• pushing further

From Alan Beck@1:229/426.36 to all on Thu Apr 23 22:31:21 2020
    I am going to have to admit that I will take on a challenge and wrestle it to the ground. I am an addict and I admit it. :-)

Need one, every day.

How do I add other networks, like Scinet?

Can I put them on a seperate part of my system?

Does it get crossed at all and important people get wee-wee'd off?

For the time being I am on WinPoint until from reading and tweaking, I can find enough reason to jump on the OpenXP bandwagon.

This point package just worked right out of the box, automajically. That says something to me. Yes there are things I need to improve or fix about it.

But, I know what I have and that is a great GUI with little maintenace.

The driving force for everyone is versatility and operational features.

Maybe contentment with this software is where I need to be right now, don't know, too soon.

Cheers,

adb

--- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1)
    * Origin: WinPoint (1:229/426.36)
  • From August Abolins@2:221/1.59 to Alan Beck on Thu Apr 23 22:27:30 2020
    Hello Alan,

On 23.04.20, you wrote to all:

How do I add other networks, like Scinet?
    Can I put them on a seperate part of my system?

Assuming you are asking about Winpoint, to add another "net", start in:

Extras/Options/Uplinks

or..

Just press <F12>/Uplinks to get there a little quicker.

You should see a "Fidostyle Uplinks" with a "fidonet" already in there. Just ADD Scinet and fill in the particulars.

Then, in "Systems" in the lower half of the window, ADD the boss system and details particular to Scinet.

Does it get crossed at all and important people get wee-wee'd off?

Huh?

For the time being I am on WinPoint until from reading and tweaking, I can find enough reason to jump on the OpenXP bandwagon.

You may as well settle with Winpoint for a while (or at least until you discover some of its shortcomings! LOL) Wait until you start delving into modifying the templates! You may find some extra tips in the PROS/CONS table that I pointed out earlier.

This point package just worked right out of the box, automajically. That says something to me. Yes there are things I need to improve or fix about it.

Winpoint is quite fine for basic FTN use. I was almost convinced myself that I was going to stick with it.

Apparently it can also be configured for UUCP ngs.

But, I know what I have and that is a great GUI with little maintenace. The driving force for everyone is versatility and operational features.

The GUI is quite modern looking. The fonts can be adjusted. But I have settled with the console-look and darker theme of OpenXP. Some behaviour of Winpoint's editor started to bother me too - such as when deleting a line. I think you may discover that for yourself rather than me trying to describe it.

Maybe contentment with this software is where I need to be right now, don't know, too soon.

Winpoint was poised to be a fine contender. Too bad it is nolonger supported. Some sections require knowledge of German.

../|ug

--- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1)
    * Origin: Please write your complaint in this box [ ] - Legibly (2:221/1.59)