From WINSERVER SUPPORT@1:124/5013 to All on Thu Jan 31 19:17:14 2019
    Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:23:06 -0400
    To: all
    Subject: FINAL GAMMA AUP 451.5
    Newsgroups: winserver.public.gamma.testing
    Message-ID: <1129519883.40.0@winserver.com>
    X-Mailer: Wildcat! Interactive Net Server v7.0.454.5
    Lines: 60

The final PRE-RELEASE GAMMA AUP was posted and made available.

As a Reminder, to access the GAMMA AUP, type the following from your \WC6 folder:

AUTOUPDATE -GAMMA

This is it. In lieu of any critical issues (i.e. bugs) reported, we don't expect any more changes. Any change, if any, would be making sure the
    AUP.CHM help has all the new info required to clear up any ambiguity based
    on comments received.

This will be a short 1 week gamma aup and will last until new Sunday with a target release date of October 24. During the week, we will be preparing
    our CDs to match the AUP 451.5 version. So it is critical that we don't make changes unless absolutely necessary.

Some information about this update:

Version 6.1 Build 451.5 is a major update with significant fixes and new features. If you are up-to-date with Wildcat! versions, this is
    essentially a plug and play update.

The most significant fixes and improvements was related to the new WEB
    Server cookie-based authentication options introduced in 451.4. If you
    never used the new cookie-based authentication features and would like to do
    so now, see WEB Authentication in AUP.CHM. If you are currently using cookies, the WCWEBAUTH.ZIP was updated with some minor enhancements.

The template files were updated. The mail client was cleaned up. The File Client was cleaned up. A new Web-based Sysop File Editor was added.
    Really cool, helps to move files around. New javascripting used for marking for reading and deleting. (To Brian, this week I will investigate the MAC
    IE 5.1 JavaScript compatibility issue. If I can determine what the issue is
    by Tuesday, I will fix the JavaScript in the new templates.)

The Web Server was improved to better support the login/logout options.

If you are using the wcWEB Chat Module, see the special upgrade note about moving the "http\wcnav" folder.

Overall, the major delay with this 451.5 release was making sure we finally solved the intermittent "hung user" issues with the WEB SERVER many sysops experienced. I have a high 99.99% confidence that it is now fixed. I say
    "high confidence" because we were able to finally see how it was all
    possible - many, complex and different reasons to make it happen. The solution not only helped solved this web problem but also help improve the integrity of the WCX runtime system. In other words, the WCBASIC WCX
    Processor it is even MORE stable than ever before and it is more forgiven
    for WCBASIC programming mistakes. Example: A web-based WCX redirecting to
    WCT template (another WCX process) has some recursive issues. This was a
    major stability fixed.

The rest of this week will be used mainly to make sure people who had this
    hung user problem no longer report it as a problem, including us.

Thanks for your patience

-- Hector
    --- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.1
    * Origin: Prison Board BBS Mesquite Tx //telnet.RDFIG.NET www. (1:124/5013)