• "I hate the Lefties, but don't know why."

From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Jul 30 13:47:19 2022
    Leftist plans

Who *are* those "Lefties" and whatever have they done to you, to make you hate them with such a passion?

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Björn Felten on Sat Jul 30 17:14:50 2022
    Leftist plans

Who *are* those "Lefties" and whatever have they done to you, to make you hate them with such a passion?

Democrats, RINOs, Bernie Sanders, the Canadian govt, the media, celebrities, Mexican drug cartels, and world government organizations like NATO are all "lefties."

I can only tell you some of the reasons why I hate them, because otherwise
    this message would be way too long: (An example for each is in parenthesis.)

Democrats: They waste taxpayer money (EV rebates,) they are funded by the same guy who's defunding justice in my country (Soros,) and they manipulate black people (rationing antiviral covid treatment for non-whites first.) Plus they forced experimental vaccines on working Americans.

Rinos: These are undercover Democrats trying to trick conservatives into
    voting for them (Harry Wilson is a former NY gubernatorial candidate.)

Bernie Sanders: Thought he was slick by switching from Democrat to
    Independent, but he can't wash off the odor of slavery and exploitation.

The Canadian Govt: They're forcing experimental covid vaccines on their
    people, at least in Quebec. And not just forcing them on workers like the sleazy Democrats in America, they're forcing them EVERYONE in the province.

The media: They are the worst element of all, because they are brainwashing people into believing stuff that the Democrats want people to believe. "Take the vaccine and you won't get the virus" is one of their BS talking points.

Celebrities: Democrat Andrew Cuomo didn't think New Yorkers would listen to
    him when he told everyone to wear a mask, so he recruited Rosie Perez & Chris Rock to sit there and say "Do what he said!"

Mexican Drug Cartels: This is Amigo #3 of the 3 Amigos: George Soros helped Joe get elected, Joe opened the border to better serve the cartels who bring drugs and humans, George is ready to exploit the humans with his own media
    outlets. Exploiting the people is already a work in progress, but surely the drugs will be exploited by leftists soon. Biden will cut the ribbon at a drug treatment center and that will make all the idiot voters say "oh wow Biden really cares about the drug problem."

NATO and other world government organizations are bad because they serve as money funnels for things that American taxpayers/voters are not aware of, things like "intentional mutation of the SARS virus" and "using hundreds of beagle pups to test it on to see how long it takes for it to kill them all."

Look how calmly I described all that! I didn't have to get snotty or anything. Are ya proud of me? Do you look up to me as a role model? ;)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Aug 5 06:43:06 2022
    Aaron Thomas -> Bj”rn Felten skrev 2022-07-30 19:14:
    Who *are* those "Lefties" and whatever have they done to you, to make
    you hate them with such a passion?

First of all, I apologize for the late reply, but it took some time to realize how stupid a minority of the US population has actually become. People like you.

Democrats, RINOs, Bernie Sanders, the Canadian govt, the media,celebrities,
    Mexican drug cartels, and world government organizations like NATO are all "lefties."

So basically, you guys hate, with a vengeance, the entire world population, except the ten million or so that, like you, has joined the Cult 45 movement?

I can only tell you some of the reasons why I hate them, because otherwise this message would be way too long: (An example for each is in parenthesis.)

Pathetic. My question was: WHATEVER HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?

Democrats: They waste taxpayer money (EV rebates,) they are funded by the same
    guy who's defunding justice in my country (Soros,) and they manipulate black
    people (rationing antiviral covid treatment for non-whites first.) Plus they
    forced experimental vaccines on working Americans.

And you, as usual, don't have the actual laws they put forward to make your life miserable that way?

Rinos: These are undercover Democrats trying to trick conservatives into voting for them (Harry Wilson is a former NY gubernatorial candidate.)

And you, as usual, don't have the actual laws they put forward to make your life miserable that way?

Bernie Sanders: Thought he was slick by switching from Democrat to Independent, but he can't wash off the odor of slavery and exploitation.

Oh! That really must have hurt your life. Ahem... In what way?

The Canadian Govt: They're forcing experimental covid vaccines on their people, at least in Quebec. And not just forcing them on workers like the sleazy Democrats in America, they're forcing them EVERYONE in the province.

Ah yes. What they do in Canada really make your life miserable. Ahem... How?

The media: They are the worst element of all, because they are brainwashing
    people into believing stuff that the Democrats want people to believe. "Take
    the vaccine and you won't get the virus" is one of their BS talking points.

Well, that's actually good. It reduces the amount of MAGA idiots the natural way, increasing the average IQ of the US population -- something in dire need.

Celebrities: Democrat Andrew Cuomo didn't think New Yorkers would listen to
    him when he told everyone to wear a mask, so he recruited Rosie Perez & Chris Rock to sit there and say "Do what he said!"

Oh, that really must have hurt you and your loved ones. How, actually?

Mexican Drug Cartels: This is Amigo #3 of the 3 Amigos: George Soros helped Joe
    get elected, Joe opened the border to better serve the cartels who bring drugs
    and humans, George is ready to exploit the humans with his own media outlets. Exploiting the people is already a work in progress, but surely the
    drugs will be exploited by leftists soon. Biden will cut the ribbon at a drug
    treatment center and that will make all the idiot voters say "oh wow Biden really cares about the drug problem."

LOL! Once again, even if anything of the above *was* true, how does that affect you and your life?

NATO and other world government organizations are bad because they serve as
    money funnels for things that American taxpayers/voters are not aware of, things like "intentional mutation of the SARS virus" and "using hundreds of
    beagle pups to test it on to see how long it takes for it to kill them all."

Oh. My. God. Really?

Look how calmly I described all that! I didn't have to get snotty or anything.

Of course not. All you had to do was parroting what your Cult 45 Messiah has told you.

Are ya proud of me? Do you look up to me as a role model? ;)

I actually feel very sorry for you and all your Cult 45 members. Unless you are one of the 1.9% of the US people earning more than $400k per year, you just swallow whatever you are fed, without critical thinking. Do you, seriously, don't know that you are paying for the ultra rich with what you produce with your limited time on this Earth? Or maybe you don't even produce anything...?

Oh, wait, maybe you don't even know what waste of energy it is to keep hating anyone or anything? Try love (you know, what that Jesus guy tried to tell you) rather than hate and see if you maybe will feel better. And then figure out how those GOP guys of yours have voted on important matters (if you even have any such).

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Björn Felten on Fri Aug 5 12:16:05 2022
    Oh, wait, maybe you don't even know what waste of energy it is to keep hating anyone or anything? Try love (you know, what that Jesus guy tried to tell you) rather than hate and see if you maybe will feel better. And then figure out how those GOP guys of yours have voted on important matters (if you even have any such).

You think I'm a Trump supporter, so you're talking down to me. That's what the media has taught you, and congratulations, you're 1 step closer to having coffee with Rosie Odonnel.

Who *are* those "Lefties" and whatever have they done to you, to mak

I told you what they're doing to everyone, instead of just focusing on what they've done to me personally. All of these things (that leftists do) have affected me personally but it's ridiculous to cry about it to someone who's still sad about Janis.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Aug 7 16:42:11 2022
    Hello Aaron,

[..]

Who *are* those "Lefties" and whatever have they done to you,
    to mak

I told you what they're doing to everyone, instead of just focusing on what
    they've done to me personally. All of these things (that leftists do) have affected me personally but it's ridiculous to cry about it to someone who's
    still sad about Janis.

We are all sad about Janis. Dead at age 27. What a bummer. We are
    also sad about Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Amy Winehouse, and others,
    also dead at age 27. Thank God I survived that age ...

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Show me what democracy looks like! / This is what demcracy looks like!

--- MesNews/1.08.05.00-gb
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Lee Lofaso on Sun Aug 7 15:06:40 2022
    affected me personally but it's ridiculous to cry about it to someone who's
    still sad about Janis.

A terrible folk singer, but a great BBS sysop.

• From Matt Munson@1:218/109 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Aug 7 14:32:53 2022
    BY: Aaron Thomas(1:275/99)

is the real janice still alive?

--- WWIV 5.5.1.3261
    * Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * iutopia.duckdns.org:2023 (1:218/109)
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Aug 8 09:53:47 2022
    Hello Aaron,

Her bluesy voice won her a a grammy, but never collected it as she
    had already left the building. However, her legions of fans continue
    to worship and adore her, including Bobbie McGee and a dog named Boo.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Work sets you free.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Matt Munson on Mon Aug 8 13:57:53 2022

She's alive, but she announced that she was leaving the mom's basement community for good, and then like 10 grown men started arguing about who would inherit moderator duties at "Fidonet Gazette." (The multi-million dollar Fidonet echo which targets the bald middle aged white male community.)

It made a lot of them go insane, and it remains a touchy subject, and I like
    to throw salt on the wounds. ;)

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 10 00:33:51 2022
    Hello Aaron,

She's alive, but she announced that she was leaving the mom's basement community for good, and then like 10 grown men started arguing about who would
    inherit moderator duties at "Fidonet Gazette." (The multi-million dollar Fidonet echo which targets the bald middle aged white male community.)

Since she was the only participant, who was left to inherit the throne
    when she abdicated?

It made a lot of them go insane, and it remains a touchy subject, and I like
    to throw salt on the wounds. ;)

Feel free to claim it as your own, as nobody will contest it.
    But please. Leave your microphone at home.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    If PBS won't do it, who will?

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Matt Munson on Wed Aug 10 00:34:14 2022
    Hello Matt,

Just because she left the building (like Elvis) does not mean
    the two of them have gone off together. Although it is true she
    may have run off with the king of pop ...

For Life,
    Lee

--
    You're fired, Donald!

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Tue Aug 9 16:33:00 2022
    She's alive, but she announced that she was leaving the mom's basement community for good, and then like 10 grown men started arguing about who would
    inherit moderator duties at "Fidonet Gazette." (The multi-million dollar Fidonet echo which targets the bald middle aged white male community.)

It made a lot of them go insane, and it remains a touchy subject, and I like to throw salt on the wounds. ;)

Janis Kracht is back and moderating one or two of her old echos. She very smartly seems to be avoiding any of the sysop or political echoes.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Excellent...excellent..." - Mr. Burns
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Tue Aug 9 23:38:31 2022
    It made a lot of them go insane, and it remains a touchy subject, and I to throw salt on the wounds. ;)

Janis Kracht is back and moderating one or two of her old echos. She
    very smartly seems to be avoiding any of the sysop or political echoes.

I'm glad she's back. She's nice, and her BBS is cool. It's not her fault that she has obsessed fans.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Lee Lofaso on Tue Aug 9 23:45:15 2022
    Fidonet echo which targets the bald middle aged white male community.

Since she was the only participant, who was left to inherit the throne when she abdicated?

It was supposed to be Bjorn (the "perfect country" guy) but instead the tiara is now being worn by my conservative buddy (I think she did that just to make all the basement guys argue and it worked and was funny.)

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 10 16:03:54 2022
    Aaron Thomas -> Bj”rn Felten skrev 2022-08-05 14:16:
    Who *are* those "Lefties" and whatever have they done to you, to make

I told you what they're doing to everyone, instead of just focusing on what
    they've done to me personally.

Absolutely incredible. I was expecting something like this, but not to this degree. Do you really not understand how incredibly stupid that is?

You are wasting energy on hating thousands of millions of people unknown for reasons that you have been brainwashed into thinking that they are doing to thousands of millions of other people unknown. And this does not even have any impact on you personally?

What are you trying to save us poor "Lefties" from, living in countries that by any metric is ranked on top of any list of the best countries to live in, while USA is down on #38 or something like that. Do you really think we would thank you, if we were to degrade to the same corrupt, now fascist striving, country like yours?

All of these things (that leftists do) have
    affected me personally but it's ridiculous to cry about

And yet, A) you can't name a single thing and B) you keep on crying, rather than getting your act together and actually try to find out what your MAGA idiots have done to *prevent* the "Lefties" from giving you a better life? Maybe you could even find some people to love rather than hating the vast majority of the Earth's population for reasons unknown to you?

Don't you have a guy over there, that gave name to one of your prominent religious movements, who preached love and compassion? How does that compute with your vicious hatred and inability to show empathy?

