indictments bef th
    midterm elections, which kind of pops your whole balloon.
    Of course. He's admitted as much. At first he tried to say that the FBI planted the documents, but then when the DOJ submitted photographs of th documents laid out on the floor, Trump claimed that he didn't keep them the floor like that; he kept them in crates. Oops!
    OK, so what was your point regarding indictments before the midterms?

My point was that indictments before the midterms would be politically advantageous for Democrats, would it not? And yet, they are ruling that out.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Rebecca Marie on Fri Sep 2 15:56:35 2022
    On 01 Sep 2022, Rebecca Marie said the following...
    3. Trump could have short-circuited this whole thing 2 months ago by complying with NARA requests to return all documents that Trump shouldn't have had. In failing to do so, Trump brought the FBI search himself.
    And he could've made the entire thing unnecessary if he had done as past presidents before him and not taken top secret docs with him when he left the White House.

Quite true.

I don't know what it is about having those Secret docs,

I don't, either. But he must've thought they'd provide him with some benefit.

Jeff.

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Rebecca Marie on Sat Sep 3 06:32:58 2022
    the White House. I don't know what it is about having those Secret docs, but he seems willing to fight to keep them. Does he think that they have secrets to the Lost Ark or something?

Well, what really should scare every US citizen is not so much about the documents recovered, but what as not.

The last search warrant resulted in:

43 *empty* folders with "CLASSIFIED" banners
    28 *empty* folders labelled "Return to Staff Secretary/Military Aide"

Can you imagine the damage to the US national security, if those documents have been handed over/sold to any of the Kims or Putins of this world?

--
    United we are strong, we win. Divided we are weak, we lose.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sat Sep 3 09:59:00 2022
    At my current job, I have access to sensitive data. If I even sus
    that there is a breach, if I wait two years... or, to suit you, ev
    months... to do anything about it I am likely going to federal pri
    it turns out there was a breach and I did nothing about it.
    So, do you think they'd wait two years to come after you if they knew about it? No, because waiting that two years for *you* to "give yourself up" or return the documents would not produce any political result.

And waiting two years makes those lawyers go away, and doesn't give them
    more time to build a defense?

* SLMR 2.1a * Uncontained entropy experiment gone crazy.......maybe.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sat Sep 3 10:32:23 2022
    On 03 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    And waiting two years makes those lawyers go away, and doesn't give them more time to build a defense?

The lawyers provided obstruction. The government didn't ignore the problem
    for two years; they were talking to Trump's lawyers and requesting the documents be returned, with intensifying levels of pressure.

Jeff.

• From Rebecca Marie@1:124/5016 to Jeff Thiele on Fri Sep 9 12:06:00 2022
    Jeff Thiele wrote to Rebecca Marie <=-

Maybe so, but that seems like a lot of forethought, and I don't think that Trump does much of that. If I were forced to make a guess, I'd guess he
    never even stopped to look at what records he had, he just wanted to grab "stuff" that he could leave with and look through at a different time.

-+- Brightening your day. -Bex <3

... *Bender: Curse my natural showmanship!
    === MultiMail/Linux v0.49
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Rebecca Marie@1:124/5016 to Björn Felten on Fri Sep 9 12:14:00 2022
    Bj”rn Felten wrote to Rebecca Marie <=-

43 *empty* folders with "CLASSIFIED" banners
    28 *empty* folders labelled "Return to Staff Secretary/Military
    Aide"

Can you imagine the damage to the US national security, if those documents have been handed over/sold to any of the Kims or Putins of
    this world?

I truly do not want to even consider that possibility, because I'd like to
    get some sleep tonight. From Trump's history, though, I would wager that
    he shredded the contents of those folders and never considered that he
    should shred the folders, too.

... *"Aren't YOU going to say that it's bigger on the inside than it is on%the o
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Rebecca Marie@1:124/5016 to Mike Powell on Fri Sep 9 14:41:00 2022
    Mike Powell wrote to JEFF THIELE <=-

But they do control when they react. Trump could have turned them
    over, and the fact that he didn't turn them over a long time ago should have made it obvious to Archives, the DOJ, and the FBI that he was not

The factor that you keep apparently refusing to take into account is that
    we're talking about a former President of the United States. This isn't
    like Harry in accounting having a document. The FBI would've knocked down Harry's door the next day. But before you level any charges against a
    former President, you have to make sure you have all your Is dotted, your
    Ts crossed, and you have a *ton* of evidence.

