• Work from home (was: Re: Wheelchairs and memories)

From JOE MACKEY@1:135/392 to GEORGE POPE on Tue Dec 7 05:51:48 2021
    CP wrote --

Now it's more complicated,but a similar total time, if I have to go downtown, but my job is all online now.

Great thing about working on line you don't have to get dressed up and
    look your best at work. :)
    Joe
    --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5
    * Origin: Fidonet Since 1991 www.doccyber.org bbs.docsplace.org (1:135/392)
  • From Daryl Stout@1:2320/33 to JOE MACKEY on Tue Dec 7 09:41:00 2021
    Joe,

Great thing about working on line you don't have to get dressed up
    and look your best at work. :)

But, if you have a webcam, you better have it turned away or off, if
    you're working "commando style" (nude). <G>

Daryl

... Man swallows frog. Doctors fear he might croak.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
    * Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:2320/33)
  • From George Pope@1:153/757.2 to JOE MACKEY on Wed Dec 15 11:39:16 2021
    CP wrote --

Now it's more complicated,but a similar total time, if I have to go downtown, but my job is all online now.

Great thing about working on line you don't have to get dressed up and look your best at work. :)

Define "looking my best"; if you meamn by clothing, then I agree with you!

I go from bed to my job some days, as it's only a walk around the Queen-size to my desk. I'm always on time, as I define my own hours. (ahh, respect at last! *LOL*)

Sure beats my rolling out of bed to shower, shave, get dressed, eat, then do a 2+ hour commute to work in t he old days.

Then a 2+ hour trip home later (I worked 8-8, either nights or days; 2 days, 1 night a week & I was a happy camper. Art fgirst the accountant subtracted lumch from each shift, until I pointed out to the big boss(owner) that I never take a Labour Relations Board defined lunch, since I was on call the entire time, so he emailed me & the accountant to say not to deduct lunches for me any more.
    So I got 32 hours pay/week, & 4 day weekends!

Now I work from home, pick my hours & just send in a timesheet every 2 weeks for a direct deposit of the requisite net sum.

I should be happily semi-retired, but I'm looking for something else -- a fulltime job that'll flesh out my experience in customer service, giving me the completon of my book's chapters.

Depending on how flex my shifts are at the new job, I'll likely keep doing this one, as I like the company, & it's an easy extra paycheque.

I do occasional consulting-like contract jobs for double my current hourly pay rate, to supplement * psy for extras, as they come up.

Life is good. Good is life.

Your friend,

<+]:{)}
    Cyberpope, Bishop of ROM
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757.2)