• From Matt Munson@1:218/109 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 10 14:59:14 2022
    BY: Aaron Thomas(1:275/99)

I'm glad she's back. She's nice, and her BBS is cool. It's not her fault that
    she has obsessed fans.
    One guy made a freeware binkp mailer and ended up getting blacklisted by her because his main job was adult entertainment.

--- WWIV 5.5.1.3261
    * Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * iutopia.duckdns.org:2023 (1:218/109)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Björn Felten on Wed Aug 10 16:18:23 2022
    I told you what they're doing to everyone, instead of just focusing o what
    they've done to me personally.

Absolutely incredible. I was expecting something like this, but not
    to this degree. Do you really not understand how incredibly stupid that is?

It sounds stupid to a cold-blooded person probably, because the coldies only care about themselves. Being irritated by something that affects everyone isn't part of the leftist lifestyle.

You are wasting energy on hating thousands of millions of people unknown for reasons that you have been brainwashed into thinking that
    they are doing to thousands of millions of other people unknown. And
    this does not even have any impact on you personally?

Leftist policies hurt everyone, not just me. There's no need for me to get specific because the leftist offenses that have hurt me will sound like white noise to one of their worker drones.

What are you trying to save us poor "Lefties" from, living in
    countries that by any metric is ranked on top of any list of the best countries to live in, while USA is down on #38 or something like that.
    Do you really think we would thank you, if we were to degrade to the
    same corrupt, now fascist striving, country like yours?

You said that I shouldn't complain about leftists, but now you're complaining about my leftists.

And yet, A) you can't name a single thing and B) you keep on crying, rather than getting your act together and actually try to find out what your MAGA idiots have done to *prevent* the "Lefties" from giving you a

I've named a lot of stuff that leftists have done wrong over the past 10 years or more in this echo. You want something specific so you can criticize it?
    Just scroll back and you'll see countless leftist policies that I've
    complained about.

But that makes no sense because you're complaining about my country too; we both dislike it. So why do you want to argue in favor of the leftists who've made it this way?

Don't you have a guy over there, that gave name to one of your prominent religious movements, who preached love and compassion? How
    does that compute with your vicious hatred and inability to show empathy?

You're a very irritable person. You keep calling me a "MAGA idiot," but
    somehow I'm the one who can't show empathy? When I call people "leftist" I don't mean any disrespect to them. I just mean that I recognize their commitment to liberal causes and I'm using what I thought was a friendly
    enough term (leftist.) It sounds better than "liberal dickweed."

• From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Björn Felten on Sat Aug 13 10:21:59 2022
    On 10 Aug 2022, Bj”rn Felten said the following...

Don't you have a guy over there, that gave name to one of your prominent religious movements, who preached love and compassion? How
    does that compute with your vicious hatred and inability to show empathy?

You are a arrogant piece of Swedish dog shit.
    The population in Sweden is 10.4 million compared the U.S. 331 million.
    "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Capital Station BBS * telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Gregory Deyss on Sat Aug 13 16:54:00 2022

I'd rather be that than an arrogant MAGA idiot filled with anti-Christian hatred.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Björn Felten on Sat Aug 13 17:06:29 2022
    I'd rather be that than an arrogant MAGA idiot filled with anti-Christian hatred.

It's the leftists who are anti-faith. They don't like christians meddling with their depopulation agenda, and they want us to idolize celebrities instead of god. They want people to be gay not only so they can manipulate them better, but also because they think it hurts God.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Aug 13 21:53:39 2022
    On 13 Aug 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    It's the leftists who are anti-faith. They don't like christians
    meddling with their depopulation agenda, and they want us to idolize celebrities instead of god. They want people to be gay not only so they can manipulate them better, but also because they think it hurts God.

Not true. "Leftists" want everyone to be able to independently practice their own religion, or lack thereof. "Rightists" want everyone to conform to their particular religious beliefs and emphasize this by trying to get their religious beliefs passed into law. The American religious right has a lot
    more in common with Al Qaeda and the Taliban than they'd like to admit.

Also, someone who doesn't believe in God wouldn't try to hurt a God that they don't believe exists. To believe otherwise is nonsensical.

Jeff.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Aug 14 07:46:04 2022
    Aaron Thomas -> Bj”rn Felten skrev 2022-08-13 19:06:
    I'd rather be that than an arrogant MAGA idiot filled with
    anti-Christian hatred.

It's the leftists who are anti-faith. They don't like christians meddling with
    their depopulation agenda, and they want us to idolize celebrities instead of
    god. They want people to be gay not only so they can manipulate them better,
    but also because they think it hurts God.

You *do* know why it's called Christian, don't you? It's named after Christ, AKA Jesus.

Nothing that you mention has ever been mentioned by Jesus, at least not as far as it's documented in the Bible.

Jesus Said: "Feed the hungry."
    Never said: "... but only if they have papers."

Jesus Said: "Clothe the naked."
    Never said: "... but only if they're from your own country."

Jesus Said: "Help the poor."
    Never said: "... but only if there's something in it for you."

Jesus Said: "Love your neighbour."
    Never said: "... but only if they look like you."

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Björn Felten on Sun Aug 14 01:21:36 2022
    On 14 Aug 2022, Bj”rn Felten said the following...
    It's the leftists who are anti-faith. They don't like christians medd with
    their depopulation agenda, and they want us to idolize celebrities in of
    god. They want people to be gay not only so they can manipulate them better,
    but also because they think it hurts God.
    You *do* know why it's called Christian, don't you? It's named after Christ, AKA Jesus.
    Nothing that you mention has ever been mentioned by Jesus, at least
    not as far as it's documented in the Bible.

"You can safely assume that you've created God in you own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." -- Anne Lamott

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Sun Aug 14 03:39:34 2022
    It's the leftists who are anti-faith. They don't like christians meddling with their depopulation agenda, and they want us to idolize celebrities instead of god. They want people to be gay not only so th can manipulate them better, but also because they think it hurts God.

Not true. "Leftists" want everyone to be able to independently practice their own religion, or lack thereof. "Rightists" want everyone to
    conform to their particular religious beliefs and emphasize this by
    trying to get their religious beliefs passed into law. The American religious right has a lot more in common with Al Qaeda and the Taliban than they'd like to admit.

Also, someone who doesn't believe in God wouldn't try to hurt a God that they don't believe exists. To believe otherwise is nonsensical.

That's a good point. But we're both generalizing a lot in this conversation.

Some leftists attack god by protesting for abortion rights, while others are just doing it because it's what they're programmed to do.

"Joseph Kennedy lost his job as a high school football coach because he knelt at midfield after games to offer a quiet prayer of thanks." (programming)

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Aug 14 08:45:28 2022
    On 14 Aug 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    That's a good point. But we're both generalizing a lot in this conversation.
    Some leftists attack god by protesting for abortion rights, while others are just doing it because it's what they're programmed to do.

I disagree. If I believe in a mystic, all-powerful pangolin named Eugene who
    is generally benevolent except when someone eats a breakfast taco, is it safe to assume that if I see you eating a breakfast taco, you're doing it to hurt Eugene and, by extension, me?

"Joseph Kennedy lost his job as a high school football coach because he knelt at midfield after games to offer a quiet prayer of thanks." (programming)

There is photographic evidence that Kennedy's actions were not limited to "a quiet prayer of thanks," as Justice Sotomayor pointed out in her dissent.

Jeff.

• From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Björn Felten on Sun Aug 14 10:33:49 2022
    On 13 Aug 2022, Bj”rn Felten said the following...

Has it ever occurred to you why I support MAGA? Have you seen (from a far) how much of a clusterf*ck the Biden Administration is. Joe Biden has stuck his foot in his own mouth more times than any U.S. President before him - combined.
    When his VP speaks it is nothing more then word-salad. Biden policies suck for America. Bleeds for hordes of invaders violating U.S. sovereignty as it is being completely ignored, and there is more.
    https://tinyurl.com/4btzaxs3

What is the basis of the evidence that you have as you refer to me as anti-Christian or having hated for Christian values?

Every single person who understands and supports the MAGA movement also believes to the strongest degree of the Christian Values because these are the bedrock principles of the MAGA movement.

Due to your lack of understanding or not having any such ability to be
    correct. This is called ignorance, Dunce.

• From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Jeff Thiele on Sun Aug 14 10:54:33 2022

You seem to want to glamorize these cockroaches, I do not.

Source: https://classroom.synonym.com/

Lesson 1

Emphasis on Military Jihad
    Surah 22, verse 78 commands Muslims to "strive for Allah." The Arabic word
    for strive or struggle is jihad, and this sacred concept takes many forms:
    the struggle within oneself to do what is right, the struggle for a just society and armed struggle. Al Qaeda prefers armed struggle, and its armed struggle is against the West, secularism, Shiism, moderate Muslims and
    anything that threatens their vision of a worldwide Islamic state.

Belief in Sharia Law
    Al Qaeda is not interested in any laws made by human beings. The perfect law, God's law, is present in the Quran and the hadith the sayings and deeds of Muhammad and should be applied to all things. Al Qaeda not only desires the Sharia to be applied everywhere, but it also seeks to free it of non-Islamic influences. Political documents such as the United Nations' "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights," for example, are considered worthless because they are not divine in origin.

Salafist Jihadism
    French political scientist Gilles Kepel coined the phrase "Salafist Jihadism" to describe Al Qaeda and similar militants. According to the Frontline
    website, Salafism is defined as "an ideology that posits that Islam has
    strayed from its origins." Al Qaeda adds militant jihad to the belief of Salafism, creating an armed struggle to regain the pure roots of Islam. Salafism is closely tied to, and sometimes interchangeable with, Wahabbism,
    the puritanical Islamic movement that is dominant in Saudi Arabia.

Spiritual Fathers: The Kharijites
    The greatest ancient influence on Al Qaeda is the Kharijites, an extremist group that arose in the late seventh century. The Kharijites rejected the authority of Uthman, the third caliph, and decreed it was moral to kill him because he was an illegitimate ruler. The Kharijites also declared that
    anyone who sinned a sin meant disagreeing with the Kharijites' interpretation of Islam was a "kufr," or non-believer, and could legally be killed.

Spiritual Father: Sayyib Qutb
    Sayyid Qutb was an Islamic scholar and philosopher in the 20th century, and
    he is known for his fierce opposition to colonialism and his desire to
    restore Islam in its pure form. As Al Qaeda expert Lawrence Wright told the
    New Yorker, Qutb divided the world into Islam and Jahaliyya, the Muslim term for the time of ignorance before Muhammad. In Qutb's view, the West was restoring Jahaliyya to the Muslim world. Al Qaeda shares this belief, and
    wants to remove the West from the Islamic world and, preferably, from the Earth.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Aug 14 11:15:28 2022
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Bj”rn Felten <=-

It's the leftists who are anti-faith. They don't like christians
    meddling with their depopulation agenda, and they want us to idolize celebrities instead of god. They want people to be gay not only so they can manipulate them better, but also because they think it hurts God.

I think you scratched the surface of why the Ignorant Elitists hate the Catholic Church (well, religions in general) so much: They are in competition for control of the people.

Neither are trustworthy and just because the religion invokes God doesn't mean they are on God's side and have our best interests at heart.

... You are confused; but this is your normal state.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sun Aug 14 11:15:00 2022
    Not true. "Leftists" want everyone to be able to independently practice their own religion, or lack thereof. "Rightists" want everyone to conform to their particular religious beliefs and emphasize this by trying to get their religious beliefs passed into law. The American religious right has a lot more in common with Al Qaeda and the Taliban than they'd like to admit.

I have known leftists who don't seem to want, or at least to respect,
    anyone's independent practice of Christianity (I am not as sure about other religions). I have met some rightists who do believe as you say. I think
    most people want to be left alone, and to leave others alone, to practice
    their own religion/lack thereof, so long as that practice does not infringe
    on their own right to do so.

I do realize that a rightist is much more likely to object to a lack of religion as they somehow see it as a lack of general moral character. For
    some of them, I suspect it must be their religious belief that stands
    between them and their own lack of moral character (i.e. they believe that
    it is religion alone that keeps them from being morally bankrupt, without
    it they would be morally lost, and apparently they don't have much faith in their own ability to make moral decisions without the filter of their
    religious beliefs).

