• Bug report posted - Copy below

From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to All on Fri Jun 10 12:01:08 2022
    Hello All!

I have posted this in the echo some time back, but now it is getting dangerous.

Using file group control in mbsetup via 10.1 I now have multiple copies of MAINFRAME area - see screen shot. Only a few minutes earlier I had four copies of group LNX4 which I was trying to delete and finally did it only for 2 copies
    of area MAINFRAME.

mbsetup is now totally messing up one or more (mbse) data files for which there
    is no recovery.

This started (again) when I decided to clean up my File Groups removing the dead groups as per FILEGATE.ZXX and inactive.txt

So having had to go through each downlink and remove all from the various areas
    such as APPLEMAC, BBSSCENE, BFDS, BBBS, PASCAL FDN, SFDS, SDS, STN, TABLETS, TAURUS, W32BINKD, WINS FDN, LNX4, HAM, GED WIN FDN and ODDBALL. Then going through removing the group areas, I ending up with four copies of LNX4.

Then removing those (and yes I suspected the LNX4 name overwrote the original group names) and exited mbsetup, followed by reloading it I found two copies of
    MAINFRAME.

I posted a screen grab of this display when posting the bug report.

This is NOT the first time I have had this issue but also with 1.0.7.24 and possibly an earlier version - just cannot remember what one.

This issue on v1.0.8 on Linux Mageia v8 X64.
    I have no idea what other areas it has over written with all this and exiting mbsetup and reloading does not help.

Has there been some coding changes to the file group table and file processing from 1.0.7.22 onwards ?

I can not risk any more attempts of removing or even adding a new file
    groups to the system and will avoid even adding new file areas on a JIC basis.

File group set up's is as sick as a parrot - - .

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v8 X64/Mbse v1.0.8/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)