• Before the US had their last serious economic downturn, the big three

From scarletamour@1:130/330 to Before the US had their last seriou on Wed Jun 22 04:20:46 2022
    Before the US had their last serious economic downturn, the big three
    auto manufacturers had gone towards selling more gas-guzzling trucks and
    SUVs and stopped making some of their non-truck models. Gas prices started rising, people suddenly realized they could not afford to keep that type of auto gassed up, and that is part of what lead to the downturn. https://www.scarletamour.com
    Three or so years ago, before gas was even at its cheapest, those same companies (in particular, Ford) started towards the same trend again. They
    got rid of their mid-size sedan (Fusion) and one of their smaller cars
    (Focus) in favor of performance (Mustang), one small car (Fiesta), and a
    bunch of SUV/truck flavors.

I noticed that they (the companies and consumers) were doing the same stupid thing again. While gas did go down some more, now that it has shot up, I am hoping I am not right but I don't see how that is going to work.
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Win32
    * Origin: Desert Rats Sanctuary - bbs.kn6q.org (1:130/330)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to SCARLETAMOUR on Wed Jun 22 17:01:00 2022
    Before the US had their last serious economic downturn, the big three
    auto manufacturers had gone towards selling more gas-guzzling trucks and
    SUVs and stopped making some of their non-truck models. Gas prices started rising, people suddenly realized they could not afford to keep that type of auto gassed up, and that is part of what lead to the downturn. https://www.scarletamour.com
    Three or so years ago, before gas was even at its cheapest, those same companies (in particular, Ford) started towards the same trend again. They got rid of their mid-size sedan (Fusion) and one of their smaller cars (Focus) in favor of performance (Mustang), one small car (Fiesta), and a bunch of SUV/truck flavors.

I noticed that they (the companies and consumers) were doing the same stupid thing again. While gas did go down some more, now that it has shot up, I am hoping I am not right but I don't see how that is going to work.

I think you are at least partially correct here. I have pointed this out
    in the past but most seem to ignore it. Ford, in particular.

This is a real names echo, by the way. If you are not the sysop at Desert Rat's Sancturary, you might mention it to them so they can fix their
    settings. Thanks!

* SLMR 2.1a * Spelling is a sober man's game
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)