There are also some religious extremists and, simply by the fact that they
    are that religious, are likely rightist.

I missed quoting Aaron's message, but I do believe he has a point to an extent... that there are some on the left that are vocal about certain
    beliefs simply because they know that persons with religion will strongly object to them, i.e. they can "get their goat" and maybe even knock them
    off balance or make them look stupid by bringing them up.

I agree that they wouldn't be doing this to "hurt God" if they don't
    believe that he exists, but they certainly could/would be doing it to upset
    the religious person(s) in their audience.

Going back to my first sentence, I have met some leftists who, even if they themselves are atheists, tend to favor other regligions over Chritianity.
    What they do not seem to understand is that those religions, in particuar Islam, would object to their same "leftists beliefs" that many Christians do. After all, they are both Abrahamic (sp?) religions.

* SLMR 2.1a * "My eyeballs nearly popped out!"
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Gregory Deyss on Sun Aug 14 10:27:26 2022
    On 14 Aug 2022, Gregory Deyss said the following...
    Also, someone who doesn't believe in God wouldn't try to hurt a God t they don't believe exists. To believe otherwise is nonsensical.
    You seem to want to glamorize these cockroaches, I do not.
    Emphasis on Military Jihad
    Belief in Sharia Law
    Salafist Jihadism
    Spiritual Fathers: The Kharijites
    Spiritual Father: Sayyib Qutb

What on Earth are you talking about? Are these supposed to be examples of people trying to hurt a god that they don't believe exists?

What part of what I said indicates my support of Military Jihad or Sharia Law?

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sun Aug 14 10:45:50 2022
    On 14 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    I have known leftists who don't seem to want, or at least to respect, anyone's independent practice of Christianity (I am not as sure about other religions). I have met some rightists who do believe as you say.
    I think most people want to be left alone, and to leave others alone, to practice their own religion/lack thereof, so long as that practice does not infringe on their own right to do so.

"You can't be gay because my religion forbids it" is a lot different from
    "You can be gay no matter what anyone else's religion says."

One is restricting rights based on religion; the other is not.

I do realize that a rightist is much more likely to object to a lack of religion as they somehow see it as a lack of general moral character.
    For some of them, I suspect it must be their religious belief that stands between them and their own lack of moral character (i.e. they believe
    that it is religion alone that keeps them from being morally bankrupt, without it they would be morally lost, and apparently they don't have
    much faith in their own ability to make moral decisions without the
    filter of their religious beliefs).

A rightist is much more likely to object to a lack of religion in whom? A
    total stranger?

There are also some religious extremists and, simply by the fact that
    they are that religious, are likely rightist.

Yes, that goes back to the fundamental definition of conservatism/rightism as seeking to preserve existing traditions and power structures.

I missed quoting Aaron's message, but I do believe he has a point to an extent... that there are some on the left that are vocal about certain beliefs simply because they know that persons with religion will strongly object to them, i.e. they can "get their goat" and maybe even knock them off balance or make them look stupid by bringing them up.

I don't know anyone who advocates for LGBTQ+ rights simply to annoy the
    people who oppose them. What you seem to be saying is that the number of
    people who actually favor LGBTQ+ rights is smaller than it appears to be because some individuals are only favoring them to "get the goat" of those
    who oppose them. I don't believe that to be true at all.

I agree that they wouldn't be doing this to "hurt God" if they don't believe that he exists, but they certainly could/would be doing it to upset the religious person(s) in their audience.

I don't believe that advocates of LGBTQ+ advocates are arguing against the religious stigma placed on LGBTQ+ persons, which religious persons seek to
    make into law, simply to upset the religious person(s) in their audience.

Going back to my first sentence, I have met some leftists who, even if they themselves are atheists, tend to favor other regligions over Chritianity. What they do not seem to understand is that those
    religions, in particuar Islam, would object to their same "leftists beliefs" that many Christians do. After all, they are both Abrahamic
    (sp?) religions.

I think there's a difference between favoring other religions over
    Christianity and favoring all religions equally, Christianity included.

Opposing Christian prayer in public schools because there may be non-Christian students attending those schools, for example, is not favoring other
    religions over Christianity if one also opposes Muslim prayers in public schools because there may be non-Muslim students attending those schools.

However, supporting Christian prayer in public schools despite the fact that there may be non-Christian students in attendance is definitely favoring Christianity over other religions.

Jeff.

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Gregory Deyss on Sun Aug 14 22:47:24 2022
    Gregory Deyss -> Bj”rn Felten skrev 2022-08-14 16:33:
    Every single person who understands and supports the MAGA movement also believes to the strongest degree of the Christian Values because these
    are the bedrock principles of the MAGA movement.

Matt 19:21-24

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Björn Felten on Sun Aug 14 13:46:34 2022
    Jesus Said: "Feed the hungry."
    Never said: "... but only if they have papers."

Jesus Said: "Clothe the naked."
    Never said: "... but only if they're from your own country."

Jesus Said: "Help the poor."
    Never said: "... but only if there's something in it for you."

Jesus Said: "Love your neighbour."
    Never said: "... but only if they look like you."

There's no war or widespread famine in central America, South America, or the carribean. The leftists are giving residency to people who don't need it while the people who do need it are forced to move to Poland, or die.

Did you know that there's a war in Ukraine? Did you know that war creates refugees? But Ukranians can't come seek residency in the USA because it's too damn far of a walk.

The leftists have invested money into brainwashing spanish-speaking migrants. They would be angry if, instead of spanish-speaking migrants, they ended up with a bunch of Russian-speaking migrants instead.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Björn Felten on Mon Aug 15 14:54:19 2022
    Hello Bj”rn,

[..]

Are ya proud of me? Do you look up to me as a role model? ;)

I actually feel very sorry for you and all your Cult 45 members. Unless you are one of the 1.9% of the US people earning more than $400k per year, you just swallow whatever you are fed, without critical thinking. Do you, seriously, don't know that you are paying for the ultra rich with what you produce with your limited time on this Earth? Or maybe you don't even produce anything...?

Joe Biden received 7,000,000+ more votes than his opponent, and
    also easily won the electoral college vote by a large margin. Just
    to let you know not everybody drank the kool-aid the orange man
    tried to make us swallow.

Oh, wait, maybe you don't even know what waste of energy it is to keep hating anyone or anything? Try love (you know, what that Jesus guy tried to
    tell you) rather than hate and see if you maybe will feel better. And then figure out how those GOP guys of yours have voted on important matters (if you even have any such).

"Love one another, as I have loved you." ~words attibuted to Jesus

But what makes you, or anybody else, think Jesus was a pacifist?

When in the Garden of Gethsemane, Peter took out his sword and cut
    off the ear of a Roman soldier. What did Jesus do in response?
    He allowed the soldiers to take him into custody, and deliver him
    to his accusers, who were waiting to hold a hearing.

Note he did *not* re-attach the soldier's ear.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Be Stupid

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Gregory Deyss on Mon Aug 15 14:54:32 2022
    Hello Greg,

Don't you have a guy over there, that gave name to one of your
    prominent religious movements, who preached love and compassion? How
    does that compute with your vicious hatred and inability to show
    empathy?

The population in Sweden is 10.4 million compared the U.S. 331 million. "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

The Good Doctor was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, but was gunned
    down in Memphis, Tennessee by a white supremacist. And then another
    kind soul who would have been elected POTUS was gunned down later
    that year in Los Angeles, California - another Dead Kennedy - with
    his splattered brains being shown on national television for all
    to see. We should all be ashamed of ourselves for allowing such
    mindless violence to occur - day after day after day. With nothing
    being done to alleviate the situation.

So who are you calling an "arrogant piece of Swedish dog shit"?
    Seems to me most (if not all) of that dog shit is made in the USA.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Pussy grabs back!

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Mon Aug 15 03:23:45 2022
    Some leftists attack god by protesting for abortion rights, while oth are just doing it because it's what they're programmed to do.

I disagree. If I believe in a mystic, all-powerful pangolin named Eugene who is generally benevolent except when someone eats a breakfast taco,
    is it safe to assume that if I see you eating a breakfast taco, you're doing it to hurt Eugene and, by extension, me?

They're doing it (hurting God) inadvertantly. They're purposefully appeasing the leftist gods, but they'll find out the hard way that they've turned their backs on the real God.

There is photographic evidence that Kennedy's actions were not limited
    to "a quiet prayer of thanks," as Justice Sotomayor pointed out in her dissent.

What else did he do? (I should ask "What did he do that was actually wrong?")

I pray extensively. Included in my prayers are people from my neighborhood who I barely even know. I pray for an islamic family that lives 2 houses down. Am
    I hurting them? Would they be pissed if they knew that a christian was asking God to protect them?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Ron L. on Mon Aug 15 04:08:31 2022
    I think you scratched the surface of why the Ignorant Elitists hate the Catholic Church (well, religions in general) so much: They are in competition for control of the people.

Neither are trustworthy and just because the religion invokes God
    doesn't mean they are on God's side and have our best interests at heart.

I trust the Roman Catholic church quite a bit. The stuff that they (we) do is on par with conservative values. Catholic Charities (funded by Catholic
    church donations) owns group homes for disabled AMERICAN adults. That helps off-set some of the damage that Democrats have done to the disabled. They
    might be pocketing a ton of the cash, but at least there's overwhelming evidence that a ton of it is actually being spent on actual charitable causes.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Aug 15 09:48:06 2022
    On 15 Aug 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    I disagree. If I believe in a mystic, all-powerful pangolin named Eug who is generally benevolent except when someone eats a breakfast taco is it safe to assume that if I see you eating a breakfast taco, you'r doing it to hurt Eugene and, by extension, me?
    They're doing it (hurting God) inadvertantly. They're purposefully appeasing the leftist gods, but they'll find out the hard way that
    they've turned their backs on the real God.

That is your belief, and you're entitled to it. But you shouldn't try to make people who don't share your beliefs comply with said beliefs.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Aug 15 09:50:15 2022
    There is photographic evidence that Kennedy's actions were not limite to "a quiet prayer of thanks," as Justice Sotomayor pointed out in he dissent.

Look up Sotomayor's dissent.

I pray extensively. Included in my prayers are people from my
    neighborhood who I barely even know. I pray for an islamic family that lives 2 houses down. Am I hurting them? Would they be pissed if they
    knew that a christian was asking God to protect them?

I don't think so. At best they might think it's a pointless exercise.

I'll ask Eugene the Mystical, All-Powerful Pangolin to protect you.

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Mon Aug 15 17:10:04 2022
    There is photographic evidence that Kennedy's actions were not l to "a quiet prayer of thanks," as Justice Sotomayor pointed out dissent.

When you were talking about photographic evidence, I thought there was more to it than just "he wasn't quiet enough, wasn't private enough." The "worst" part of this despicable crime was that he "invited others to join in."

They should've given him the chair I guess.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Aug 15 15:50:04 2022
    When you were talking about photographic evidence, I thought there was more to it than just "he wasn't quiet enough, wasn't private enough."
    The "worst" part of this despicable crime was that he "invited others to join in."

It's possible that people felt pressured to join in, to be "part of the
    team." Applying that pressure, whether intentionally or indvertently, is
    wrong.

There are a lot more options than you present here. That's a false dichotomy.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Mon Aug 15 16:25:00 2022
    They're doing it (hurting God) inadvertantly. They're purposefully appeasing the leftist gods, but they'll find out the hard way that they've turned their backs on the real God.

But that is not hurting God. In this scenario, there is a God and they are hurting themselves by turning their backs on him.

I pray extensively. Included in my prayers are people from my neighborhood who
    I barely even know. I pray for an islamic family that lives 2 houses down. Am I hurting them? Would they be pissed if they knew that a christian was asking God to protect them?

They should not be, since your God and theirs are the same entity, just so
    long as you are not praying that he convert them to your religion.

* SLMR 2.1a * "I'm cold, and there are wolves after me!"-Granpa Simpson
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Aug 15 17:52:56 2022
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

I trust the Roman Catholic church quite a bit. The stuff that they (we)
    do is on par with conservative values.

