• post facto inclusion of ObPuns to CONTEST post

From George Pope@1:153/757 to All on Tue May 31 09:58:56 2022
    Oops; I, your fallibull Moderator, forgot to include ObFunny to my last post. . .

Yes, this Pope admits to being fallible, but I'm improving on that front with age. . . (or vice-versa & I'm tool durned old & senile to know the difference?)

hmm, right. . contests as a topic:

My wife and I have contests to see who can scream ôNO!ö louder, but she always wins.
    She noÆs better than me.

Q: Why do people from Norway always win against Englishpeople in tear-shedding contests?
    A: Because crying is gråter in Norwegian.

Two sketchers had an art contest.
    It ended in a draw.

Q: 10 puns entered a contest. Who won you ask? A: No pun in ten did

[It's ancient and I'm almost ashamed to have included it, but c'est la vie.]

A meat-loving king has a contest to find the next royal chef A meat-loving king has a contest to find the next royal chef. He invites 3 renowned chefs from all over the kingdom to serve him and the favorite will become the new royal chef!

The first chef serves the king an enormous rack of ribs. "Very impressive," said the king.

The second chef serves a huge steak, cooked to perfection. "So satisfying," said the king.

The third chef gives the king a plate with small rocks on a bed of shredded cabbage. "What the hell is this," the king asks.

The third chef says, "These rocks fell from the sky into my back yard. Indeed, ribs and steak are very meaty, but asteroids are meteor!"

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Daryl Stout@1:2320/33 to George Pope on Wed Jun 1 11:40:00 2022
    George,

The third chef says, "These rocks fell from the sky into my back yard. Indeed, ribs and steak are very meaty, but asteroids are meteor!"

Cue the music for "Starry, Starry Night". <G>

And, to go with the tagline below, "When told to cut carbs, I sliced
    a pizza"...because "MNP-5 means 'modem needs a 5 topping pizza'".

Daryl

... I burned 500 calories at lunch; left a pizza in the oven.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Win32
    * Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas (1:2320/33)
  • From George Pope@1:153/757 to Daryl Stout on Thu Jun 2 16:14:34 2022
    George,
    The third chef says, "These rocks fell from the sky into my back yard.
    Indeed, ribs and steak are very meaty, but asteroids are meteor!"
    Cue the music for "Starry, Starry Night". <G>
    And, to go with the tagline below, "When told to cut carbs, I sliced
    a pizza"...because "MNP-5 means 'modem needs a 5 topping pizza'".

I'd've thought it would be Modemmer needs a 5-topping pizza. . .

My modem does not eat better than I do, EVER! That's Rule #1 (ok, they're all numbered #1!)

My modem can't complain, I give it plenty of bytes. When I bought a 2Tb external drive, I had it full inside of two months, even though technically I only have a download bandwidth cap of 50Mb (10Mb per available email-an old dial-up definition of their product, I think -- they took off limits during covid, so I've been having fun, pulling down gigs &gigs, & the occasional Tera. . .)

Price is right -- with TV & a phone line (for my fax), I pay about $100/mo for unlimited bandwidth at 300Mbps speed (quite adequate, I find)

I use my mobile for all my long distance calls, using Skype for international calling (for free, when doing it for work on their Skype account) I can call anywhere in USA & Canada included in my mobile plan, but I don't call much beyond what I do for work. . . I already had a skype plan allowing me unlimited calling to phones in US & Canada for $25/year (not too shabby - I run Skype on my Mobile & use my bluetooth in my war -- & voila! I'm talking to whomever I need to, in perfect convenience & no extra charges & no lag time during the calls. .

Man, how well I remember one phone tied to the wall at one location only, with a 3-foot cord to give you that much room to move while chatting on the phone.

Then came longer cords & one could finally go around the corner &sit while on the phone,. then I missed it, but we had phones that could plug into anywhere in your house, then we had portable handsets for these landline phones. . .

Then the joy of party lines, to save $5/mo. .. & listen in on the neighbours who listen in on your calls. . . teenage me always hoping to get a teen girl on the line talking dirty with her girlfriends on the phone (never happened,of course, just her granny talking about her hemorrhoid cream bunching up in the wrinkles of her butt!); served me right, I know! LOL

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)