• I need help please

From Gary Mcculloch@1:298/29 to All on Wed Apr 17 11:20:33 2019
    I am at 1:154/50 and when I post, nothing makes it past my Boss who is 1:322/756 and its drving me crazy. Carlos sent an email request to have this looked into about a week ago. I am getting messages in, but they are not making out past his Mystic Server. So I am coming here in hopes this make it out and someone has a fix or ideas for us?
    --- CNet/5
    * Origin: CheckSum Acknowledged BBS, Norcatur, KS (1:298/29)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Gary Mcculloch on Wed Apr 17 12:13:44 2019
    I am at 1:154/50 and when I post, nothing makes it past my Boss who is 1:322/756 and its drving me crazy. Carlos sent an email request to have this looked into about a week ago. I am getting messages in, but they are not making out past his Mystic Server.

So they are arriving at your link but are not getting tossed there? If that is the case maybe your link can check the log and see what the error is?

So I am coming here in hopes this make it out and someone has a fix or ideas for us?

This one made it out fine. There must be an error of some kind, I suspect your links logs will provide the answer, or at least a clue.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Gary Mcculloch on Thu Apr 18 00:37:07 2019
    I am at 1:154/50

my Boss who is 1:322/756

Well, you sure seem to have some serious node number confusion.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101125
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)
  • From Fabio Bizzi@2:335/364.1 to Bj”rn Felten on Thu Apr 18 08:36:58 2019
    Hello Bj”rn!

18 Apr 19 00:37, you wrote to Gary Mcculloch:

I am at 1:154/50

my Boss who is 1:322/756

Well, you sure seem to have some serious node number confusion.

Maybe he's posting from another node (BBS?) because he can't from the one he owns? :)

Ciao!
    Fabio

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: ]\/[imac Rebirth Boss Point (2:335/364.1)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12.73 to Gary Mcculloch on Thu Apr 18 11:16:18 2019

On 2019 Apr 17 11:20:32, you wrote to All:

I am at 1:154/50 and when I post, nothing makes it past my Boss who is 1:322/756 and its drving me crazy.

wait, what? that's not your 'boss'... boss nodes are for points... maybe they are your feed instead?

Carlos sent an email request to have this looked into about a week
    ago.

they should be able to look at their logs and see why... maybe a bad packet password or possibly in compatible archiver if you are sending bundles instead of raw PKTs...

I am getting messages in,

so it is working one way... if there's a password in place, one of you may have it and the other not...

but they are not making out past his Mystic Server. So I am coming
    here in hopes this make it out

well, you did post from someone else's system ;)

and someone has a fix or ideas for us?

use the logs, luke... use the logs...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
    Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong...
    ... Famous Last Words: "Go away! I'm all right!" - H G Wells
    ---
    * Origin: (1:3634/12.73)
  • From Gary Mcculloch@1:298/29 to All on Thu Apr 18 11:21:25 2019
    No confusion. I am using this BBS to post this message. Checksum's FidoNet is
    working. My Boss, 1:322/756 is who I poll from. My packets make it to his system and they go out to who ever polls him, but not any further up the line.
    My Fidonet address is 1:154/50 and Fidonet packets make it in, but my reply or
    popsts do not make it out.

I do poll 4 networks from him. RetroNet, CommodoreNet, ArakNet and FidoNet. Fidonet is the only network that my posts/responces are not getting out.

I am almost to the point where I may request a different boss to poll from. Although 1:322/756 Carlos is a good friend and he spent a lot of time helping me set up the 4 networks and offered to be my boss for all 4.
    --- CNet/5
  • From Richard Menedetter@2:310/31 to Gary Mcculloch on Fri Apr 19 09:37:32 2019
    Hi Gary!

18 Apr 2019 11:21, from Gary Mcculloch -> All:

My Boss, 1:322/756 is who I poll from. My packets make it to his
    system and they go out to who ever polls him, but not any further up
    the line. My Fidonet address is 1:154/50 and Fidonet packets make it
    in, but my reply or popsts do not make it out.

??? You only have a boss node if you are a point.
    You just said you are 1:154:50 ... then you do not have a boss node!

