• Iniquity and doors

From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to All on Tue Apr 27 18:20:50 2021
    I know this is bbs specific but wanted to know if anyone remembered how tolaunch door games in Iniquity. I have tried the menu driven approach of manyboards. Tried WWIV, Renegade, Telegard, Mystic approaches but no luck. Not muchdocumentation as well. Iniquity runs great with Net2BBS / Netfoss.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
    * Origin: (1:322/757)
  • From T.J. Mcmillen@1:129/305 to Jim Haight on Tue Apr 27 20:12:03 2021

I know this is bbs specific but wanted to know if anyone remembered how tolaunch door games in Iniquity. I have tried the menu driven approach of manyboards. Tried WWIV, Renegade, Telegard, Mystic approaches but no luck. muchdocumentation as well. Iniquity runs great with Net2BBS / Netfoss.

Just run renegade. ;)

http://www.rgbbs.info

wink.wink. <G>

... Cthulhu loves you...on a Ritz cracker.

--- Renegade v1.25/DOS
    * Origin: The Titantic BBS Telnet - ttb.rgbbs.info (1:129/305)
  • From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to T.J. Mcmillen on Wed Apr 28 13:13:09 2021

I know this is bbs specific but wanted to know if anyone remembered how tolaunch door games in Iniquity. I have tried the menu driven approach of manyboards. Tried WWIV, Renegade, Telegard, Mystic approaches but no luck. muchdocumentation as well. Iniquity runs great with Net2BBS / Netfoss.

Just run renegade. ;)

wink.wink. <G>

--- Renegade v1.25/DOS
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
  • From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to T.J. Mcmillen on Wed Apr 28 13:15:44 2021
    I do have a working Renegade and playing with it in the background. Renegade does doors very well. I was just tweaking with Iniquity and usually figure out the technique.

Just run renegade. ;)

wink.wink. <G>

--- Renegade v1.25/DOS
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
  • From T.J. Mcmillen@1:129/305 to Jim Haight on Wed Apr 28 17:48:08 2021
    I do have a working Renegade and playing with it in the background. Renegad does doors very well. I was just tweaking with Iniquity and usually figure out the technique.

I know this is bbs specific but wanted to know if anyone remembered how

Man ... I didn't know where your messagea was from the quote. Every line had a > infront of it. :(

... Installation recommended (not included)

--- Renegade v1.25/DOS
  • From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to T.J. Mcmillen on Sat May 1 17:00:26 2021
    I do have a working Renegade and playing with it in the background. Renegad does doors very well. I was just tweaking with Iniquity and usually figure out the technique.

I know this is bbs specific but wanted to know if anyone remembered how

Man ... I didn't know where your messagea was from the quote. Every line had a > infront of it. :(

Curious... It's the Synchronet web server which works well with message bases. Does this look better?
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
  • From T.J. Mcmillen@1:129/305 to Jim Haight on Sat May 1 21:03:51 2021

Curious... It's the Synchronet web server which works well with message ba Does this look better?

WAY better.

... Mars Needs Bovines

--- Renegade v1.25/DOS
  • From Al@1:153/757.2 to Jim Haight on Sat May 1 19:46:47 2021
    Re: Re: Iniquity and doors
    By: Jim Haight to T.J. Mcmillen on Sat May 01 2021 05:00 pm

Curious... It's the Synchronet web server which works well with message bases. Does this look better?

The SBBS web server does work well. I rarely use it though but I find the telnet/rlogin/ssh server works well too. I am using telnet at the moment.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... Cursor: An expert in four-letter words
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757.2)
  • From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to All on Wed May 5 18:38:05 2021
    The problem with running a game like LORD seems to be the drop file. 1)for Door.sys in Iniquity you use the command D2 2)I've created folders like c:\ini\temp1 etc., for each node. In the game config the path to the drop file is c:\iniq\temp1 3) the parameter to call the game is c:\iniq\door\lord\start.bat %N and I, of course edit start.bat accordingly. Iniquity seems to put the drop file in the game directory itself. It's something to do with running iniquity as a multi-node system? I've tried locking the baud rate too.

So I am putting this out there to see if there is anyone who has ever run this bbs software. Isn't it a WWIV clone?
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
  • From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to Jim Haight on Sat Jun 5 10:36:29 2021
    The problem with running a game like LORD seems to be the drop file. 1)for Door.sys in Iniquity you use the command D2 2)I've created folders like c:\ini\temp1 etc., for each node. In the game config the path to the drop file is c:\iniq\temp1 3) the parameter to call the game is c:\iniq\door\lord\start.bat %N and I, of course edit start.bat accordingly. Iniquity seems to put the drop file in the game directory itself. It's something to do with running iniquity as a multi-node system? I've tried locking the baud rate too.

So I am putting this out there to see if there is anyone who has ever run this bbs software. Isn't it a WWIV clone?

Jack Phlash helped me out here. Iniquity is particular. It puts all of it's drop files in C:\INIQ\DOOR It prefers Dorinfo#.def dropfiles for multi-node and the commandline in LORDCFG should have "start.bat #ND" So now I am adding door games to my little experiment here. To be continued....
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:275/99 to Jim Haight on Sat Jun 5 21:04:32 2021
    Jack Phlash helped me out here. Iniquity is particular. It puts all of
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    That explains it :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: CompuBBS | Ashburn VA | cfbbs.scinet-ftn.org (1:275/99)