• Monochrome mode

From Carlos Navarro@2:341/66.3463 to All on Wed Apr 7 14:29:52 2021
    Hi,

First of all, thank you Fmail developer(s) for maintaining this great tosser.

I'm having a small issue: I cannot make FConfig-W32 (2.0.1.2) in monochrome mode.

I've tried both selecting Monochrome mode in the UI and using the /M parameter. None of this work for me -- I always have the selected colour set.

:: Carlos ::

--- FMail-W32 2.0.1.4
    * Origin: cyberiada point (2:341/66.3463)
  • From Wilfred van Velzen@2:280/464 to Carlos Navarro on Wed Apr 7 15:20:09 2021
    Hi Carlos,

On 2021-04-07 14:29:52, you wrote to All:

First of all, thank you Fmail developer(s) for maintaining this great tosser.

Thanks! (And there is only me.)

I'm having a small issue: I cannot make FConfig-W32 (2.0.1.2) in monochrome mode.

I've tried both selecting Monochrome mode in the UI and using the /M parameter. None of this work for me -- I always have the selected colour set.

Your observation is correct. Monochrome mode is not supported in the current version. It uses some (conio) functions that were only available in the Borland compiler that was used by the original author. I'm currently using the mingw compiler where I use a limited set of conio "emulation" functions.

(I should have disabled/hidden the Monochrome setting)

Btw: Do you really need it?

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
    * Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)
  • From Carlos Navarro@2:341/66.3463 to Wilfred van Velzen on Wed Apr 7 20:00:35 2021
    Hi Wilfred,

07 Apr 21 15:20, you wrote to me:

Your observation is correct. Monochrome mode is not supported in the current version. It uses some (conio) functions that were only
    available in the Borland compiler that was used by the original
    author. I'm currently using the mingw compiler where I use a limited
    set of conio "emulation" functions.

(I should have disabled/hidden the Monochrome setting)

Btw: Do you really need it?

Not really, but I'd prefer a somewhat less colourful scheme. Some of the texts are hard to read for me, like e.g. grey on green (Summer), white on light grey (Winter) or dark blue on light blue (Marine). I suppose they worked fine with CRT screens...

Anyway, nevermind, I can live with it. Just wanted to know if I was missing something.

:: Carlos ::

--- FMail-W32 2.0.1.4
    * Origin: cyberiada point (2:341/66.3463)