If your packets get accepted by the node you route them to, then it is his issue.
    Let him check his logs.
    They should explain what is going on.

I do poll 4 networks from him. RetroNet, CommodoreNet, ArakNet and FidoNet. Fidonet is the only network that my posts/responces are not getting out.

If they are sent successfully to his system, then it is a config error on his side.
    The LOGs will tell the truth of what is happening.

CU, Ricsi

... Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer.
    --- GoldED+/LNX
    * Origin: I used to jog, but the ice kept falling out of my glass (2:310/31)
  • From Ward Dossche@2:292/854.1 to Gary Mcculloch on Fri Apr 19 10:24:09 2019
    Gary,

No confusion. I am using this BBS to post this message. Checksum's FidoNet is working. My Boss, 1:322/756 is who I poll from. My packets make it to his system and they go out to who ever polls him, but not any further up the line. My Fidonet address is 1:154/50 and Fidonet packets make it in, but my reply or popsts do not make it out.

In which case it is a problem at your uplink. Let him deal with it.

If no sollution is reached you may need another uplink or even migrate into another net.

The thing is the problem should replicate for every other downlink of that uplink. Any other people noticing that "something"?

Other people here will most likely tell you the same.

Ward
    --- AfterShock/Android 1.6.8
    * Origin: Baby-Glacier (2:292/854.1)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Gary Mcculloch on Fri Apr 19 09:14:04 2019
    Hi Gary,

No confusion. I am using this BBS to post this message. Checksum's FidoNet
    working. My Boss, 1:322/756 is who I poll from. My packets make it to his
    system and they go out to who ever polls him, but not any further up the line.
    My Fidonet address is 1:154/50 and Fidonet packets make it in, but my reply or

I am almost to the point where I may request a different boss to poll from. Although 1:322/756 Carlos is a good friend and he spent a lot of time
    helping
    me set up the 4 networks and offered to be my boss for all 4.

First suggestion is to make sure Fidonet is your main network, then make the _other_ networks you belong to an AKA. With some software that can make a difference, I've seen that many times.

Also, I know from an email that your uplink has been pretty sick recently.. so that's probably why he hasn't been able to answer your emails, or netmails.

Are you running Argus or BinkD for your outgoing mailer? If you are running either of those, you can send me your config file (send it to janis@filegate.net) and I'll take a look at it. It's probably something simple causing you problems :)

Take care,
    Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
  • From Ward Dossche@2:292/854 to Janis Kracht on Sat Apr 20 00:39:13 2019

Janis,

Are you running Argus or BinkD for your outgoing mailer? If you are running either of those, you can send me your config file (send it to janis@filegate.net) and I'll take a look at it. It's probably something simple causing you problems :)

I think you must've overlooked when he explained bundles are going out and are being processed by the uplink. No?

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99 SR41
    * Origin: Ceci n'est pas un courriel (2:292/854)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Ward Dossche on Fri Apr 19 20:22:14 2019
    Hi Ward,

Are you running Argus or BinkD for your outgoing mailer? If you are
    running either of those, you can send me your config file (send it to
    janis@filegate.net) and I'll take a look at it. It's probably something
    simple causing you problems :)

I think you must've overlooked when he explained bundles are going out and are
    being processed by the uplink. No?

Most recently he stated this:

my reply or
    ^^^
    I do poll 4 networks from him. RetroNet, CommodoreNet, ArakNet and FidoNet. >Fidonet is the only network that my posts/responces are not getting out.

That is why I mentioned making sure Fidonet is the main nodenumber and others are AKAs.

Take care,
    Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
  • From Charles Stephenson@1:226/17 to Björn Felten on Fri Apr 26 17:29:13 2019
    Re: I need help please
    By: Bj”rn Felten to Gary Mcculloch on Fri Apr 26 2019 04:37 pm

Some additional nodes have been added (the above list is rather old). Any sysop that think that your system handles *all* active FidoNet echoes on the FidoWeb, please contact me.

I'm getting the full fido feed, as well as the full filebone. So is 1:299/428 (my hub)
    Regards,
    KrUpTiOn
    --- SBBSecho 3.07-Linux
    * Origin: The New Frontier ][ BBS(frontierbbs.net) - [Ohio] (1:226/17)