• elist status as posted 8 April

From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to All on Tue Apr 21 18:16:26 2020
    Hello All!

elist now runs at exactly 30 minutes past the hour.

So if you send in your echotag.ECO and echotag.RUL files to 2:25/21 or 2:250/1 after that time they will get processed on the next processing interval at 30 minutes past the hour.

Plesae ensure that the mandatory keywords are in place correctly filled in.

If you have rules you may create keyword RULETEXT and place all rules immediately following and finish with a line of
    -!-

Any thing after that line will be ignored so old keyword lines can be placed there if you wish or you can add as first character a #.

The keyword RULETEXT must be the LAST keyword in the submission as any other will be IGNORED.

Any line starting with a # or for that matter a blank line (outside of a RULETEXT block will be ignored.

For DESCription and rules text the width limit is 75 characters with a maximum of 15 lines for DESCription. The rules and be any length from 5 to even 500 although the longer they are the more ignored by posters will occur !

Ensure that all submissions include the keywords:
    FROM
    TAG
    GROUP
    LANG
    MOD

and MOD-ADD also include:
    TITLe
    DESC

Any others as needed for both MOD-ADD and MOD-UPD.

If Mods have lost misplaced their submission MOD-UPD or MOD-ADD files let me know and I can program elist to send out (to their netmail address) a archive containing all echo's under there moderatorship but you will have to allow a few days for moe to program and test that option.

Note that such ADD / UPD will not have any content for PASSword so you can create new one's.

Another option is for elist to reandom generate these passwords, your choice but it will be for all or none and I will need an additional day or so to program and test that. Just have to find a suitable random password generator for 10 - 20 characters.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v7.1 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.13/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: The Elist Maintainer (2:250/1)