• Crowd control (was: Re: Cyberpope' back again)

From JOE MACKEY@1:135/392 to GEORGE POPE on Thu Oct 14 07:05:02 2021
    Cyberpope wrote --

While working front door at the federfal election in 2019, part of my job was security.

I can't recall ever seeing security (private or public) at a polling
    place. Maybe they were undercover, I don't know. No uniforms anyway.
    The polls open in WV at 0630 and close at 1830 or 1900. Being an early
    riser I am generally always number one or two to vote. (A woman and I sometimes alternate). :)

Stubbornness &/or escalation don't win confrontations.

I try and use humour to deescalate any problems.
    I also so reasoning, depending on the situation.
    I try to explain why the individual can or cannot do something or other
    they want to do and I stand my ground. Some times a good stare down stops them. :)
    Joe

--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.0pr5
    * Origin: Fidonet Since 1991 www.doccyber.org bbs.docsplace.org (1:135/392)
  • From George Pope@1:153/757.2 to JOE MACKEY on Fri Oct 15 13:19:40 2021

Stubbornness &/or escalation don't win confrontations.

I try and use humour to deescalate any problems.
    I also so reasoning, depending on the situation.
    I try to explain why the individual can or cannot do something or other they want to do and I stand my ground. Some times a good stare down stops them. :)

I worked at an inner city summer camp. One 7yo boy was hard. His eyes hasd the lopok of a returing Vietnam vet ("Don't even think of telling me; I f*cking KNOW!") & was a major PITA for behaviour. I'm not in a posituion, physuically, to grab a rampaging kid & separate him from the problem spot, so one time, by happenstance, I was alone with him in t he van while the rest were doing whatever & he began making words & motions like he was going to take off out of the van, knowing I couldn't chase him.

I tried humour & cajolijng to keep him in place & it worked for a wghile, unti he dercided to jusdt go for it, so I called up some tghing I never knew I had in reserve: The Dad Voice! I sternly commanced him to turnm himself around, plant his butt back in his seat & buckle up. He replied, meekly & humbled, "Yes, sir." & I never hasd a problem with him again.

The only male adults he really saw were the johns visiting his mom, who paid extra to have him forced to be in the room during the deed. (IKR, WTF???)

If I ever witnessed such, half paralyzed or not, those men will SUFFER, ideally from the painful sudden loss of their furry walnuts!

I figure them for mere children trying to show off how powerful a sexual creature they are to one who will be in awe (or grossed out, or scared, same to this kind of subhuman freak)

So I figure I could take them one on one, even half paralyzed. I'd also be speaking their crimes aloud so the mom & child would 'wake up' & realize how bad & abnormal/sick this was & join me in providing the punishment the state never will.

I miss the era I never lived in, where an entire community was part of raising a child into proper adulthood & responsible citizenship.

I did experience the part where a stranger would give my butt or head a whack if I was acting up in public. When I got home, a seconmd punishment was awaiting, often my dad & his leather belt.

I learned:
    -my parents, who were placed in direct authority over me disapproved
    -the society I was part of disapproved (nobody questioned a stranger smacking a misbehaving kid)
    -disapproval hurts.

A memory(on topic) I have I was not directly part of is, in a bygone time:

A kid steals a candy bar from the general store, gets caught by the proprieter, who takes the kid in back & cuffs him upside the head several times, then chases him out of the store.

He goes home, crying, looking for sympathy.

Dad asks, "Why you crying?"; Ked explains,. dad gives him an even harder reason to cry for:
    a) the crime
    b) dishonoring their family

This kid grows up to be a model citizen, firmly refusing to be part of any kind of theft or graft.

Today, though, as we all know, the proprieter just grabs the kid &v shoves him out the door & mommy & daddy come running with cops & lawyers!

Those kids grow up to be all kinds of criminal & all-round rotten part of society.

Seniors, who paid dearly to give us the society & benefits we enjoy, are scared to go out & buy milk after dark in the town they've lived in for 70 years!

This SUCKS!!!

I'm pretty sure the rule was understood by all in them days: hurt the thieving or vandalizing kid, yes, but don't MAIM him.

& if some lowlife comes putting obscene amounts of pressure on your daughter to 'give it up" when she doesn't want to, a posse of dad, brothers, uncles, cousins, & neighbours showed up to impress upon him the need to quickly leave town & to never be a scummy perv ever again.

Ahh, good times. . . & a better world for all(keyword) to freely pursue their chosen happinesses. . . :)

Your friend,

<+]:{)}
    Cyberpope, Bishop of ROM
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757.2)