• Budget Snacks

From David Smith@1:123/180 to All on Mon May 16 16:02:02 2022
    Hey y'all,

With all the rising costs of everything I'm finding myself trying to budget my grocery list so I can afford to buy gas to get to/from work! This past weekend I had a severe case of the munchies so I'm digging through the internet looking for some snack ideas that might fit the limited supply of items in my pantry! I got excited when I saw a 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe, only to find I had no peanut butter! Anyway, I thought I'd ask can you guys share some recipes for some low cost / few ingredient snack ideas? I'll start with the peanut butter cookie recipe I found:

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
    ------------------------------------
    (source: https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/3-ingredient-peanut-butter-cookies/)

Ingredients:
    1 cup creamy peanut butter no sugar added
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 large eggs

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degres F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
    Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl using an electric mixer or spoon until smooth and creamy. Roll mixture into small balls and arrange on a baking sheet; flatten each with the back of a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
    Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack for a few more minutes.

... Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Daves BBS (1:123/180)