• Mission Control 2.0f

From Bryan Fulkersin@1:103/705 to All on Fri Aug 14 03:02:20 2020
    Back in 1994 (when I was 16) I coded a door game idea by a fellow local sysop, called Mission Control. We had the game up and running on a few BBSs in my area - and I may even had it on Door Distribution Network back in the day.

Fast forward to gray (and thinning) hair, and the start of all this Coronavirus stuff, and I began working from home (still am, in fact). While browsing through some old files on my server, I stumbled across a ZIP file that contained my original code. After looking over it, I noticed several logic errors, screens within the program that were never coded, etc. Since I still run my BBS, I thought it would be a fun pasttime to recode the game to include all "logic" as part of the original game idea.

Thus, I present to you Mission Control 2.0f!

Description:
    You've been hired by NASA to launch as many space shuttles as possible by the end of the month. You must secure budget money to build your shuttle piece by piece, then have the launch team sign off on your inspection to be ready for launch. Watch the weather carefully, as it plays an important part to a successful launch. The player at the end of the month with the most successful launches is deemed the "Expert Mission Control Director" of the month, and play is reset for the next month.

Requirements:
    x86 DOS/Windows/Emulation (is 16 bit EXE)
    Direct COM/Fossil Driver Support
    Multi-Node Compatible

Best of all, since this was my first game coded, I'm offering this game as FREEWARE to the BBS Community.

Mission Control 2.0f can be downloaded from my BBS - Extreme BBS - at telnet://extremebbs.bayvillewireless.com
    (Look in the XTRMSOFT library)
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Daryl Stout@1:19/33 to Bryan Fulkersin on Fri Aug 14 13:25:00 2020
    Bryan,

Thus, I present to you Mission Control 2.0f!

Best of all, since this was my first game coded, I'm offering this game
    as FREEWARE to the BBS Community.

Cool...will have to make it a point to get it.

Daryl

... Real Programmers Practice Safe HEX.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
    * Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)