• I Am Mother (2019)

From August Abolins@2:460/58 to Charles Pierson on Sat Oct 31 03:27:10 2020
    Hello, August Abolins.
    On 10/30/20 3:21 PM you wrote:

Started to watch the film last night. I primarily wanted to see Harrison Ford's acting. Ford seems like he's on vacation - not impressed. I got to the point where Ender is starting to play the last simulation. Not enough to enthrall me. I'll finish it later.
    I am pretty sure the book would play play better in my mind. I can appreciate the CGI effects though - quite beautiful and very well done.

It's true the book is almost always better than a movie adaptation.

In this instance, I can neither confirm nor deny the fact.

However, taken for what it is, targeted more towards tweens and younger
    teens I believe, it is enjoyable for me. Of course, I have a passion for all things science fiction and fantasy, which this falls neatly into both categories.

--
    Best regards!
    Posted using Hotdoged on Android

For something a bit more down to earth (so to speak), check out I Am Mother. I thought that was extremely well done - a nice mix of technology and philosophy - who is in control of the destiny of the human race. It's intelligent and tense.

--- tg2fido gate v0.6.1
    * Origin: Telegram to fido gate by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)
  • From Charles Pierson@1:229/426.67 to August Abolins on Fri Oct 30 19:54:59 2020
    Hello, August Abolins.
    On 10/31/20 3:27 AM you wrote:

For something a bit more down to earth (so to speak), check out I
    Am Mother. I thought that was extremely well done - a nice mix of technology and philosophy - who is in control of the destiny of
    the human race. It's intelligent and tense.

I believe I watched that one. The girl raised by a robot?

--
    Best regards!
    Posted using Hotdoged on Android
    --- Hotdoged/2.13.5/Android
    * Origin: Houston, TX (1:229/426.67)
  • From Jay Harris@1:229/664 to August Abolins on Fri Oct 30 21:59:10 2020
    On 31 Oct 2020, August Abolins said the following...

For something a bit more down to earth (so to speak), check out I Am Mother. Ithought that was extremely well done - a nice mix of technology and philosophy- who is in control of the destiny of the human race. It's intelligent andtense.

I watched this last year & thought of it often while watching Raised by Wolves which is available on HBO Max.

Jay

... Long fairy tales have a tendency to dragon

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/10/23 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Northern Realms (1:229/664)