This is why it's hard to see the rot sometimes in the church. Individuals within the church often do the right thing, but sometimes, as a whole, the church espouses the wrong thing.

I remember having to go to Catechism. I was turned off by the demand that I not ask questions (usually ones that my "teachers" couldn't answer well) and just accept what the "leaders" say. Even at this early age, I figured out that people who do this are't really smarter than me.

By the time I was a teen, and my parents no longer required me to go to church stuff, I had already tagged the church as a bunch of hypocrites.

Now, having said that, there were many people in the church who really did want to do good - and many times succeeded, often in spite of others in the church.

I guess my point is that just because it's a religion doesn't mean it does good. Just because someone invoked God, doesn't mean that he's not evil.

It goes back to measuring the individual and what that person says and does.

... "A newspaper is a collection of half-injustices"

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Gregory Deyss on Mon Aug 15 17:52:56 2022
    Gregory Deyss wrote to Bj”rn Felten <=-

Has it ever occurred to you why I support MAGA? Have you seen (from a
    far) how much of a clusterf*ck the Biden Administration is.

Remember that these people will never accept any fact that goes counter to their false Narrative. They will never accept the fact that they were wrong. They will go to their deathbeds insisting that they were right - even as everything burns around them.

What is the basis of the evidence that you have as you refer to me as anti-Christian or having hated for Christian values?

The Ignorant Elitists don't need any evidence. They use such terms, plus things like "Racist", "Facist", "<whatever>-phobe", "White supremacist" as labels to smear anyone who dares disagree with their elitist ideas. Often times, they don't even understand what the terms mean and use the labels incorrectly.

They've labeled jews as "anti-semitic", black people as "white supremacists", gays as "homophobic", and more.

Due to your lack of understanding or not having any such ability to be correct. This is called ignorance, Dunce.

It's called "willful ignorance". They are choosing to be ignorant.

... Gravity doesn't exist. The Earth sucks.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Mon Aug 15 17:52:56 2022
    Mike Powell wrote to JEFF THIELE <=-

I think most people want to be left alone, and to leave others alone,
    to practice their own religion/lack thereof, so long as that practice
    does not infringe on their own right to do so.

I believe that this has done more than any other thing to wake people up and piss them off.

The vast majority of people want to live their lives as they see fit, doing what they enjoy doing.

Then the Ignorant Elitists seize power and want to tell everyone how to live their lives.

We then realize that we have no choice but to participate, to a much larger degree, in politics and watch everything our "representatives" do. That takes away from the things that we enjoy doing and reduces enjoyment in our lives.

And we will NEVER forgive the Ignorant Elitists for doing this to us.

... Me, indecisive? I don't think I am, do you?

• From Dale Shipp@1:261/1466 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Aug 16 01:06:04 2022
    On 08-14-22 13:46, Aaron Thomas <=-
    spoke to Bj”rn Felten about Re: "I hate the Lefties, <=-

Did you know that there's a war in Ukraine? Did you know that war
    creates refugees? But Ukranians can't come seek residency in the USA because it's too damn far of a walk.

Of course that is well known that there is a war going on, and that a
    large number of Ukranians have fled the country to Poland and other
    countries. Did you know that the USA has approved accepting 100,000 of
    them into America?

Dale Shipp
    fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
    (1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked in Silver Spring, Maryland. 01:09:24, 16 Aug 2022
    ___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
    * Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Tue Aug 16 05:04:52 2022
    When you were talking about photographic evidence, I thought there wa more to it than just "he wasn't quiet enough, wasn't private enough." The "worst" part of this despicable crime was that he "invited others join in."

It's possible that people felt pressured to join in, to be "part of the team." Applying that pressure, whether intentionally or indvertently, is wrong.

The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been invited to join people for a group prayer? How offended were you?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Tue Aug 16 14:14:56 2022
    They're doing it (hurting God) inadvertantly. They're purposefully appea the leftist gods, but they'll find out the hard way that they've turned backs on the real God.

But that is not hurting God. In this scenario, there is a God and they are hurting themselves by turning their backs on him.

They're doing it (hurting God) inadvertantly. They're purposefully appea the leftist gods, but they'll find out the hard way that they've turned backs on the real God.

I didn't see it that way while I was doing my rant, but that's true!

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Ron L. on Tue Aug 16 14:33:17 2022
    By the time I was a teen, and my parents no longer required me to go to church stuff, I had already tagged the church as a bunch of hypocrites.

It sounds like the employees of the church ruined it for you. I don't go to mass anymore because of covid, but I still pray and then God answers my
    prayers every time.

The Democrats managed to remove everyone's fear of jail, so now I'm relying on religion to maintain everyone's fear of God.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Aug 16 10:17:16 2022
    On 16 Aug 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    When you were talking about photographic evidence, I thought the more to it than just "he wasn't quiet enough, wasn't private eno The "worst" part of this despicable crime was that he "invited o join in."
    It's possible that people felt pressured to join in, to be "part of t team." Applying that pressure, whether intentionally or indvertently, wrong.
    The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been invited to join people for a group prayer? How offended were you?

There is no evidence of that. I have been invited, yes, and outside of a religious environment I thought it was showy and pompous.

Would you join me in asking Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pangolin to help me win my next video game?

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Aug 16 10:19:16 2022
    By the time I was a teen, and my parents no longer required me to go church stuff, I had already tagged the church as a bunch of hypocrite
    It sounds like the employees of the church ruined it for you. I don't go to mass anymore because of covid, but I still pray and then God answers
    my prayers every time.

The top sources of mass pedopholia in the US are the Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist church, and evangelical denominations.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Aug 16 10:48:04 2022
    When you were talking about photographic evidence, I thought the more to it than just "he wasn't quiet enough, wasn't private eno The "worst" part of this despicable crime was that he "invited o join in."
    It's possible that people felt pressured to join in, to be "part of t team." Applying that pressure, whether intentionally or indvertently, wrong.

That is irrelevant. The government cnnot espouse one religion over any other. The coach, as an employee and representative of a public school district,
    which is a government entity, was doing just that. Unless, of course, he was leading prayers for other religions, too, but I seriously doubt that was the case.

Did he offer prayers to Eugene? I don't think so.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Tue Aug 16 16:55:00 2022
    We then realize that we have no choice but to participate, to a much larger >degree, in politics and watch everything our "representatives" do. That takes >away from the things that we enjoy doing and reduces enjoyment in our lives.

I cannot disagree with this statement. It makes more sense than most
    anything I have ever read in this echo.

* SLMR 2.1a * litterate: (adj.) Able to write, but only writes garbage.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Tue Aug 16 16:26:00 2022
    What else did he do? (I should ask "What did he do that was actually
    wrong?")

When you were talking about photographic evidence, I thought there was more to
    it than just "he wasn't quiet enough, wasn't private enough." The "worst" part
    of this despicable crime was that he "invited others to join in."

Inviting others to join should not be seen as wrong, just as declining to
    join in should not be. I don't see where asking (as opposed to telling) infringes on anyone's rights.

I am sure there are some of these allegedly perfect leftists, who do not
    *EVER* force their beliefs/non-beliefs on others, that would like to.

* SLMR 2.1a * My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air...
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Tue Aug 16 16:30:00 2022
    By the time I was a teen, and my parents no longer required me to go to church
    stuff, I had already tagged the church as a bunch of hypocrites.

I think the worst mistake that a parent who wants their child to "find religion" can make is to force it on them.

I guess my point is that just because it's a religion doesn't mean it does good. Just because someone invoked God, doesn't mean that he's not evil.

There are some pretty high-profile cases of people who invoke God, and even have large flocks, who turned out to be quite evil. Jim Jones comes to
    mind. IIRC, Charles Manson also tried leading his "family" by his warped
    idea of God and religion at some point.

* SLMR 2.1a * A restless eye across a weary room...
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Tue Aug 16 16:32:00 2022
    They've labeled jews as "anti-semitic", black people as "white supremacists", gays as "homophobic", and more.

If you can go back far enough, I think you can find examples of at least
    the first two right here in this echo.

* SLMR 2.1a * A momentary lapse of reason that binds a life to a life..
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to AARON THOMAS on Tue Aug 16 16:58:00 2022

I never have been offended because I know I can decline.

I have been in group dining situations before where someone (sometimes Christian, sometimes Muslim <gasp!>) will stop and pray quietly before
    eating. I stop talking and eating and remain quiet until they are done. I have also been in same situations where someone will ask to give a blessing
    or say a prayer *aloud* before we eat. I respect their beliefs and
    wishes. Waiting a few seconds before digging in, listening to them give thanks, profess what they believe, ask for a blessing, having to remain quiet... none of that has ever been offensive to me, even if I may not
    believe as they do. Heck, I feel honored that they want to share a custom
    with me and like me enough to want me to be blessed.

I have also been witness to Hindu ceremonies and at least one pagan one.
    They are not offensive to me and I am glad to be included even if I do not believe in anything they believe in. I believe it is all about respect.

Then again, I am not a leftist, so maybe that is why.

If what Jeff claims is true, as a conservative I should be forcing my beliefs on them, asking them to stop, and filing lawsuits against them for violiating my rights/beliefs. I think he may have that backwards.

* SLMR 2.1a * Come in Number 51, Your Time Is Up!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Tue Aug 16 16:47:00 2022
    There is no evidence of that. I have been invited, yes, and outside of a religious environment I thought it was showy and pompous.

So you think it is ok, in this instance, that someone else also took
    offense and tried to force their (lack of) religious beliefs on this individual? But you are not a conservative, how can this be so?

Would you join me in asking Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pangolin to help me win my next video game?

If that is really what you want.

* SLMR 2.1a * Her voice rings in his ears like the music of the spheres
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Tue Aug 16 17:26:30 2022
    On 16 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    So you think it is ok, in this instance, that someone else also took offense and tried to force their (lack of) religious beliefs on this individual? But you are not a conservative, how can this be so?

This individual can pray privately all he likes, but that's not what he was doing. He was inviting/encouraging others to join him, potentially putting pressure on others who didn't share his beliefs to join him in his public exercise of his religion, lest they be left out and excluded from team activities. And he didn't do this privately; he did it in front of everyone. Everyone could see who was included and who was excluded, based almost exclusively on their religion, or lack thereof.

Would you join me in asking Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pangoli help me win my next video game?

It would be pointless. Eugene doesn't care about video games. He only cares about breakfast tacos.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Jeff Thiele on Tue Aug 16 17:39:21 2022
    On 16 Aug 2022, Jeff Thiele said the following...
    Would you join me in asking Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pa help me win my next video game?

I don't understand sports teams praying to God for success. It's just agame, and isn't God supposed to love everoyne equally?

Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of the less pious team?

Doesn't it at that point become less of a sporting event and more of a religious ritual?

What happens if both teams pray? Do their prayers cancel each other out? Is
    it then sort of an arms race that will eventually lead to ritual sacrifices
    in the end zone?

This also applies to political stumping. Lots of candidates pray for God's
    help in winning their race, but in a democracy, isn't that technically cheating? Democracy is based on the people voting, without supernatural interference.

One of the most insulting use of prayer that I've encountered is when someone says that they're praying for God to change my mind about something. What?
    How arrogant can someone get?

Also, and slightly off-topic, my next video game session is going to be "Warplanes: Battles over Pacific" for the Oculus Quest VR system. I like that game a lot, but Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pangolin is indifferent. So be it.

Jeff.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 02:21:45 2022
    Hello Jeff,

[..]

The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been invited to
    join people for a group prayer? How offended were you?

It is often said there are no atheists in foxholes. Kurt Vonnegut,
    whom I met years ago at LSU at a lecture, said he was an atheist in
    a foxhole, and survived. His novel "Slaughterhouse Five" is quite
    telling, and few realize he was a survivor of the bombing of Dresden.

Would you join me in asking Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pangolin to
    help me win my next video game?

Vonnegut did not need any gods to help him, but may have had some
    help from an alien who visited this planet.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    No Trump! No KKK! No fascist USA!

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 02:21:53 2022
    Hello Jeff,

By the time I was a teen, and my parents no longer required me
    to go
    church stuff, I had already tagged the church as a bunch of
    hypocrite
    It sounds like the employees of the church ruined it for you. I don't
    go
    to mass anymore because of covid, but I still pray and then God
    answers
    my prayers every time.