Then again, this is the same FBI who tracks potentially dangerous
    persons but then does nothing until they've actually shot up a bunch of people.

I am not certain that you know how law enforcement or the justice
    department operates...

things. Additionally, he was given ample time to turn over all of the documents. He didn't.

You are exactly right with that statement, but not for the reason you
    think.

about it? No, because waiting that two years for *you* to "give
    yourself up" or return the documents would not produce any political result.

I *know* they'd not wait two years to see if I can be trusted to do the right thing or not.

No offense Mike, but you are *not* a former President of the United States. Presidents live in a completely different world than we do, and they have
    their own sets of rules, written and unwritten. You can't compare what
    would happen to a President against what would happen to Joe Blow (or Mike Powell <grin>)

If you get to the point where you have a Secret Service detail, then you
    might have more info to shed on this situation.

... "you can't spell dishonorable without honorable"%- Homer J. Simpson
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Rebecca Marie@1:124/5016 to Mike Powell on Fri Sep 9 15:15:00 2022

And waiting two years makes those lawyers go away, and doesn't give
    them more time to build a defense?

*sigh*

Mike, your continued flogging this dead horse saddens me. :(

... *"Oh good! My dog found the chainsaw!"%- Lilo, "Lilo & Stitch"
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to REBECCA MARIE on Sat Sep 10 10:13:00 2022

But they do control when they react. Trump could have turned them
    over, and the fact that he didn't turn them over a long time ago should have made it obvious to Archives, the DOJ, and the FBI that he was not

The factor that you keep apparently refusing to take into account is that we're talking about a former President of the United States. This isn't
    like Harry in accounting having a document. The FBI would've knocked down Harry's door the next day. But before you level any charges against a

They knew he had them. He did not deny having them. He was not turning
    them over as required. What other evidence did they need?

Then again, this is the same FBI who tracks potentially dangerous persons but then does nothing until they've actually shot up a bunch of people.

department operates...

If they have committed illegal acts that get them labeled as potentially dangerous, then why are they still out and about? If they haven't done anything illegal, keeping in mind that threats of violence are illegal, why
    are they considered dangerous?

* SLMR 2.1a * I forget the dream, but I'm missing a pajama button...
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to REBECCA MARIE on Sat Sep 10 09:52:00 2022

And waiting two years makes those lawyers go away, and doesn't give
    them more time to build a defense?

*sigh*

Your continued joining of discussions after they've ended saddens me. :(

* SLMR 2.1a * This message written with recycled electrons.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Rebecca Marie on Wed Sep 14 08:34:21 2022
    On 09 Sep 2022, Rebecca Marie said the following...

but he seems willing to fight to keep them. Does he think that they h secrets to the Lost Ark or something?
    Maybe so, but that seems like a lot of forethought, and I don't think
    that Trump does much of that. If I were forced to make a guess, I'd
    guess he never even stopped to look at what records he had, he just
    wanted to grab "stuff" that he could leave with and look through at a different time.

Perhaps, or maybe he was stashing away collateral that he could use later.

Jeff.

• From Rebecca Marie@1:124/5016 to Mike Powell on Tue Sep 13 14:28:00 2022
    Mike Powell wrote to REBECCA MARIE <=-

But they do control when they react. Trump could have turned them over, and the fact that he didn't turn them over a long time ago should have made it obvious to Archives, the DOJ, and the FBI that he was not

The factor that you keep apparently refusing to take into account is that we're talking about a former President of the United States. This isn't

They knew he had them. He did not deny having them. He was not
    turning them over as required. What other evidence did they need?

I missed an assumption that you made in your message I replied to: "the
    fact that he didn't turn them over a long time ago should have made it obvious... that he was not [going to turn them over]." You know what
    happens when one assumes, right? When law enforcement assume something,
    it's not just the same thing, but can be tank an entire investigation.

Like I said before, Law & Order are going to make sure that they have
    evidence to back up everything, because with a former President,
    assumptions are simply not allowed.

department operates...

If they have committed illegal acts that get them labeled as
    potentially dangerous, then why are they still out and about? If they haven't done anything illegal, keeping in mind that threats of violence are illegal, why are they considered dangerous?

