• Hatching Files

From Netsurge@1:229/101 to All on Thu Jun 6 13:43:32 2019
    Does anyone know if you can hatch a file out via the command line without
    using the autohatch feature of mutil.

I want to hatch nodelist and nodediff updates for a network automatically but the extension will be different each week. Is there a wildcard option for autohatch? I have tried * and ? to no avail.

I could script changing the name in the mutil.ini file but I was hoping there was a simpler way to do this.

frank%netsurge%demonic
    disksh0p!bbs // bbs.diskshop.ca // mystic goodness
    home of SciNet // https://diskshop.ca/scinet

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: !disksh0p!bbs! bbs.diskshop.ca ! mystic goodness ! (1:229/101)
  • From Tony Langdon@3:633/410 to Netsurge on Fri Jun 7 09:01:00 2019
    On 06-06-19 13:43, Netsurge wrote to All <=-

Does anyone know if you can hatch a file out via the command line
    without using the autohatch feature of mutil.

I want to hatch nodelist and nodediff updates for a network
    automatically but the extension will be different each week. Is there a wildcard option for autohatch? I have tried * and ? to no avail.

I could script changing the name in the mutil.ini file but I was hoping there was a simpler way to do this.

My script does all of this outside of Mystic, using Linux BASH scripting. My hatching system dates back before Mystic gained file hatching capability internally, and simulates another system (using a dedicated FTN address) placing the files into Mystic's inbound.

As for the extension issue, the script writes a file with the current filename being hatched, when it finishes hatching the file, so next time it runs (and hatches) the nodelist, the old filename is available for inserting into the Replaces field or whatever other programming is required. And of course, BASH can do the wildcard searches in the directory for the current filename.

I've kept my file hatching system going, because (1) it works, and (2) it fits in with other parts of my system that run around the same time - nodelist generation, nodelist to DNS conversion, etc.

... And now for something you'll really like! -Rocky
    === MultiMail/Win32 v0.49
    --- SBBSecho 3.03-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (3:633/410)