• Re: 'It Can't Happen Here

From TIM RICHARDSON@1:123/140 to GREGORY DEYSS on Thu Aug 8 17:20:00 2019
    On 08-07-19, GREGORY DEYSS said to WARD DOSSCHE:

On 05 Aug 2019, Ward Dossche said the following...

So no, I do not think your newspaper clipping stands up, I think it
    f WD> GD> flat and makes what your trying to say looking like a fool.

I just spent about a month in the greater Yakima area, Washington. It seemed to me Spanish is the main language there.

Plus I encounter less and less hardcore Trump supporters.

We are all hardcore, but there is no such thing as someone in a maga hat GD>going out of his/her to attack someone wearing democratic garb that exist GD>for one of the 20+ candidates who are running for President.

Did you enjoy your time in Washington state? You say you spent a month GD>there, so I assume you did. or it might of been all business leaving GD>little time for pleasure.

I've been to Yakima. Its big on hispanic laborers, especially this time of
    year as apple harvesting time draws near.

I was in Yakima when Mt St. Helens blew.

---
    *Durango b301 #PE*
    * Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)
  • From Ward Dossche@2:292/854 to TIM RICHARDSON on Fri Aug 9 10:39:03 2019

How was that experience ?

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
    * Origin: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards (2:292/854)
  • From TIM RICHARDSON@1:123/140 to WARD DOSSCHE on Sun Aug 11 20:31:00 2019
    On 08-09-19, WARD DOSSCHE said to TIM RICHARDSON:

How was that experience ?

I was sitting in a motel room reading the paper and half listening/watching a news commentary on the tv.

The whole room suddenly shook like someone had taken hold of the building and started shaking it. The tv started rocking back and forth and I thought it was going off the table, but I couldn't get to my feet to steady it the place was shaking so.

It lasted around 30 seconds. When it stopped I got up and went outside to see if there'd been any damage. While I was looking around a huge gray-black cloud came up in the southwest. Yakima is quite a distance from Mt St Helen, so the almost instantaneous amount of smoke and ash on such a vast scale coming into view from the eruption that quickly, shows what power was released by the volcano. People who had been warned to leave the volcano area prior to the actual eruption, when earth quakes were warning of the possibility of a coming eruption, died in the eruption.

---
    *Durango b301 #PE*
    * Origin: Fido Since 1991 | QWK by Web | BBS.FIDOSYSOP.ORG (1:123/140)