• Taking articles

From Sean Dennis@1:18/200 to All on Sun Jan 9 16:12:40 2022
    Hello All,

I'm accepting articles for the first issue of the FidoGazette as editor.
    A few guidelines:

- When submitting an article, please make sure it is a plain ASCII file and put the following information at the top of your article:

<your name>
    <Fido address>
    <Article title>

Make sure that no line goes over 60 characters. Save the file using the 8.3 filename format. You can use the file extension as a catagory to allow the newsletter software to process and place your article in the right spot.

Here's the following categories:

gue Guest Editorial
    let Letters To The Editor
    fnf Fidonet News Flash
    art Articles
    bio Fidonet Biographies
    tru True Stories Of Fidonet
    his Fidonet History
    fft Food For Thought
    rev Reviews
    ftc Getting Technical
    zrc Coordinator's Corner
    jok Net Humor
    asa ASCII Art
    ad Advertise Your Free Service/Event
    sal For Sale
    wan Wanted
    qst Question Of The Week
    ans Answers Of The Week
    not Notices

If you are not sure what category to put your article under, just use .art and I will put it in the appropriate category.

Please keep articles of a G-rated nature. I reserve the right to approve or deny any article submitted with or without notice.

To get your article to me:

-- Netmail: send your article as part of your netmail messasge to me at 1:18/200 with the subject line of "FidoGazette Submission". If you crash my system with your netmail, you can file attach it but it's safest to put your article inline.

-- Email: Send your article to sysop@outpostbbs.net with the subject line of "FidoGazette Submission".

-- FTP: You can use anonymopus ftp to bbs.outpostbbs.net and drop your article off in /incoming. Please let me know via a post in here, netmail or email that you dropped off an article.

Improperly formatted and/or credited articles will be deleted.

I am going to wait until Friday, January 14 and then publish the newsletter on Monday, January 17.

I look forward to reading your content!

-- Sean

... I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
    --- GoldED/2 3.0.1
    * Origin: Outpost BBS Sysop Console (1:18/200)