The top sources of mass pedopholia in the US are the Catholic Church, the Southern Baptist church, and evangelical denominations.

You forgot about the Boy Scouts, most favored group of Mormons.

The real issue is not about Catholics, Baptists, Evangelicals,
    Mormons, or any other religious group. Most religious folks are
    not pedophiles, and condemn all acts of pedophilia as evil.

Why did you leave out the main group of pedophiles, who are not
    religious at all? Folks such as public school teachers, for example.

You know as well as I do that the number of pedophiles in the
    Catholic Church was always small, and should be non-existent today.
    Yes, it is true Pope John Paul II did nothing to solve the problem
    during his 26-year pontificate. And yes, it is true Pope Benedict
    XVI did next to nothing during his short pontificate. But the new
    kid on the block, Pope Francis, has shown his two predecessors
    what to do, and has actually taken real steps to put an end to it.

I expect Pope Francis to put the final nail in the coffin by
    retiring, handing off the papacy to the laity, where it belongs.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    There's no split in Cremo.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 02:22:01 2022
    Hello Jeff,

[..]

The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been invited to

That is irrelevant. The government cnnot espouse one religion over any other.

The USSC said coaches can. And players who do not go along with coach
    will no longer be players, or doomed to sit on the bench.

The coach, as an employee and representative of a public school district, which is a government entity, was doing just that.

Coaches and players can pray all they want, even if they are employees
    or students at a public school. As long as they do so in private. But
    when they make a public display of it, and/or lead others in prayer in
    such a public display, it would be nice to think they are crossing the
    line. But such is not the case.

Unless, of course, he was leading prayers for other religions, too, but I seriously doubt that was the case.

"Allah Akbar!" shouted Coach K, rallying his players to victory!

All prayers are offered to the god(s) of one's choice.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    They say `Yes, Trump'! / We say `No, Trump!'

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Dale Shipp on Tue Aug 16 14:51:46 2022
    Of course that is well known that there is a war going on, and that a large number of Ukranians have fled the country to Poland and other countries. Did you know that the USA has approved accepting 100,000 of them into America?

I didn't know that, I believe you, but why 100,000? That number sounds racist when we've already taken more than 4 million from central America.

Joe and George have a plan to manipulate Spanish-speaking migrants, and
    they're sticking to it.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Lee Lofaso on Tue Aug 16 22:10:26 2022
    On 17 Aug 2022, Lee Lofaso said the following...
    Would you join me in asking Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pang to

Perhaps Eugene is an alien. God supposedly created the Earth from nothing, meaning that he existed before the Earth, and could not be of this Earth. Therefore, He's an alien, and Jesus is an alien half-breed, if we are to believe the Bible.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Lee Lofaso on Tue Aug 16 22:19:54 2022

I didn't include the Boy Scouts because I haven't heard of any current scandals. That does not mean that there aren't any, though.

That is true, but enough of them are pedophiles to make those organizations prime offenders. Also, the rank-and-file parishioners are typically not the culprits; it is those who have authority and abuse that authority in an organization that teaches its members from childhood that authority is not to be questioned.

These may seem like the largest group, but it's entirely possible that more
    of them become public knowledge because school districts are not in the habit of covering it up, as the religious authorities are wont to do.

I don't share your optimism. I think Pope Francis' efforts have been a decent PR move for the Catholic church, but I'm not convinced that they made any meaningful difference.

Heh. Fat chance. There are currently 116 cardinal electors (including one so-far-unnamed lucky one) with far too much to lose if that happened.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Lee Lofaso on Tue Aug 16 22:24:15 2022
    The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been invited
    That is irrelevant. The government cnnot espouse one religion over an other.

This is your answer to how widespread Republican support for forcing
    Christian beliefs on non-Christians is.

The coach, as an employee and representative of a public school distr which is a government entity, was doing just that.
    Coaches and players can pray all they want, even if they are employees
    when they make a public display of it, and/or lead others in prayer in such a public display, it would be nice to think they are crossing the line. But such is not the case.

It used to be, but is not anymore. Well, sort of. Coach Kennedy and his
    lawyers lied to the Supreme Court about just how "private" Kennedey's prayers were. And the conservative majority of justices went along with that lie. Justice Sotamayor provided proof of this lie, but the USSC being what the
    USSC is, the decision stood.

Unless, of course, he was leading prayers for other religions, too, b seriously doubt that was the case.

Not necessarily. Especially when they end with "In Jesus' name we pray..."

Jeff.

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 11:36:09 2022
    One of the most insulting use of prayer that I've encountered is when someone
    says that they're praying for God to change my mind about something. What? How arrogant can someone get?

To me it's more insulting that Christian armies all over the world actually have preachers (usually of officer's rank) blessing the soldiers and their weapons, so that they can go out and have a happy hunt, killing as many enemies as possible.

--
    United we are strong, we win. Divided we are weak, we lose.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 08:44:02 2022
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

It sounds like the employees of the church ruined it for you.

That, plus a good number (but not most) of members.

Churches seemed to be were some of the Elitists like to be and tell everyone how so much more devout they are. Virtue signalling has been around for a long, long time.

I don't go to mass anymore because of covid,

I don't go to mass anymore because I don't want to deal with the high levels of BS that they push. But that may be more of how the churches in my area have turned away.

but I still pray and then God answers my prayers every time.

Trust in god... But tie up your horse.

I find that working through a solution to a problem, and not getting bogged down in "oh, woe is me!" answers my prayers at about the same rate.

The Democrats managed to remove everyone's fear of jail, so now I'm relying on religion to maintain everyone's fear of God.

They still haven't removed everyone's fear of guns, though.

... Santa uses 'The Club' in New York, a vest in Florida.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Wed Aug 17 08:44:02 2022
    Mike Powell wrote to Dr. What <=-

I think the worst mistake that a parent who wants their child to "find religion" can make is to force it on them.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Now that I'm approaching 40 years in my career, I'm often called upon to mentor younger employees. I've found that you can't tell someone something - especially if they think they already know. The only way you can really make them learn is to lead them and let them "discover" it for themselves.

There are some pretty high-profile cases of people who invoke God, and even have large flocks, who turned out to be quite evil. Jim Jones
    comes to mind. IIRC, Charles Manson also tried leading his "family" by his warped idea of God and religion at some point.

Those are the extremes, but yes. In my local area, I've encountered too many "pastors" who are extremely woke.

... Help stamp out, eliminate, and abolish redundancy!

They've labeled jews as "anti-semitic", black people as "white
    supremacists",
    gays as "homophobic", and more.

If you can go back far enough, I think you can find examples of at
    least the first two right here in this echo.

Ya, but I tend to not read messages by those people anymore. Their words aren't worth the time to read.

... System halted. There is NOTHING you can do.

Mike Powell wrote to AARON THOMAS <=-

I have been in group dining situations before where someone (sometimes Christian, sometimes Muslim <gasp!>) will stop and pray quietly before eating. I stop talking and eating and remain quiet until they are
    done. I have also been in same situations where someone will ask to
    give a blessing or say a prayer *aloud* before we eat. I respect their beliefs and wishes. Waiting a few seconds before digging in, listening
    to them give thanks, profess what they believe, ask for a blessing,
    having to remain quiet... none of that has ever been offensive to me,
    even if I may not believe as they do.

I've been in many situations like that.

The only time that I've been offended is when their prayer is insincere. Then it feels like they were putting on a play for all of us implying that they are better than us because they are religious.

Happily, that has been very rare.

Probably. The Ignorant Elitists like to be offended, it seems.

If what Jeff claims is true, as a conservative I should be forcing my beliefs on them, asking them to stop, and filing lawsuits against them
    for violiating my rights/beliefs. I think he may have that backwards.

Yes, that's what the Ignorant Elitists do: turn everything around. But those people only know how to destroy.

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    - George Orwell, 1984

... You're always seated by a crying child during long flights.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Björn Felten on Wed Aug 17 07:55:45 2022
    On 17 Aug 2022, Bj”rn Felten said the following...
    says that they're praying for God to change my mind about something. How arrogant can someone get?
    To me it's more insulting that Christian armies all over the world actually have preachers (usually of officer's rank) blessing the
    soldiers and their weapons, so that they can go out and have a happy
    hunt, killing as many enemies as possible.

Yes, there is that.

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 01:02:57 2022
    The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been invited t join people for a group prayer? How offended were you?

There's evidence of prayers helping people, but that evidence isn't currently being reseached by the Leftist community.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 01:14:20 2022

Are you off your meds? What's "mass pedophilia?" In what unit is it measured? What's the threshold that classifies it as "mass?"

What's the elected Democrat sex offender to elected Republican sex offender ratio?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Wed Aug 17 01:24:32 2022
    Inviting others to join should not be seen as wrong, just as declining to join in should not be. I don't see where asking (as opposed to telling) infringes on anyone's rights.

I am sure there are some of these allegedly perfect leftists, who do not *EVER* force their beliefs/non-beliefs on others, that would like to.

They're forcing it though. The Democrats and the media are obviously on the same agenda. The media forces beliefs on idiots, so therefore I'm holding all Democrats accountable for all the crap the media does (like influencing the 2020 election in favor of Joe Biden.)

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Wed Aug 17 01:34:46 2022
    not believe in anything they believe in. I believe it is all about respect.

That is absolutely why! You probably have better things to do than to sue or protest because someone offered you something that you don't want.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 01:41:53 2022
    Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of the less pious team?

Are you sure they were praying for a win? There are other things that a coach may want them to pray for.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 10:51:31 2022
    On 17 Aug 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been invi join people for a group prayer? How offended were you?
    There is no evidence of that. I have been invited, yes, and outside o religious environment I thought it was showy and pompous.
    There's evidence of prayers helping people, but that evidence isn't currently being reseached by the Leftist community.

The research being done by the right, at least the legitimate research performed according to standard scientific protocols, shows no correlation between prayer and results.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 11:00:15 2022
    The top sources of mass pedopholia in the US are the Catholic Church, Southern Baptist church, and evangelical denominations.
    Are you off your meds? What's "mass pedophilia?" In what unit is it measured? What's the threshold that classifies it as "mass?"

The unit is 1 case of pediphilia. The definition of "mass" being used here is "relating to, done by, or affecting large numbers of people or things."

What's the elected Democrat sex offender to elected Republican sex offender ratio?

Do you have anything to add to this list? https://stuffthatspins.com/2016/04/28/who-has-more-sex-offenders-republicans-or -democrats/

Could it be that Republicans tend to be more authoritarian that Democrats,
    and abuse that authority?

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 11:03:37 2022
    Inviting others to join should not be seen as wrong, just as declinin join in should not be. I don't see where asking (as opposed to telli infringes on anyone's rights.
    I am sure there are some of these allegedly perfect leftists, who do *EVER* force their beliefs/non-beliefs on others, that would like to.
    They're forcing it though. The Democrats and the media are obviously on the same agenda. The media forces beliefs on idiots, so therefore I'm holding all Democrats accountable for all the crap the media does (like influencing the 2020 election in favor of Joe Biden.)

Newspapers endorsing political candidates has been going on for centuries.
    Some have endorsed Republican candidates; some have endorsed Democrats, depending on the editorial slant of the paper.

Likewise, television media also endorses candidates, although perhaps not as explicitly. Some media endorse Republican candidates; some endorse Democrats. Are you denying that "Fox News" strongly favored Trump?

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 11:16:14 2022
    Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of less pious team?
    Are you sure they were praying for a win? There are other things that a coach may want them to pray for.

Sure, they could pray for safety from injury, but isn't that just denial of
    the risks associated with the activity they are participating in? "Well, we prayed for no injuries, but there was an injury, so that injury must have
    been God's will, and who are we to dispute God's will," right?

Jeff.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 19:11:54 2022
    Hello Jeff,

Would you join me in asking Eugene the Mystical and
    All-Powerful Pa

I don't understand sports teams praying to God for success. It's just a game, and isn't God supposed to love everoyne equally?

Years ago, the USA played a soccer match against Iran in the World Cup.
    As expected, every player on Iran prayed before, during, and after the
    game. And we all know who wound up victorious, as the mullahs allowed
    all the Iranian players to keep their heads.

