• The 15 Commandments

From George Pope@1:153/757 to Daryl Stout on Tue Mar 29 11:13:58 2022
    T H E F I F T E E N C O M M A N D M E N T S
    As originally laid down by Mathew Prosper, Sysop of THE MATRIX BBS,
    [ ... ]
    XV Thou shalt have FUN. This one doesn't take a Ph.D to figure out.
    It's the whole point of having a BBS! ENJOY!

Thank you! Got 'em!

Have you ever read the BOFH series? (Bastard Operator from Hell); "Operator" is the old term for a sysadmin/sysop. Then it became the term for what we nowcall a user, now you can't even get one on the phone any more!

He's a sysadmn who has discovered how to take over the entire company from his little CSI office/closet. He gets bored & deletes imnportant reports & other data randomnly, jusat to get calls from l-users who he can then torment in new
    & cruel ways (he's a right bastard, thus the title); google him up -- there's a few repositories of the series, including the recent reboot with him(creator) writing new epoisodes. . .

It auses me, as I can picture wanting to do all that stuff (I never would -- I'm just happy to know I could, if I really wanted to!)

I could be being tormented from every direction, then have a little giggle, as I recall a 'solution' the BOFH used.

I asked a sysop why my post was taken down; He said because my fence has fallen down.

System administrators should be called LANlords.

Q: What kind of fax machine did the Trump Administration use? A: An alternative facts machine.

The Social Security Administration
    Is ASS backwards.

Q: What made George Washington so unique as a president? A: He's the only president who didn't try blaming the previous administration for his mistakes in office.

Bonus off-topic:

President John Tyler may have been the father of the Dad Joke Some Background Info

On March 4, 1841, William Henry Harrison became the 9th President of the United States, with John Tyler as his VP. Exactly one month later, Harrison died, leaving Tyler as the 10th President of the United States. Tyler was elected as a Whig, but chose many Democrats to work in his administration, and often made decisions in the Democratic favor. This made the Whig party angry, and while the Democrats liked some of his actions, they didn't love him. At the end of his presidency, the Whigs were not going to support reelection efforts, and the democrats just liked other people more. This earned him the nickname, "The President Without A Party."

The Dad Joke

At the very end of his presidency, Mrs. First Lady wanted to have celebration. She invited lots of people over, and they all had a good time on Tyler's lawn. Tyler stood on his balcony, looking over all the people have a joyous time when he announced, "Never again can anybody say that I was a president without a party!" and giggled his way into retirement.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)