• alternative quoting ideas

From August Abolins@2:460/58 to Alexander Koryagin on Wed Dec 2 03:24:10 2020

Here is another way that could work well:

So I clarify how I did it: 1. You use Reformator as usual and make quoting for the message, you can add your text. All the quotes will consists of short lines.<<AK

2. You press "Unform. sel text" and you get the message with all lines flowed (one line paragraps). It is not necessary to select the text lines if you do operation for all the text.<<AK

Don't forget that paragraphs should be separated by a empty line. <<AK

Bookending the quoted part with the reverse << and the same initials is similar to the way Compuserve worked.

--- tg BBS v0.6.2
    * Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)
  • From Alexander Koryagin@2:460/58 to August Abolins on Wed Dec 2 09:30:12 2020
    --to: Alexander Koryagin--

Here is another way that could work well:

So I clarify how I did it: 1. You use Reformator as usual and make
    quoting for the message, you can add your text. All the quotes will consists of short lines.<<AK

2. You press "Unform. sel text" and you get the message with all
    lines flowed (one line paragraps). It is not necessary to select the text lines if you do operation for all the text.<<AK

Don't forget that paragraphs should be separated by a empty line.
    <<AK

Bookending the quoted part with the reverse << and the same initials is
    similar to the way Compuserve worked.

IMHO it is very clear that the words of a particular person begin after his initials, and they end when we see next initials. So IMHO it is not necessary to put initials after the somebody words. You also can add a empty line if you want to focus the citation.

--- tg BBS v0.6.2
    * Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)