As Vince Lombardi liked to say, "Winning is the only thing!"

Doesn't it at that point become less of a sporting event and more of a religious ritual?

David slaying Goliath was a sporting event, enjoyed by one side
    much more than the other. Especially since there were no other giants
    left to cheer.

What happens if both teams pray? Do their prayers cancel each other out? Is
    it then sort of an arms race that will eventually lead to ritual sacrifices
    in the end zone?

Only when Pakistan and India play in the World Cup. Both teams would
    be annibilihated. Probably before the match ever gets started.

This also applies to political stumping. Lots of candidates pray for God's help in winning their race, but in a democracy, isn't that technically cheating? Democracy is based on the people voting, without supernatural interference.

Oh, come now. Everybody knows my god is bigger than your god ...

says that they're praying for God to change my mind about something. What? How arrogant can someone get?

Or conceited.

Also, and slightly off-topic, my next video game session is going to be "Warplanes: Battles over Pacific" for the Oculus Quest VR system. I like that
    game a lot, but Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful Pangolin is indifferent.
    So be it.

Long live pogemon!

For Life,
    Lee

--
    No justice! No peace!

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Ron L. on Wed Aug 17 14:57:36 2022
    Churches seemed to be were some of the Elitists like to be and tell everyone how so much more devout they are. Virtue signalling has been around for a long, long time.

There's still some of that going on. Butt-kissers at church. It's annoying. It's the same idiots who probably butt-kiss in the workplace too, or
    everywhere they go. "Suck up to someone and win a prize" is their motto I guess. They don't set a good example, but I still want them there to donate
    and to pray for some of the same stuff that I pray for. (Useful idiots!)

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Wed Aug 17 16:20:00 2022
    I don't understand sports teams praying to God for success. It's just agame, and isn't God supposed to love everoyne equally?

Most prayers I have heard before sporting events are not so much for
    victory as much as they are for the safety of the participants and fans.

* SLMR 2.1a * Road Runner, the Coyote's after you!!!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Wed Aug 17 16:55:12 2022
    On 17 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    I don't understand sports teams praying to God for success. It's just ag and isn't God supposed to love everoyne equally?
    Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of the pious team?
    Most prayers I have heard before sporting events are not so much for victory as much as they are for the safety of the participants and fans.

Perhaps those concerns would be better addressed by examining the safety
    issues inherent to the sporting event and altering the rules accordingly.

Do factories, mines, and the like simply pray for worker safety before each workday, or are they required to address known safety issues?

Relying on supernatural protection for worker/player is a shirking of responsibility.

Jeff.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Wed Aug 17 18:05:17 2022

Do you have anything to add to this list?

That list is mostly "activists." Republicans don't have "activists." That's something that Democrats invest in. I was specifically talking about elected officials. It's obvious that whoever made that list was looking for as many "activists" to add to the list as possible.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Thu Aug 18 03:05:45 2022
    Likewise, television media also endorses candidates, although perhaps
    not as explicitly. Some media endorse Republican candidates; some
    endorse Democrats. Are you denying that "Fox News" strongly favored
    Trump?

Fox News is nothing compared to Joe's endorsements from public figures and/or the media. Every voice on tv, film, radio, newspaper, and website were telling dumb Americans "how badly they need Joe Biden." Luckily, I think the leftists are over-projecting the stupidity of Americans bigtime, and they are going to get a dose of reality real soon.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Thu Aug 18 03:07:19 2022
    Sure, they could pray for safety from injury, but isn't that just denial of the risks associated with the activity they are participating in? "Well, we prayed for no injuries, but there was an injury, so that
    injury must have been God's will, and who are we to dispute God's will," right?

We shouldn't criticize people over what they pray for. The leftists seem to care a lot about themselves, so they would probably enjoy a group prayer "for the self."

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 22:48:55 2022
    What's the elected Democrat sex offender to elected Republican s offender ratio?
    Do you have anything to add to this list?
    That list is mostly "activists." Republicans don't have "activists." That's something that Democrats invest in. I was specifically talking about elected officials. It's obvious that whoever made that list was looking for as many "activists" to add to the list as possible.

Republicans do have activists. Nevertheless, the list also contains mayors, legislators, constables, senators, committeemen, congressmen, judges, and others who are, in fact elected officials.

Nice try, though.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 22:51:20 2022
    On 18 Aug 2022, Aaron Thomas said the following...
    Likewise, television media also endorses candidates, although perhaps not as explicitly. Some media endorse Republican candidates; some endorse Democrats. Are you denying that "Fox News" strongly favored Trump?
    Fox News is nothing compared to Joe's endorsements from public figures and/or the media. Every voice on tv, film, radio, newspaper, and website were telling dumb Americans "how badly they need Joe Biden." Luckily, I think the leftists are over-projecting the stupidity of Americans
    bigtime, and they are going to get a dose of reality real soon.

Fox News is, or was recently, at the top of the ratings. That more people are vocal about their support of Biden is not Democrats' fault. But the fact that less people are vocal about their support of Trump is the Republicans' fault. Why do you suppose there are so fewer of them? Are they embarrassed to talk about Trump? Do they not exist?

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Aug 17 22:54:59 2022
    Sure, they could pray for safety from injury, but isn't that just den of the risks associated with the activity they are participating in? "Well, we prayed for no injuries, but there was an injury, so that injury must have been God's will, and who are we to dispute God's wil right?
    We shouldn't criticize people over what they pray for. The leftists seem to care a lot about themselves, so they would probably enjoy a group prayer "for the self."

If I worked at a place where management brought everyone together every
    workday morning to pray for the workers' safety, I'd definitely have concerns about whether that was a safe place to work.

Nevertheless, it's ok to pray quietly and privately; it's not ok to use one's position of authority to coerce others into joining that prayer.

Leftists want fairness for everyone. Everyone is free to pray as they see
    fit, but they cannot force their religion on others.

Jeff.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Thu Aug 18 08:12:11 2022

Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of the
    less
    pious team?

Most prayers I have heard before sporting events are not so much for victory as much as they are for the safety of the participants and
    fans.

But remember that the Ignorant Elitists never actually find the facts. They simply decide, with no evidence, what's going on and move forward. They live assuming that they already know the "why" - sort of beliving that they can read people's minds.

What they actually do it project their own beliefs on to others and the motivation of others.

That's why I say: If a Ignorant Elitist calls you a <whatever>, you can be sure of one thing - **they** are a <whatever>.

... Proofread carefully to see if you any words out!

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Aug 18 15:31:37 2022
    Hello Aaron,

Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of
    the
    less pious team?

Are you sure they were praying for a win? There are other things that a coach
    may want them to pray for.

Er, dude? There are only two things a coach can pray for.
    And any coach who prays for the other thing will be out of
    a job before the game even begins.

"Winning is the *only* thing!" ~Vince Lombardi

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Love! Not hate! Makes America great!

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Björn Felten on Thu Aug 18 15:32:09 2022
    Hello Bj”rn,

One of the most insulting use of prayer that I've encountered is when
    someone
    says that they're praying for God to change my mind about something.
    What?
    How arrogant can someone get?

To me it's more insulting that Christian armies all over the world actually have preachers (usually of officer's rank) blessing the soldiers and their weapons, so that they can go out and have a happy hunt, killing as many enemies as possible.

Spanish conquistidors always brought a priest with them on their
    journeys to the New World - to convert the natives. They also destroyed religious artifacts and writings used by natives.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Probably the best beer in the world

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Mike Powell on Thu Aug 18 03:22:09 2022
    I don't understand sports teams praying to God for success. It's just ag and isn't God supposed to love everoyne equally?

Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of the pious team?

Most prayers I have heard before sporting events are not so much for victory as much as they are for the safety of the participants and fans.

They should pray for the safety of non-white team members only. That way, there's no possibility that leftists will get mad about it.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jeff Thiele on Thu Aug 18 03:23:18 2022
    Relying on supernatural protection for worker/player is a shirking of responsibility.

Not praying for people is a shirking of responsibility.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Aug 18 15:25:52 2022
    Not praying for people is a shirking of responsibility.

Nah, it doesn't work that way.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Thu Aug 18 17:05:58 2022
    On 18 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    Perhaps those concerns would be better addressed by examining the safety issues inherent to the sporting event and altering the rules accordingly
    Even the best safety measures and devices can fail.

Even the best safety measures and devices (and procedures) can be improved if they prove to be indequate.

If a given sport has a sufficient rate of player injuries to warrant seeking supernatural interference to bring that rate down, that rate is too high.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Thu Aug 18 17:02:00 2022

Perhaps those concerns would be better addressed by examining the safety issues inherent to the sporting event and altering the rules accordingly.

Even the best safety measures and devices can fail.

* SLMR 2.1a * "It's a great asset... more inflation." - Joe Biden
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Fri Aug 19 20:37:34 2022
    Hello Jeff,

Would you joine in asking Eugene the Mystical and All-Powerful
    Pang
    to

Perhaps Eugene is an alien. God supposedly created the Earth from nothing, meaning that he existed before the Earth, and could not be of this Earth. Therefore, He's an alien, and Jesus is an alien half-breed, if we are to believe the Bible.

Kurt Vonnegut's alien character in his novel "Slaugherhouse Five"
    wrote his own gospel. You see, the other chararacter, Billy Pilgrim,
    was stuck in time. The alien was there to help him. And the way the
    story was written, it is not in linear order. So to understand the
    alien's POV, imagine Jesus being crucified without the connections.

The bombing of Dresden is a key element to the story. Vonnegut was
    there, during the bombing. More people perished due to Allied bombing
    than those who perished due to the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Nothing sucks like an Electrolux

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Fri Aug 19 20:37:39 2022
    Hello Jeff,

I didn't include the Boy Scouts because I haven't heard of any current scandals. That does not mean that there aren't any, though.

It is major news. I'll let you use google for details. Mormons have
    been huge contributors to the Boy Scouts of America, and major changes
    have taken place since this scandal came to light. The BSA was founded
    by a gay man, who had to keep it secret due to the times.

Pedophiles try to mix in as authority figures, where they can find
    victims to prey on. Most people would not even recognize them as
    being a threat, whether they are counselors, school teachers, priests, ministers, or whatever.

Very few authority figures are pedophiles. More needs to be done
    to screen those who seek those positions. And those who are caught
    should be fired immediately and escorted out the door.

That is true, but enough of them are pedophiles to make those organizations
    prime offenders.

It is not just the RCC that is guilty of having provided a place
    for those creeps, but also other institutions. This country has more psychiatrists than any other country in the world. Certainly more can
    be done to screen applicants, and also find within the ranks, who is
    or might be pedophiles.

Also, the rank-and-file parishioners are typically not the
    culprits; it is those who have authority and abuse that authority in an organization that teaches its members from childhood that authority is not to be questioned.

St. Paul told us to question all things. He did not say some things.
    He did not say most things. He said all things.

These may seem like the largest group, but it's entirely possible that more
    of them become public knowledge because school districts are not in the habit
    of covering it up, as the religious authorities are wont to do.

We have both private and public schools in this country. So we may
    never know the true extent as to how many pedophiles have been around,
    or may still be around, preying on young people.

Just the other day one of the cardinals in the RCC was found to be
    a pedophile. I expect Pope Francis to have his head on a pike before
    anybody can spit. This is a break from the past, as no other pope
    has bothered to do squat.

The point is, no organization should provide shelter for pedophiles,
    much less a platform to act out their fantasies.

I don't share your optimism. I think Pope Francis' efforts have been a decent
    PR move for the Catholic church, but I'm not convinced that they made any meaningful difference.

It has made a difference. Maybe not in ways expected, but still
    a difference. Two examples -

When JPII was pope, in the USA most priests in a parish were from the
    local area. Today, with Francis as pope, most priests in a parish are
    from other lands, such as India, Philippines, Africa, etc.

When JPII travelled to foreign lands he was greeted by huge crowds.
    When Francis travelled to foreign lands he was greeted by crowds less
    than half the size who greeted JPII.

Today in the USA there are about 20,000 nuns, the average age of 80.
    Within the next 20 years, the number of nuns in the USA will be only
    a fraction of that, with less than 1,000.

