• Oh well

From Rick Smith@1:105/10.1 to All on Sat Jan 30 14:09:46 2021
    Greetings All!

Thats disappointing that front door wont work here in the future, was really looking forward to using it again. I did download Nick's dbridge and had it up and polling in less than 10 minutes and it has that kind of school feel to it as well, so thanks everyone, it was a good effort I guess...

----
    Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

... BBSing: One part feudalism, one part anarchy, & all fun
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: ----> Abacus Sysop Point --->>>>bbs.abon.us:2323 (1:105/10.1)
  • From Deon George@3:633/509 to Rick Smith on Sun Jan 31 10:49:50 2021
    Re: Oh well
    By: Rick Smith to All on Sat Jan 30 2021 02:09 pm

Thats disappointing that front door wont work here in the future, was really looking forward to using it again. I did
    download Nick's dbridge and had it up and polling in less than 10 minutes and it has that kind of school feel to it as well,
    so thanks everyone, it was a good effort I guess...

Hey Rick,

If you want to play with FD, you can connect with my system - I run both binkd and EMSI (and Spectre uses FD to get his FSX feed).

Just to let you know, that EMSI mailers are problematic with "internet links" - but stuff does get through. ZModem is not that forgiving to a fast link, and TCP buffers make one end think that the other got everything, but the serial emulation holds it up, so you get "timeouts".

With a bit of hockey/jickery we should be able to get you going - yell out if you are interested.

...лоеп

... Schizophrenia divides and rules, OK?
    --- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux
    * Origin: I'm playing with ANSI+videotex - wanna play too? (3:633/509)