• Re: GCC 8.3 compiler war

From Sean Dennis@1:18/200 to James Digriz on Thu Sep 3 12:19:10 2020
    I'm guessing there's no real problem, but you'd have to audit the code
    for all the warnings to see if there's any real cause for concern. Nice weekend project, heh. I need to get up to speed on gcc-8+ to make any sense of them, myself, but I would like to hear from anyone who's
    gotten warnings and ran the code.

I have been working with Andrew to get MBSE to install correctly under Devuan Linux which I am running. I have seen several compiler warnings when compiling
    MBSE as a whole but I barely know C (I am a Pascal guy) to be able to properly audit the code. I would like to work on my C skills enough so I can bring MBSE
    up to speed but if you or anyone else who could audit these warnings could do so, that would be greatly appreciated.

--Sean

___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Maximus/2 3.01
    * Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net:10123 (1:18/200)
  • From James Digriz@1:123/755 to Sean Dennis on Fri Sep 4 11:43:51 2020
    Sean Dennis wrote to James Digriz:

I have been working with Andrew to get MBSE to install correctly under Devuan
    Linux which I am running. I have seen several compiler warnings when compiling
    MBSE as a whole but I barely know C (I am a Pascal guy) to be able to properly
    audit the code. I would like to work on my C skills enough so I can bring MBSE
    up to speed but if you or anyone else who could audit these warnings could do
    so, that would be greatly appreciated.

Must be nice not to have to deal with systemd. I've seriously considered Devuan, so I'm glad this is being done.

More hands make lighter work. I'll try to find time to study this some more soon.

jbdigriz

Greetings, James Digriz
    email: jbdigriz@bbs.dragonsweb.org

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.7.18 (GNU/Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: DragonsWeb Labs BBS 1:123/755 (1:123/755)
  • From Sean Dennis@1:18/200 to James Digriz on Sat Sep 5 16:12:06 2020
    Must be nice not to have to deal with systemd. I've seriously
    considered Devuan, so I'm glad this is being done.

It is. Devuan is turning out to be a good decision for me. Andrew and
    I have done work for MBSE to work better with Devuan. Now we need to
    get it working with systemd...

More hands make lighter work. I'll try to find time to study this some more soon.

See my next message.

--Sean

___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Maximus/2 3.01
    * Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net:10123 (1:18/200)