• Are You Related to a Saint?

From Mike Dippel@3:640/1321 to All on Wed Mar 16 10:22:48 2022

Thanks to http://wikitree.com, this week's featured notifications are my
    * Origin: The File Bank BBS! (3:640/1321)
  • From Shaun Buzza@1:229/110 to Mike Dippel on Wed Mar 16 12:14:16 2022
    Well, I saw my mom making out with Saint Nicholas a lot when I was young, almost as if she was sharing a bed with him...does that count? (o_-)

McDoob
    SysOp, PiBBS
    pibbs.sytes.net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: PiBBS (1:229/110)
  • From Mike Dippel@3:640/1321 to All on Wed Mar 16 10:12:58 2022
    Thanks to http://wikitree.com, this week's featured notifications are my relationships to
    people who have achieved sainthood.
    I am:

49 degrees from Patrick ap Calpurnius - Happy Saint Patty's Day

28 degrees from Tommaso d'Aquino
    St. Thomas Aquinas is a Saint and Doctor of the Catholic Church and Philosopher. He
    was a teacher in Cologne, Paris, Rome, and Naples. He is called "Doctor Angelicus".
    16 degrees from Alfred Bessette
    a lay brother of the Congregation of Holy Cross and a significant figure of the Roman
    Catholic Church among French-Canadians, credited with thousands of reported miraculous oil healings associated with his pious devotion to Saint Joseph.

31 degrees from Titus Brandsma
    Blessed Titus Brandsma will be canonized at St. Peter˙s Rome on Sunday 15th May 2022.
    21 degrees from Katherine Drexel
    Mother Katharine Marie Drexel, the founder of the Catholic Sisters of the Blessed
    Sacrament, was beatified in Rome on November 20, 1988 by Pope John Paul II. She was canonized and declared a Saint on October 1, 2000 in Saint Peter's
    Square,
    Vatican City by Pope John Paul II. Saint Katherine's Feast day is March 3 and she is the
    Patron Saint of racial justice and philanthropists.
    27 degrees from Isaac Jogues
    Isaac Jogues, S.J. was a French missionary and martyr who traveled and worked among
    the Iroquois, Huron, and other Native populations in North America. He was the first
    European to name Lake George, calling it Lac du Saint Sacrament
    60 degrees from Maksymilian Kolbe
    The German Nazis brought Maximilian Kolbe to the concentration camp of Auschwitz. He
    arrived at the 29th May 1941 in the camp and he was registered as prisoner number
    16670, and on the 10th of October 1982 the Polish pope, John Paul II, canonized him as
    Saint Maximilian Kolbe.
    41 degrees from Th˙r˙se Martin
    St. Th˙r˙se of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face. Discalced Carmelite nun. Canonized
    May 17, 1925 by Pope Pius XI. On October 19, 1997, declared a Doctor of the Church,
    by Pope John Paul II. One of only four females with that title.
    26 degrees from Mary MacKillop
    Mary Helen MacKillop RSJ also known as St Mary of the Cross MacKillop, is the only
    Australian to be recognized by the Catholic Church as a saint.[1] Mary and the Reverend
    Julian Tenison Woods founded the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart, a congregation of religious sisters who established a number of schools and
    welfare
    institutions throughout Australia. On 17 July 2008 Pope Benedict XVI prayed at her
    tomb. Pope Benedict XVI approved the Catholic Church's recognition of a second miracle
    attributed to her intercession 19 December 2009. St. Mary MacKillop was canonized on
    17 October 2010 during a public ceremony in St Peter's Square at the Vatican. 19 degrees from Elizabeth Ann Seton
    Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton was the first person born in (what would become) the United
    States to be canonized as a saint by the Roman Catholic Church.
    28 degrees from Birgitta Birgersdotter
    Bridget of Sweden born as Birgitta Birgersdotter, also Birgitta of Vadstena, or Saint
    Birgitta, was a mystic and saint, and founder of the Bridgettines nuns and monks after
    the death of her husband of twenty years.
    Mike Dippel

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/64)
    # Origin: Mystic Hobbies BBS (954:895/1)
    * Origin: The File Bank BBS! (3:640/1321)