• Absentee ballots

From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to All on Sat May 23 08:09:00 2020
    So, is there anything preventing people from going out and requesting an absentee ballot, which is already totally available to voters?

... Are you real? If you can't tell, does it matter?
    --- MultiMail/XT v0.52
    * Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:267/150 to Kurt Weiske on Sat May 23 13:13:30 2020
    So, is there anything preventing people from going out and requesting an absentee ballot, which is already totally available to voters?

Here's my problem with it:

They sent me an application in the mail (great!) but why couldn't they email
    it to me? The CDC said that the virus can stay on paper for like 3 days or something, so I don't read my mail until about a week after I get it. The
    other problem is that it has to be mailed back in.

Last election, I couldn't get people off their asses to go out & vote, and
    now this election, I need people to get a form in the mail, if they're like
    me they'll wait a week to open it, then fill out a form, take it to the post office & drop it off, then actually vote on election day.

How is it going for you?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A44 2020/02/04 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Capital Station BBS * telnet://csbbs.dyndns.org * (1:267/150)
  • From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Jun 1 09:26:46 2021
    They sent me an application in the mail (great!) but why couldn't they email it to me? The CDC said that the virus can stay on paper for like 3 days or something, so I don't read my mail until about a week after I
    get it. The other problem is that it has to be mailed back in.

Last election, I couldn't get people off their asses to go out & vote,
    and now this election, I need people to get a form in the mail, if
    they're like me they'll wait a week to open it, then fill out a form,
    take it to the post office & drop it off, then actually vote on election day.

The planning for what was the most crooked election occurred long before the election night. It all makes perfect sense, as I can remember turning on Fox News and watching Bret Baier w/ Martha MacCallum as they told us all, that "-->this year<--" things would look quite different.

This was the first indication of things start to look sour, it was also at this time a lump began to form in my throat accompanied with a tinge of pain.

First a massive amount of mail in ballots, The numbers for Biden rose very quickly, like formula 1 race car as he racked up the votes, most of these votes were for Biden leaving Trump behind. Then we were told the numbers should begin to even out when the polls opened. True, the numbers did start to even, but then we heard from the picture within a picture that there was a problem and the odds were not looking good for Trump, it was at this time within the newscast & the network started its dramatic fade & its fall from grace.
    I couldn't believe the types of things that I was hearing. I do believe they were one of the first networks to use the phrase President Elect Biden, even before any fight was even brought to bare to contest the results.

They were very strange moments and days watching Fox News, like it had a identity crisis, just like a dysfunctional family sitting around the table at a Thanksgiving Dinner, just as you would find while looking around the table,
    you just knew where people stood with their views. Fox News had this similar feeling with their programming, you just knew that certain programs would be about dread along w/ a side helping of uncertainty as the topic related to Trump and yet other shows you would hear the total opposite which was
    positive as it was optimistic, as if that part of the body was cancer free.

It was at this time, I gave Fox News double middle fingers and switched to Newsmax.

Biden began his presidency, from day 1 it has been a disaster, but we were
    told to be patient, as it was early yet and he had not even reached 100 days yet. Those 100 days have come and gone and the Biden Administration is still
    a disaster. The man is STILL a gaffe machine, he sounded & looked like a total buffoon when he was speaking to FEMA, stammering & stuttering, in-fact the
    only clear part was the last few words when he said "thats what FEMA does
    every single day".

Don't take my word for it, here is the video.
    https://tinyurl.com/um9k24v4

. ______ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿
    _[]_³³Äij³ ³ Fidonet ³ ³FSX Net³ ³ God Bless ³ ³ Another Message ³
    { NET 267 ³ ³1:267/150³ ³21:1/127³ ³ America ³ ³ by Gregory ³
    / 00ÄÄÄÄ00'-¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÄÄÙ

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/64)
  • From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Jeff Thiele on Tue Jun 22 21:08:51 2021
    On 22 Jun 2021, Jeff Thiele said the following...

On 01 Jun 2021, Gregory Deyss said the following...
    First a massive amount of mail in ballots, The numbers for Biden rose very quickly, like formula 1 race car as he racked up the votes, most these votes were for Biden leaving Trump behind.

I believe you are lying. Why? Because this isn't how things work. The results of the mail-in ballots are not released before the polls open; news coverage starts when the polls close. This is to avoid having the early results affect voting habits. You could not have seen the numbers from the mail-in ballots prior to the polls opening.

There is many issues with your logic, but this is particularly disturbing.
    Why on the election night the pundits on TV suggest that this year was going
    to look differently with mail in ballots first nothing weird about that until they suggested that such votes could be going toward and for Joe Biden.
    hmmm?

I mean why put yourself out there like that and tell us that this year it
    would look different.

Followed by polls closing and the counting and ensuring that those votes would balance out.

Did the news screw up and tell us something that we were not suppose to know. Specially when it has not happened yet, or did they know what was going to happen because it was planned.

/ 00ÄÄÄÄ00'-¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÄÄÙ

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/64)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Gregory Deyss on Tue Jun 22 08:39:29 2021
    First a massive amount of mail in ballots, The numbers for Biden rose
    very quickly, like formula 1 race car as he racked up the votes, most of these votes were for Biden leaving Trump behind.

I believe you are lying. Why? Because this isn't how things work. The results of the mail-in ballots are not released before the polls open; news coverage starts when the polls close. This is to avoid having the early results affect voting habits. You could not have seen the numbers from the mail-in ballots prior to the polls opening.

Jeff.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken, who indeed was a racist thereby proving himself right.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Cold War Computing BBS (1:387/26)
  • From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Gregory Deyss on Tue Jun 22 08:56:11 2021
    Sorry, here's the part where you claimed that you were seeing the results of the mail-in ballots prior to the polls opening:

First a massive amount of mail in ballots, The numbers for Biden rose
    very quickly, like formula 1 race car as he racked up the votes, most of these votes were for Biden leaving Trump behind. Then we were told the numbers should begin to even out when the polls opened.

Yeah, didn't happen. In fact, it happened exactly the opposite, didn't it? Trump was ahead initially, as the polls were being counted, wasn't he? And
    then the mail-in ballots were counted. This is in fact the law in many
    states; the mail-in ballots can't be touched until the poll counting is complete. And that's why Biden started to overtake Trump in the early morning hours, isn't it? And this was later used (whether dishonestly or
    incompetently) to allege election fraud by Biden.

Do you have any theories as to how your recollection of this event became so corrupted?

Jeff.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken, who indeed was a racist thereby proving himself right.

• From Jeff Thiele@1:387/26 to Gregory Deyss on Tue Jun 22 21:26:12 2021
    On 22 Jun 2021, Gregory Deyss said the following...
    There is many issues with your logic, but this is particularly
    disturbing. Why on the election night the pundits on TV suggest that
    this year was going to look differently with mail in ballots first
    nothing weird about that until they suggested that such votes could be going toward and for Joe Biden. hmmm?

Trump explicitly told his supporters not to vote by mail. He explicitly told them that voting by mail was susceptible to fraud. Is it any surprise that
    they listened to him? Would it be particularly difficult to predict that meil-in votes would favor Biden after Trump had told his supporters not to
    vote that way?

You cannot dispute that 1) no state voting results, partial or otherwise, are released until the polls in that state close, and 2) the early results
    favored Trump. Both of these are counter to your narrative of how the evening proceeded.

Here is a live blog from the election night and into the next morning, from forex.com. You can find others by Googling "live blog 2020 election," but
    what I find particularly interesting about this account is that it includes real-time commentary on how the changing totals were affecting the markets. Market analysts are quite meticulous record-keepers, and the trends mentioned can be verified; they clearly show a Trump lead early on, followed by a Biden lead later on. If your account of the evening is to be believed, then
    forex.com (and virtually every other real-time account of the election) would have to be lying, and market records would have had to have been altered
    after the fact to support that account. This is highly, highly unlikely.

https://www.forex.com/en-us/market-analysis/latest-research/live-blog-2020-elec tion/

I mean why put yourself out there like that and tell us that this year it would look different.

They're news commentators; they can say whatever they'd like.

Followed by polls closing and the counting and ensuring that those votes would balance out.

You originally said the votes would balance out once the polls *opened*.

Did the news screw up and tell us something that we were not suppose to know. Specially when it has not happened yet, or did they know what was going to happen because it was planned.

Perhaps your memory of what they said is flawed, especially considering that your memory of the event in general is also flawed. What's particularly interesting is your memory of specific emotional responses to changes in the lead, considering that your memory has it exactly backward.

This was not an event to which you were the lone eye-witness; this was an
    event simultaneously witnessed by millions of people.

Jeff.

• From Gregory Deyss@1:267/150 to Kurt Weiske on Sat Jun 26 10:32:00 2021

Because Trump and the republican side of government had consistently downplayed the extent of the coronavirus and politicized efforts to prevent the spread, exacerbating the historical trend of mail-in voting leaning toward the democratic party?

It would be wise to have a wider gaze as you look at the events that shaped the ideas and the rational thought of President Trump in the first days of
    covid-19 within the U.S. Specifically look at what the Dems did or tried to do President Trump prior to coronavirus coming to the United States.

Spied on his campaign.
    Was called illegitimate. He was impeached twice.. He also acquitted twice. because of this hatred of Trump, they bucked him nearly at every opportunity. Grilled his appointees with what looked like an very aggressive interrogation. The Democrats must be made to accept some accountability and blame, if they weren't seething in hated over Trump, then perhaps we could of attacked covid with duel minds, Republican and Democrat for the greater good of the American People.

Yet President Trump accomplished a great deal, and he does not get enough credit that all that he did get done. Operation Warp Speed if it were not for President Trump's leadership, the U.S.A. would still not have a vaccine and there would be a lot more dead here in the U.S. as well as globally as well.

You have watched Joe Biden over these past few months, do you honestly believe that we within the U.S. would have a vaccine from a mind like Joe Biden's. From everything I have seen from Joe Biden and his untalented V.P., logic
    would suggest that - it would be extremely unlikely.

/ 00ÄÄÄÄ00'-¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÙ¨€ÀÄÄ00ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ00ÄÄÄÙ --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Windows/64)