• Home Office Plant Suggestions

From Charles Pierson@1:153/757.26 to All on Sun Nov 22 09:32:48 2020

Hello, All.

This is an article that I found interesting for ideas for plants if you have a home office.

Gardening Know How Home › Houseplants › General Houseplant Care Home Office Plants – Growing Indoor Plants For Home Office Spaces General Houseplant Care By: Mary H. Dyer, Credentialed Garden Writer Image by KatarzynaBialasiewicz If you work at home, you may want to use plants to liven up a bland workspace. Having living plants in your home office can make days more pleasant, boost your mood, and increase your productivity. Read on for suggestions on home office plants to consider. Indoor Plants for Home Offices Choosing plants for workspaces in your home is similar to that of any houseplant you have. Freestar Consider growing conditions, such as available light and space, when choosing houseplants for a home office. Generally, plants for workspaces are relatively compact, but in the home nearly anything goes. Most require little care and tolerate occasional neglect. Here are a few suggestions for home office space plants. Pothos (Epipremnum): A popular office plant for good reason. It’s a lovely, fast growing plant that cascades gracefully from hanging baskets or high shelves. Pothos tolerates both shady corners and sunny windows. It likes to be watered every few days but will survive an occasional period of dryness. English ivy (Hedera helix): Requires very little attention once the roots are established. Although English ivy is good for cool, air conditioned offices and thrives in filtered bright light to low light, this woodland plant doesn’t do as well with direct, intense sunlight or dramatic temperature swings. ZZ plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia): This plant is enjoyed for its shiny, dark green leaves. Super hardy, it prefers moderate to bright light but tolerates low light or fluorescent bulbs. Periods of drought are also okay but, ideally, ZZ plants should be watered when the top two inches (5 cm.) of potting mix feel dry to the touch. Snake plant (Sansevieria): Also known as mother-in-law’s tongue, this is a distinctive plant with stiff, upright leaves. The plant can go a long time without w
    ater and, as a rule, monthly irrigation is plenty. Snake plant, which tolerates both heat and air conditioning, is a good choice for a shady corner. Rex begonia (Begonia rex cultorum): An exotic, colorful plant that is surprisingly easy to grow. Although you may occasionally be awarded with a pretty bloom, rex begonia is valued for its interesting foliage. While it doesn’t appreciate intense light, it needs moderate or bright indirect light to bring out the bold colors in the leaves. Water only when the soil feels dry to the touch. Cactus: Cactus, as well as other succulent plants, is always one of the best office space plants. Choose from a huge range of colors, forms, and sizes then water sparingly. Ensure the cactus gets plenty of direct sunlight. Freestar These, of course, are merely suggestions. Depending on your available space, indoor conditions, and personal preferences, you could even include a potted tree or other large floor plant, like citrus, rubber tree plant, parlor palm and dracaena.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Home Office Plants – Growing Indoor Plants For Home Office Spaces https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/hpgen/indoor-plants-for-home-offic e.htm

--
    Best regards!
    Posted using Hotdoged on Android
    --- Hotdoged/2.13.5/Android
    * Origin: Houston, TX (1:153/757.26)
  • From August Abolins@2:221/1.58 to Charles Pierson on Sun Nov 22 14:54:00 2020
    Hello Charles!

** On Sunday 22.11.20 - 09:32, Charles Pierson wrote to All:

Hello, All.

This is an article that I found interesting for ideas for plants if you have a home office.

Gardening Know How Home › Houseplants › General Houseplant Care Home Office Plants – Growing Indoor Plants For Home Office Spaces General Houseplant Care By: Mary H. Dyer, Credentialed Garden Writer Image by KatarzynaBialasiewicz If you work at home, you may want to use plants to

That one was not appealing to read on fidonet:

http://pics.rsh.ru/img/handg_1ky4oypg.jpg

Perhaps a few paragraph breaks would be nice.

--
    ../|ug

--- OpenXP 5.0.47
    * Origin: (2:221/1.58)
  • From Charles Pierson@2:221/6.21 to August Abolins on Sun Nov 22 16:15:35 2020
    Hello, August Abolins.
    On 11/22/20 2:54 PM you wrote:

Hello Charles! ** On Sunday 22.11.20 - 09:32, Charles Pierson
    wrote to All:
    Hello, All. This is an article that I found interesting for ideas
    for plants if you have a home office. Gardening Know How Home ›
    Houseplants › General Houseplant Care Home Office Plants –
    Growing Indoor Plants For Home Office Spaces General Houseplant
    Care By: Mary H. Dyer, Credentialed Garden Writer Image by
    KatarzynaBialasiewicz If you work at home, you may want to use
    plants to
    That one was not appealing to read on fidonet:

It would depend on the software more than strictly Fidonet.
    HotdogEd is a Fido Point and NNTP reader, and so far the points read OK.

I logged on to a couple of different BBSes via Telnet that carry this echo, and you're right, the Paragraph and line breaks are odd, but it is readable.

I don't have a synchronet web forum to this echo, so I can't tell there.

But yes, some fine tuning could be done.

Perhaps a few paragraph breaks would be nice.
    --
    ../|ug
    --- OpenXP 5.0.47 * Origin: (2:221/1.58)

--
    Best regards!
    Posted using Hotdoged on Android
    --- Hotdoged/2.13.5/Android
    * Origin: Houston, Tx (2:221/6.21)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Charles Pierson on Mon Nov 23 02:26:08 2020
    Hello Charles,

I don't have a synchronet web forum to this echo, so I can't tell
    there.

It will be at trmb.ca soonish. I have a couple clean-up details to deal with and this is among them.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)