• Another call from a federal provider

From Victor Sudakov@2:5005/49 to All on Mon Oct 28 22:05:08 2019
    Dear All,

Just had a talk with a promoter of the "Зеленая Точка" http://zelenaya.net/ federal provider. I said I'd consider switching to them if they offered IPv6 connectivity. The nice girl at the other end of the line was very surprised and began (I could hear it) asking her colleagues what it was all about. "No, they don't have it." "No, I don't want your service now, thank you."

I sometimes receive similar calls from other federal providers, and every time their promoters are taken aback by my question about IPv6 offering.

Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
    --- GoldED+/BSD 1.1.5-b20160322-b20160322
    * Origin: Ulthar (2:5005/49)
  • From Michiel van der Vlist@2:280/5555 to Victor Sudakov on Mon Oct 28 22:19:32 2019
    Hello Victor Sudakov!

28 Oct 19 22:05:08, Victor Sudakov wrote to All:

Just had a talk with a promoter of the "Зеленая Точка"
    http://zelenaya.net/ federal provider. I said I'd consider switching to them if they offered IPv6 connectivity. The nice girl at the other end of the line was very surprised and began (I could hear it) asking her colleagues what it was all about. "No, they don't have it." "No, I don't want your service now, thank you."

I have said goodbye to a DNS provider some 5 years ago, for not implementing IPv6, but at least I did not have to explain to them wat IPv6 is...

I sometimes receive similar calls from other federal providers, and every
    time their promoters are taken aback by my question about IPv6 offering.

That is sad.. ;(

Cheers, Michiel

--- goAtEd-windows/386 1.0.5-154-a1826692
    * Origin: (2:280/5555)
  • From Alexander Kruglikov@2:5053/58 to Michiel van der Vlist on Tue Oct 29 13:13:58 2019
    Good ${greeting_time}, Michiel!

28 Oct 19 22:19, you wrote to Victor Sudakov:

Just had a talk with a promoter of the "Зеленая Точка"
    http://zelenaya.net/ federal provider. I said I'd consider switching
    to them if they offered IPv6 connectivity. The nice girl at the other
    end of the line was very surprised and began (I could hear it) asking
    her colleagues what it was all about. "No, they don't have it." "No,
    I don't want your service now, thank you."
    MvdV> I have said goodbye to a DNS provider some 5 years ago, for not
    MvdV> implementing IPv6, but at least I did not have to explain to them
    MvdV> wat IPv6 is...

I have long had my own DNS servers with blackjack and whores, but I use afraid.org as a secondary DNS. Everything is fine with it =)

Moreover, when, due to incorrect settings, my domains did not pass the test on dnsviz.net, I wrote a letter advising me to use several options in named.conf and they immediately applied them.

PS: This is not an advertisement :-D

With best regards, Alexander.

--- "GoldED+/BSD 1.1.5-b20180707" ---
    * Origin: 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, Hmmm... (2:5053/58)
  • From Jeff Smith@2:250/1 to Victor Sudakov on Tue Oct 29 15:43:32 2019
    Hello Victor,

Just had a talk with a promoter of the "Зеленаn Тоtка" http://zelenaya.net/ federal provider. I said I'd consider switching to them if they offered IPv6
    connectivity. The nice girl at the other end of the line was very surprised an
    began (I could hear it) asking her colleagues what it was all about. "No, they
    don't have it." "No, I don't want your service now, thank you."
    I sometimes receive similar calls from other federal providers, and every time
    their promoters are taken aback by my question about IPv6 offering.

I have had similar experiences here in the US regarding IPv6 usage. When asking questions of the support person. I can tell that they are reading what they are saying from a written page. That and their tendency to put me on hold or to transfer me to someone else.

Jeff

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: Fidonet: The Ouija Board - Anoka, MN - bbs.ouijabrd.net
  • From Michiel van der Vlist@2:280/5555 to Jeff Smith on Thu Oct 31 00:55:19 2019
    Hello Jeff,

On Tuesday October 29 2019 15:43, you wrote to Victor Sudakov:

I have had similar experiences here in the US regarding IPv6 usage.
    When asking questions of the support person. I can tell that they are reading what they are saying from a written page. That and their
    tendency to put me on hold or to transfer me to someone else.

Obviously we still have a long way to go. Fortunately I see progress here. The big providers (fixed not mobile) all have their core network IPv6 capable and the CPE that they issue is now all IPv6 capable. The blank stare when I mention "IPv6" is also a thing of the past. Mostly.

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20170303
    * Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)