Heh. Fat chance. There are currently 116 cardinal electors (including one so-far-unnamed lucky one) with far too much to lose if that happened.

When Jesus comes again, will there be anybody left who truly believes?

For Life,
    Lee

--
    What beer drinkers drink when they're not drinking beer

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Fri Aug 19 20:37:44 2022
    Hello Jeff,

The power of prayer can help a team win. Have you ever been
    invited
    That is irrelevant. The government cnnot espouse one religion
    over an
    other.

This is your answer to how widespread Republican support for forcing Christian beliefs on non-Christians is.

I do not believe you, or most other people, realize how far rightwing
    judicial supremacy has become in this country. Not even Alexander
    Hamilton could have imagined such a scene, noting his prediction in
    Federalist No.78 that the judicial branch would "always be the least
    to the political rights of the Constitution because it will be least
    in a capacity to annoy or injure them."

Hamilton could never have been more wrong.

Five hardcore ideologues - three of them appointed by Donald Trump -
    run the USSC. Not even Chief Justice John Roberts can do a thing to
    stop them, even if he wanted to.

Do you think any of those five ideologues give a rat's cocktail
    about abortion, the Second Amendment, "religious liberty" and the
    separation of church and state, climate change, civil rights,
    campaign finance, and voting rights? If you do, I have a bridge
    in New Orleans (MAGA idiots already bought the one in Brooklyn)
    to sell you.

The coach, as an employee and representative of a public school
    distr
    which is a government entity, was doing just that.
    Coaches and players can pray all they want, even if they are
    employees
    when they make a public display of it, and/or lead others in prayer
    in
    such a public display, it would be nice to think they are crossing
    the
    line. But such is not the case.

It used to be, but is not anymore. Well, sort of. Coach Kennedy and his lawyers lied to the Supreme Court about just how "private" Kennedey's prayers
    were. And the conservative majority of justices went along with that lie. Justice Sotamayor provided proof of this lie, but the USSC being what the USSC is, the decision stood.

Kennedy v. Bremerton School District, June 27, 2022. The First
    Amendment makes it okay for a football coach to kneel in prayer
    on the field with students after games.

I wonder if the USSC would have made the same decision if the
    football coach had been Muslim? Or Hindu? Or Buddhist? Or Wiccan?
    Or heaven forbid, a Satanist?

This case was just one of many. Here's another one, less than
    a week before -

Carson v. Makin, June 21, 2022. The free rights of parents who
    live in districts without public secondary schools are violated
    by a state statute that denies them tuition assistance payments
    to send their children to religious schools.

Of course, we all know none of those religious schools are Muslim,
    or any other religion other than Christian. So what does that tell
    you?

If that is not enough to convince you these five ideologues are
    showing support for their own version of a state-sponsored religion,
    here is another example -

Shurtleff v. City of Boston, May 2, 2022. The free speech rights
    of a Christian group were violated when Boston refused to let the
    group fly its flag outside city hall.

The USSC ideologues made sure the Christian group could proudly
    fly their flag. Do you think those ideologues would have made the
    same decision if the flag had been anything other than Christian?

Unless, of course, he was leading prayers for other religions,
    too, b
    seriously doubt that was the case.

Not necessarily. Especially when they end with "In Jesus' name we pray..."

Jesus told people to pray in private. Even after curing a blind guy,
    he told him to shut his mouth and not say a thing, going off into the
    field to pray in private. And what did the guy do? He spouted off his
    mouth, "I can see! I can see!"

For Life,
    Lee

--
    I won't fan the flames of hate, ~Joe Biden

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Fri Aug 19 15:53:00 2022
    If a given sport has a sufficient rate of player injuries to warrant seeking supernatural interference to bring that rate down, that rate is too high.

It is just something that some people do. The fact that it bothers you so
    much is surprising.

* SLMR 2.1a * Make Louisiana Great Again! Trump for Governor!
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Fri Aug 19 16:02:23 2022
    On 19 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    If a given sport has a sufficient rate of player injuries to warrant see supernatural interference to bring that rate down, that rate is too high
    It is just something that some people do. The fact that it bothers you
    so much is surprising.

It's pointless. Its only purpose is to publicly identify oneself with a particular religion and pressure others into joining in a religious ritual. If safety were actually a concern, there are other things that could be done and be far more effective than relying on supernatural intervention.

Jeff.

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sat Aug 20 09:50:00 2022
    It is just something that some people do. The fact that it bothers you so much is surprising.

It's pointless. Its only purpose is to publicly identify oneself with a particular religion and pressure others into joining in a religious ritual. If
    safety were actually a concern, there are other things that could be done and be far more effective than relying on supernatural intervention.

A lot of people do things/have habits that are pointless. As long as they
    are not doing them to harm me or others, it is not really my concern. I am guessing that both you and I have habits that are pointless but we do them anyway.

A lot of people, religious and not, virtue signal, too. It can be annoying
    but not usually worth my worry, so long as they are only signaling and not trying to force their beliefs on me.

I disagree with pressuring others as being part of the "only" purpose. As stated above, some people do things that are just habits. I am guessing
    that most of them really believe that it will add to their safety or
    success, much like a lucky rabbit's foot or four-leaf clover charm. Do
    those also offend you?

* SLMR 2.1a * "Mmmmmmmm.....doughnuts."
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sat Aug 20 12:46:25 2022
    On 20 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    A lot of people do things/have habits that are pointless. As long as
    they are not doing them to harm me or others, it is not really my
    concern. I am guessing that both you and I have habits that are
    pointless but we do them anyway.

There's also the notion of shibboleths, things -- usually habits or ideosyncracies -- that re used to identify people as part of the "in" group (or, conversely, an "out" group). Consequently there is pressure to practice these habits to be recognized as part of the "in" group.

A lot of people, religious and not, virtue signal, too. It can be annoying but not usually worth my worry, so long as they are only signaling and not trying to force their beliefs on me.

I agree, except that I would change "me" to "me or anyone else."

I disagree with pressuring others as being part of the "only" purpose.
    As stated above, some people do things that are just habits. I am guessing that most of them really believe that it will add to their
    safety or success, much like a lucky rabbit's foot or four-leaf clover charm. Do those also offend you?

Not as such, no. One person using these things would not be an issue. But if someone were selling such talismans by making the outright claim that they would improve one's fortune, that would be an issue. And if someone in a position of authority held pre-game ceremonies for which possession of such a talisman by each participant were required, that would also be an issue.

We don't allow people to make unproven claims when selling herbal concoctions and the like; why should we allow it for other items, including belief
    systems?

Jeff.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Sun Aug 21 08:41:21 2022

I disagree with pressuring others as being part of the "only" purpose.
    As stated above, some people do things that are just habits. I am guessing that most of them really believe that it will add to their
    safety or success, much like a lucky rabbit's foot or four-leaf clover charm. Do those also offend you?

Since the Ignorant Elitists believe that they can run your life better than you are able to, they are offended by anything they think is pointless.

... You can turn ANY conversation into one about sex!

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to JEFF THIELE on Sun Aug 21 09:31:00 2022
    We don't allow people to make unproven claims when selling herbal concoctions and the like; why should we allow it for other items, including belief systems?

I would assume because taking unproven herbal concoctions can make you sick while just hearing someone pray would not. OTOH, people who do push their beliefs too far, to the point where they are swindling people out of money, sort of like the herbal concoction salesperson, they do get in trouble.

* SLMR 2.1a * A nudist wedding makes the best man easy to identify.
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to RON L. on Sun Aug 21 09:33:00 2022
    I disagree with pressuring others as being part of the "only" purpose. As stated above, some people do things that are just habits. I am guessing that most of them really believe that it will add to their safety or success, much like a lucky rabbit's foot or four-leaf clover charm. Do those also offend you?

Since the Ignorant Elitists believe that they can run your life better than yo
    are able to, they are offended by anything they think is pointless.

Probably true. When I was younger, I was sometimes offended by the pointless habits of others, but I grew out of that when I realized that it is their
    life and that habit/belief brings them some solace. I also realized that
    I, too, likely have pointless habits and beliefs that others might find odd
    so it is best not to judge.

* SLMR 2.1a * Usually a man with flowers has deflowering in mind...
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sun Aug 21 14:15:27 2022
    On 21 Aug 2022, Mike Powell said the following...
    We don't allow people to make unproven claims when selling herbal concoc and the like; why should we allow it for other items, including belief systems?
    I would assume because taking unproven herbal concoctions can make you sick while just hearing someone pray would not.

Making one sick is the direct damage they do; the indirect damage is in convincing people that they work when they do not, causing sick people to
    rely on them instead of seeking treatment that actually works.

There have been many documented cases of people (or, sadly, parents)
    believing so strongly in divine intervention that they refuse to seek medical assistance for themselves or those for whom they are responsible.

OTOH, people who do
    push their beliefs too far, to the point where they are swindling people out of money, sort of like the herbal concoction salesperson, they do
    get in trouble.

Not nearly as often as they should.

Jeff.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Mike Powell on Sun Aug 21 14:20:37 2022
    I disagree with pressuring others as being part of the "only" purpo As stated above, some people do things that are just habits. I am guessing that most of them really believe that it will add to their safety or success, much like a lucky rabbit's foot or four-leaf clo charm. Do those also offend you?
    Since the Ignorant Elitists believe that they can run your life better t yo
    are able to, they are offended by anything they think is pointless.
    Probably true. When I was younger, I was sometimes offended by the pointless habits of others, but I grew out of that when I realized that
    it is their life and that habit/belief brings them some solace. I also realized that I, too, likely have pointless habits and beliefs that
    others might find odd so it is best not to judge.

I'm not offended by pointless activities; I'm offended by forcing or
    pressuring other people to join in your pointless activities.

I'm working on an FPGA implementation of a PDP-8. The PDP-8 is an antiquated, outdated system that virtually no one uses anymore. This could, and probably is, seen as a pointless activity by the vast majority of people. The
    difference is, I'm not forcing or pressuring others to join me in my
    pointless activity. I'm not even asking for donations to help me in my
    pursuit of my pointless activity. And I'm not claiming that it's anything
    other than pointless to anyone besides me.

Jeff.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Mon Aug 22 13:45:57 2022
    Hello Jeff,

We don't allow people to make unproven claims when selling herbal
    concoc
    and the like; why should we allow it for other items, including
    belief
    systems?
    I would assume because taking unproven herbal concoctions can make
    you
    sick while just hearing someone pray would not.

Making one sick is the direct damage they do;

Statin drugs are overprescribed by doctors not just in this country,
    but throughout the world, based on a hypothesis (an unproven thought).
    None of the claims have been verified as fact, even though the claim
    was made in the late 1940s. Yet it is known that millions of people
    have been made sick by having taken those drugs, and many have died
    prematurely and unnecessarily as a result.

the indirect damage is in convincing people that they work when they do not,

Doctors are prescribing statin drugs to healthy people, and then
    convincing those people they work when they do not, knowing full well
    that those drugs are making them sick.

causing sick people to rely on them instead of seeking treatment that actually works.

Almost all of the people being prescribed statin drugs are not
    sick, but are after they have been taking those drugs for a while.
    So what treatment would you suggest for those people are sick as
    a result of having taken those statin drugs? Their doctor would
    tell them to keep taking them - until the day they die.

There have been many documented cases of people (or, sadly, parents) believing so strongly in divine intervention that they refuse to seek medical assistance for themselves

Divine intervention for those who have no other hope might be their
    only hope (and salvation).

or those for whom they are responsible.

Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in blood transfusions.
    And refuse to allow health professionals to give them blood.
    Even if they need it in order to survive.

As a result of their belief, artificial blood has been created
    by science so that it can be used in cases where real blood cannot.

So who is to say religious folks are to blame for unnecessary deaths?

For Life,
    Lee

--
    The people! Unite! Will never be defeated!

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Jeff Thiele on Mon Aug 22 13:46:07 2022
    Hello Jeff,

[..]

I'm not offended by pointless activities; I'm offended by forcing or pressuring other people to join in your pointless activities.