Don't forget that a person is not guilty until proven otherwise. If the FBI
    or other law enforcement agencies don't have proof that a person is
    committing a crime, should the LEA be allowed to detain that person? If a person IS arrested and makes bail, should the LEA still be able to detain
    them? If the person / people have never made any kind of threat, can an LEA
    say "I still thnk they are a threat, I'm arresting him."

Presumption of innocence (or at least not guilty). It's the law of the
    land, dude.

Mind you, I am not a person who thinks that law enforcement is infallible.
    I'm actually quite critical of law enforcement in general. Ditto our
    justice system.

... *Doctor: Well, yes, it's quite close, isn't it? Oh you'll soon get%used to i
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Rebecca Marie@1:124/5016 to Mike Powell on Tue Sep 13 14:29:00 2022
    Mike Powell wrote to REBECCA MARIE <=-

And waiting two years makes those lawyers go away, and doesn't give them more time to build a defense?

*sigh*

Your continued joining of discussions after they've ended saddens me.
    :(

They're new discussions to me! :)

... "He can keep the VCR. It's only muh-uh-oney."%- Bill Murray, "Scrooged"
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Wed Sep 14 18:51:30 2022
    On 14 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Maybe so, but that seems like a lot of forethought, and I don't thi that Trump does much of that. If I were forced to make a guess, I'd guess he never even stopped to look at what records he had, he just wanted to grab "stuff" that he could leave with and look through at different time.
    Perhaps, or maybe he was stashing away collateral that he could use lat
    But, but, but none of his supposed "enemies" ever do anything bad. Only Trump does bad things, so who would he be using this collateral against?

The US. That's whose secrets he had, and possibly still has.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Wed Sep 14 18:52:00 2022
    Maybe so, but that seems like a lot of forethought, and I don't think that Trump does much of that. If I were forced to make a guess, I'd guess he never even stopped to look at what records he had, he just wanted to grab "stuff" that he could leave with and look through at a different time.

Perhaps, or maybe he was stashing away collateral that he could use later.

But, but, but none of his supposed "enemies" ever do anything bad. Only
    Trump does bad things, so who would he be using this collateral against?

* SLMR 2.1a * Op'ti-mism n. 1. A Yugo with a trailer hitch
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sat Sep 17 00:15:12 2022
    Maybe so, but that seems like a lot of forethought, and I don't thi that Trump does much of that. If I were forced to make a guess, I'd guess he never even stopped to look at what records he had, he just wanted to grab "stuff" that he could leave with and look through at different time.
    Perhaps, or maybe he was stashing away collateral that he could use late
    But, but, but none of his supposed "enemies" ever do anything bad. Only Trump does bad things, so who would he be using this collateral against?

Are you double-posting?

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sat Sep 17 09:51:00 2022
    Maybe so, but that seems like a lot of forethought, and I don't th
    that Trump does much of that. If I were forced to make a guess, I'
    guess he never even stopped to look at what records he had, he jus
    wanted to grab "stuff" that he could leave with and look through a
    different time.
    Perhaps, or maybe he was stashing away collateral that he could use lat

Are you double-posting?

No, but you do seem to be double-answering. :)

I did have a server HD issue mid-week, so it is possible that Synchronet thought that some messages were not echoed yet. Since the ftn processing
    is on the local machine, I would not have expected that to be the case but
    it is possible.

* SLMR 2.1a * Socrates: "I drank WHAT?!"
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sat Sep 17 10:18:53 2022
    On 17 Sep 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Are you double-posting?
    No, but you do seem to be double-answering. :)

True. Or more like 1.5x-answering since it took me a message to figure it
    out. :)

I did have a server HD issue mid-week, so it is possible that Synchronet thought that some messages were not echoed yet. Since the ftn processing is on the local machine, I would not have expected that to be the case
    but it is possible.

Or something could have happened anywhere in-between. My question meant to
    be more of a "hey, wait a minute, what's going on here?" than a direct accusation.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sun Sep 18 09:53:00 2022
    I did have a server HD issue mid-week, so it is possible that Synchronet thought that some messages were not echoed yet. Since the ftn processing
    is on the local machine, I would not have expected that to be the case but it is possible.

Or something could have happened anywhere in-between. My question meant to
    be more of a "hey, wait a minute, what's going on here?" than a direct accusation.

In this particular case, seeing as something did happen on this end, either intention would have been fine. :) I am still trying to sort out one
    non-BBS machine that did not handle the server drive going down too well,
    but it should not affect my echomail.

Oooops!

* SLMR 2.1a * Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux