• Getting files

From Alan Beck@1:229/426.36 to all on Sat May 2 13:58:40 2020
    I notice there are files to be had around.

ALLFIX is what it is called.

Could someone explain to me what I have to do to get these files.

Also, how many files would it take to bother my Boss Node?

Alan

--- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1)
    * Origin: WinPoint (1:229/426.36)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12 to Alan Beck on Sat May 2 14:57:07 2020
    Re: Getting files
    By: Alan Beck to all on Sat May 02 2020 13:58:40

I notice there are files to be had around.

ALLFIX is what it is called.

allfix and similar tools are TIC processors... TIC files accompany files that are automatically distributed by hatching them into a FDN (File Distribution Network)...

Could someone explain to me what I have to do to get these files.

if your Boss node allows, you would talk to allfix/filefix in the same manner you talk to areafix to turn on/off echomail areas...

Also, how many files would it take to bother my Boss Node?

that depends on your Boss node operator... but generally speaking, if you enable a FDN area, you will get all new files hatched in that area just like you get all new messages that arrive in a message area... this is all automatic and handled during the tossing phase... if your Boss node has an problem with the number of files being sent, they will have configured limitations in their TIC processor but limitations like this are generally limited only to FREQing files...

FREQing files is another method of getting files... you FileREQest files individually from systems that offer them... this is also done via netmail and the file transfer is handled /during/ the connection that delivers the netmail to the system you are FREQ files from... FREQ netmails must go direct/crash to the system they are for... they are not routed because intermediate systems would lose track of where the file is destined... FREQs are point-to-point (no pun intended) between the requester and the provider...

)\/(ark
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)