I'm working on an FPGA implementation of a PDP-8. The PDP-8 is an antiquated,
    outdated system that virtually no one uses anymore. This could, and probably
    is, seen as a pointless activity by the vast majority of people. The difference is, I'm not forcing or pressuring others to join me in my pointless activity. I'm not even asking for donations to help me in my pursuit of my pointless activity. And I'm not claiming that it's anything other than pointless to anyone besides me.

Why do I play music?
    There was nothing else I was made to do.
    I was made to play music.
    And I love to play music.
    That's why I do it.
    I really can't imagine doing anything else.
    And I can't imagine not doing what I do.

Why do I write messages in FidoNet?

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Change Is Cumming

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Mike Powell on Mon Aug 22 08:04:42 2022

Probably true. When I was younger, I was sometimes offended by the pointless habits of others, but I grew out of that when I realized that
    it is their life and that habit/belief brings them some solace.

I think most people grow out of that judging. But too many keep that attitude as they get older.

I also
    realized that I, too, likely have pointless habits and beliefs that
    others might find odd so it is best not to judge.

A good example of self-awareness. Something the Ignorant Elitists lack.

... Any given program, once running, is obsolete.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Ron L. on Tue Aug 23 15:46:54 2022
    Hello Ron,

[..]

Since the Ignorant Elitists believe that they can run your life better than
    you are able to, they are offended by anything they think is pointless.

Paendila in culo da un ciuccio imbizzarrito.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Lee Lofaso on Tue Aug 23 09:03:16 2022
    On 23 Aug 2022, Lee Lofaso said the following...
    Since the Ignorant Elitists believe that they can run your life bette than
    you are able to, they are offended by anything they think is pointles
    Paendila in culo da un ciuccio imbizzarrito.

We all know that Ron means "Elitists" sarcastically and he doesn't intend for it to be taken literally.

But damn, looking at the current slate of Republican candidates, I think Ron may be more right than he knows.

Jeff.

• From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Björn Felten on Tue Aug 23 20:58:39 2022
    On 14 Aug 2022, Bj”rn Felten said the following...

Gregory Deyss -> Bj”rn Felten skrev 2022-08-14 16:33:
    Every single person who understands and supports the MAGA movement al believes to the strongest degree of the Christian Values because thes are the bedrock principles of the MAGA movement.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

your point is, what exactly?

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Gregory Deyss on Tue Aug 23 20:43:39 2022
    On 23 Aug 2022, Gregory Deyss said the following...
    Every single person who understands and supports the MAGA moveme believes to the strongest degree of the Christian Values because are the bedrock principles of the MAGA movement.
    Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.
    your point is, what exactly?

If I had to guess, I'd say:
    1 Timothy 6:10-11
    Matthew 6:24

Jeff.

• From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Apr 16 19:29:02 2024
    Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cost of less pious team?

I think GOD has a favorite Presidential candidate, that's for sure..
    (Landru - He sees. He hears. We have destroyed ourselves...)
    He's god so, he knows people, who can hook him up w/Daniels from Star Trek Enterprise. Show him the Future.
    Now You know! he ain't rooting for the other guy.
    Again, what has BIDEN accomplished?
    Never mind w/ his first and (hope to be the last) presidential term.

Are you of the Body?

.÷______ ÚÄÄÄÄ¿ ÚÄÄÄ¿ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ» ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
    _[]_³³Äij³ ³TROY³ ³HUB³ ³ Fidonet ³ ³FSX Net³ ºT R U M Pº ³Another Message³
    { NET 267 ³ ³ NY ³ ³800³ ³1:267/150³ ³21:1/127³ º 2 0 2 4 º ³ by Gregory ³ / 00ÄÄÄÄ00'Ù¨À0ÄÄ0Ù¨À0Ä0Ù¨ÀÄ00ÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨ÀÄ00ÄÄ00ÄÙ¨ÈÍ00ÍÍÍ00ͼ¨ÀÄÄÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÄÙ

... DOS=HIGH? I knew it was on something...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Capital Station BBS * Telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Gregory Deyss on Tue Apr 16 17:03:20 2024

Is GOD an American Citizen?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Jeff Thiele on Tue Apr 16 20:06:33 2024

Here is another site, you will really like. - Rocky tells Bullwinkle.

It is from the 2020's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2020s_American_state_and_local_politician s_convicted_of_crimes

{ NET 267 ³ ³ NY ³ ³800³ ³1:267/150³ ³21:1/127³ º 2 0 2 4 º ³ by Gregory ³ / 00ÄÄÄÄ00'Ù¨À0ÄÄ0Ù¨À0Ä0Ù¨ÀÄ00ÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨ÀÄ00ÄÄ00ÄÙ¨ÈÍ00ÍÍÍ00ͼ¨ÀÄÄÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÄÙ

... Error 3032 - Recursion error. See error 3032.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/201 to Gregory Deyss on Tue Apr 16 19:39:56 2024
    Is God supposed to grant favor to the more pious team at the cos less pious team?

I think GOD has a favorite Presidential candidate, that's for sure.. (Landru - He sees. He hears. We have destroyed ourselves...)

I'm lost! Who's JT? Where did that quote come from?

I'm praying for Trump every day from now until (probably a few weeks after) Election Day. I pray that he saves our country from evil, and I pray for his health and safety, and that he prevails in the bogus court hearings.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/201)
  • From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Apr 17 07:15:42 2024
    I think GOD has a favorite Presidential candidate, that's for sure.. (Landru - He sees. He hears. We have destroyed ourselves...)

I'm lost! Who's JT? Where did that quote come from?
    JT - Jeff Thiele
    The quote comes from
    Star Trek Episode The Return of The Archons
    Stardate: 3156.2
    Original Airdate: 9 Feb, 1967

I'm praying for Trump every day from now until (probably a few weeks after) Election Day. I pray that he saves our country from evil, and I pray for his health and safety, and that he prevails in the bogus court hearings.
    Me Too.

... How do I set my laser printer to stun?

• From IB Joe@1:342/201 to Gregory Deyss on Wed Apr 17 07:08:42 2024
    On 16 Apr 2024, Gregory Deyss said the following...

Destroying America

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... It said "insert disk #3", but only two will fit...

• From IB Joe@1:342/201 to Alan Ianson on Wed Apr 17 07:10:06 2024
    On 16 Apr 2024, Alan Ianson said the following...

Neither was Obama

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... If at first you don't succeed, blame your parents!

• From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to IB Joe on Wed Apr 17 13:26:18 2024

Neither was Obama

I thought the birther thing was over, no?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
  • From IB Joe@1:342/201 to Alan Ianson on Wed Apr 17 14:55:48 2024
    On 17 Apr 2024, Alan Ianson said the following...

Neither was Obama

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6

https://youtu.be/dOP5Y9OUJyk?si=d-0Zzat8EwUYYxjV

You won't need a Tinfoil hat to see the facts...

I could not be president because I'm an Immigrant... I have a daughter who was born outside of the US, but is seen as a non-immigrant, But apparently she still cannot be president.

Barry's mother was American but he was born outside the US. I have posted the video here before... Watch it..

Barry's birth certificate was fake and so is his wife.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... What do you mean, QWK? It took me over an hour to read!

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Gregory Deyss on Wed Apr 17 23:39:08 2024
    Hello Greg,

Trump's latest grifting antic - selling Bibles. KJV, rebranded
    in his own image. I wonder if he has ever read the Bible? His life
    seems to have been lived in denial of several of the commandments -
    and he also seems to have no concept of 1 Corinthians 13.

I'll let you look it up. In your own version of choice.

[..]

Everything you can imagine. And more.

Never mind w/ his first and (hope to be the last) presidential term.

Trump had his chance. Biden trounced him by over 7 million votes.
    Not only that, but Biden is ahead in ten polls, and pulling away from
    all pretenders.

Are you of the Body?

God is dead. But JB is ALIVE!

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Fox News Slogan - Rich people paying rich people
    to tell middle class people to blame poor people.

• From Lee Lofaso@2:203/2 to Alan Ianson on Wed Apr 17 23:39:16 2024
    Hello Alan,

GOD is dead.

Trump's latest grifting antic - selling Bibles.
    Truly a site to behold. King James Version, rebranded
    in his own image. Who woulda thunk it?

During this time of celebration of the resurrection
    of Jesus Christ, many Christians around the world give
    much thought and reflection to their religious beliefs.

With these meditations in mind, think of how appalling
    it must be to witness Donald Trump's latest grifting antic -
    selling Bibles.

Most, if not all, of the MAGA crowd seem to have their
    focus on only one thing - arguing abortion is one of the
    Ten Commandments. Which explains why Trump is hawking
    Bibles. KJV, rebranded in Trump's image.

Problem is, there are nine other commandments.

Trump & Co. seem to have fogotten all about those.

And let's not forget about this ooe that has been all but forgotten -

THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY

I am sure Stormy Daniels (and Melania) will remind him about that one.

For Life,
    Lee

--
    Fox News Slogan - Rich people paying rich people
    to tell middle class people to blame poor people.

• From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to IB Joe on Wed Apr 17 14:53:46 2024

This is just a lie. It was always a lie.

MAGA is nothing but lies.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/201 to Alan Ianson on Wed Apr 17 17:54:02 2024

Obama's fake birth certificate is older than MAGA.

• From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Apr 17 17:06:12 2024

Yep, it's just another tired old lie.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Lee Lofaso on Thu Apr 18 08:10:12 2024
    Lee Lofaso -> Alan Ianson skrev 2024-04-17 23:39:
    Most, if not all, of the MAGA crowd seem to have their
    focus on only one thing - arguing abortion is one of the
    Ten Commandments.

Don't forget about IVF. God loves IVF, he used it himself. Hint: Virgin Mary.

But the Christian fanatics in the MAGA Cult seem to ignore even the very first Commandment. But not to worry, if you check the new version that the Orange Bible Salesman is peddling, you'll see that it's taken care of:

Exodus Chapter 20

1 And Trump spoke all these words, saying:

2 I am the Lord thy God, who have brought thee out of the land of Bidens, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of me, without paying copyright money to me.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I, the Lord thy God, am a *jealous* God, I will strike down upon the fathers of their children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me,

6 and showing mercy unto thousands of them who love Me and keep My commandments.

7-17 Removed; it's all that shit about murder, theft, lust for your neighbour's wife and property, and more, that does not matter in the new Christian Republic of America, with Ayatollah Trumpeini as the eternal leader.

--
    Conning people is easy. You just need to overcome their intelligence. But convincing people they've been conned is much harder. You need to overcome their pride.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091121
  • From IB Joe@1:342/201 to Alan Ianson on Thu Apr 18 06:46:44 2024
    On 17 Apr 2024, Alan Ianson said the following...

What fact are you questioning??

Lets break it down and talk about it...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... APPLE: It may be slow, but at least it's expensive.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/201 to Alan Ianson on Thu Apr 18 07:20:56 2024

I'm proud of you for wanting to detect lies. Wanting to detect lies is the first step in the process.

Now for step 2, we need to actually see the birth certificate. Once we see it, and after we verify it with the appropriate county officials, then we can figure out who the liar is.

We shouldn't prejudge Obama just because he lied about Affordable Health Care. Liars don't always lie about everything, they often just lie about a few things here and there. But we need to find out for sure instead of letting either Trump or Bill Maher decide for us.

• From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to IB Joe on Thu Apr 18 19:26:02 2024

What fact are you questioning??

This birtherism is just a lie and it goes on from there. On and on.

Lets break it down and talk about it...

It's already broken down.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Apr 18 19:32:16 2024

I'm proud of you for wanting to detect lies. Wanting to detect lies is the first step in the process.

Great!

Now for step 2, we need to actually see the birth certificate. Once we see it, and after we verify it with the appropriate county officials, then we can figure out who the liar is.

Did you see GWB's birth certificate? How about Clinton?

We shouldn't prejudge Obama just because he lied about Affordable Health Care.

No need to prejudge Obama. We have his record.

The Republican party has said they are going to replce Abamacare with something better but they have nothing better.

Liars don't always lie about everything, they often just lie about a
    few thing here and there. But we need to find out for sure instead of
    letting either Trump or Bill Maher decide for us.

I pay no attention to what Trump or Maher have to say. Why should I?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6