• reconfig mystic w/o shutting down BBS

From ewong@1:153/757.23 to All on Tue Nov 16 12:54:28 2021
    Hi

I've setup Mystic BBS, and am wondering if it is possible to trigger Mystic
    BBS to reconfigure instead of me needing to take the BBS down and then start
    it again?

Thanks

Edmund

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/32)
    * Origin: Eagle's BBS (1:153/757.23)
  • From g00r00@1:129/215 to ewong on Tue Nov 16 10:52:03 2021
    Hi

I've setup Mystic BBS, and am wondering if it is possible to trigger Mystic BBS to reconfigure instead of me needing to take the BBS down and then start it again?

I'll explain how it works in the current version:

The configuration is loaded for each BBS node whenever a user connects, but the base configuration used by the servers (ie settings used by MIS itself) are only loaded when MIS starts up.

This means if you change anything specific to any of the servers or any of the system directories (which shouldn't change often) then the servers must be
    restarted.

You can change most general settings, edit groups, echomail groups/nodes, msg/file bases and so on without having to restart.

May I ask what settings in particular you want to automatically update in MIS? I'll see if I can get them to automatically recycle but some of the settings (mostly just paths and server settings) will likely always require the server to be recycled. I think the biggest pain point is that the events do not update on their own without a recycle in the current version.

... Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your trip in kilometers

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/11/06 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Sector 7 * Mystic WHQ (1:129/215)