• I know. But the idea is to somehow update the %LIST report on Stas'

From August Abolins@2:460/58 to All on Wed Feb 3 17:51:12 2021
    I know. But the idea is to somehow update the %LIST report on Stas' system for the user *after* the implementation of the %LIST feature. Stas said that pre-existing joins won't show up.

--- tg BBS v0.6.3
    * Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)
  • From Charles Pierson@1:106/127 to August Abolins on Wed Feb 3 09:24:51 2021
    On 03 Feb 2021, August Abolins said the following...
    I know. But the idea is to somehow update the %LIST report on Stas' system for
    the user *after* the implementation of the %LIST feature. Stas said
    that pre-existing joins won't show up.

I'm guessing you mean Stas' BBS that is tge host for Telegram? Because as
    far as I remember, all of the members of the Group are visible to group members.

I guess I'm just not sure why it's actually needed.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: theoasisbbs.ddns.net:1357 (1:106/127)
  • From August Abolins@2:460/58 to Charles Pierson on Wed Feb 3 19:37:13 2021
    On 03 Feb 2021, August Abolins said the following...
    I know. But the idea is to somehow update the %LIST report on Stas' system for
    the user *after* the implementation of the %LIST feature. Stas said that pre-existing joins won't show up.

I'm guessing you mean Stas' BBS that is tge host for Telegram? Because as far as I remember, all of the members of the Group are visible to group members.

I guess I'm just not sure why it's actually needed.

The member's list is a different beast. It's only a feature of the Telegram app. Stas' bot does not access that.

Whereas, the %LIST / %QUERY is thought of as a way for a Telegram user to get a confirmation of the areas/groups that they are linked up to in Fidonet. There is the odd group that I have here (on Telegram) that are listed in the left panel and intermix with the specific Fidonet echonames. Unless I create a special "folder" just for the Fido echos, everything is in one long column - and it adjusts in priority based on the last activity in each one. A less active Fidonet echo could drop in priority in the list and go off-screen.

%LIST and %HELP is a cool way to bring fidonet functionality to the Telegram app user.

--- tg BBS v0.6.3
    * Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS by Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/58)