• Jeff Smith?

From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to All on Mon Nov 30 16:10:38 2020
    Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if Jeff Smith is away or having problems? I haven't been able to connect with his system in a day or so... I hope he's just enjoying family this time of year...

Take care,
    Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
  • From Jeff Smith@2:250/1 to Janis Kracht on Sun Dec 6 11:01:52 2020
    Hello Janis,

Does anyone know if Jeff Smith is away or having problems? I haven't been abl
    to connect with his system in a day or so... I hope he's just enjoying family
    this time of year...

A little of both it would seem. I have been rather physically limited, the last couple weeks especially. Sitting and/or standing has been a major task and quite painful. And short of going straight to the hospital. Trying to make a "In Person" doctor's appointment has been next to impossible. They suggest making an appointment online. Trouble is it result's in an error and they suggest "Trying Again Later". <sigh>

I ended up having to setup and making SSH connections to the PC's involved to address any issues until I am more somewhat more functional.

Jeff

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
    * Origin: Fidonet: The Ouija Board - Anoka, MN - bbs.ouijabrd.net
  • From Bob Roberts@1:218/840 to Jeff Smith on Sun Dec 6 13:10:59 2020
    last couple weeks especially. Sitting and/or standing has been a major task and quite painful. And short of going straight to the hospital.

Sounds awful. I hope you feel better.

... What's the speed of dark?
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Halls of Valhalla =-= Happy Holidays (1:218/840)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Jeff Smith on Sun Dec 6 19:49:02 2020
    Hi Jeff,

Does anyone know if Jeff Smith is away or having problems? I haven't been ab
    to connect with his system in a day or so... I hope he's just enjoying famil
    this time of year...

A little of both it would seem. I have been rather physically limited, the las
    couple weeks especially. Sitting and/or standing has been a major task and quite painful. And short of going straight to the hospital. Trying to make a "In Person" doctor's appointment has been next to impossible. They suggest making an appointment online. Trouble is it result's in an error and they suggest "Trying Again Later". <sigh>

That is sad. The docs over here have started doing that here as well... I had a voice/telephone app't recently which at least let me get updates on prescriptions...

I ended up having to setup and making SSH connections to the PC's involved
    to
    address any issues until I am more somewhat more functional.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jeff. Here's hoping things look better soon.

Take care,
    Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)