• Setting up D'Bridge for JAM tossers...

From Don Lowery@1:340/1000 to Nick Andre on Wed Apr 1 04:50:00 2020
    Downloaded the newest version because of your messages a couple of days ago. Was worried about setting up BinkD/P...but you have the OS/2 version built
    into your software. Looks a lot like setting up in Mystic...but with many
    more options available.

What part of the manual do I need to be reading to have D'Bridge only mail
    the packets from/to the hubs...while FMail or FastEcho do the tossing into the BBS software?

Thank you again!

ACME BBS-Member of fsxNet/WWIVNet/SciNet/AmigaNet/VKRadio/FidoNet/MicroNet.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/18 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: ACME BBS-W.Coyote & D.Brown are our best users. (1:340/1000)
  • From Nick Andre@1:229/426 to Don Lowery on Wed Apr 1 10:46:18 2020
    On 01 Apr 20 04:50:00, Don Lowery said the following to Nick Andre:

What part of the manual do I need to be reading to have D'Bridge only mail the packets from/to the hubs...while FMail or FastEcho do the tossing into BBS software?

New D'Bridge users asking for help must buy the first round of drinks...

In Config-Packet/Mail, change Inbound Mail handling to External.

That will shut off the internal tosser. You will be responsible for calling your tosser somehow to handle the incoming; but BinkDOS2 should be creating a semaphore/dummy file called DBRIDGE.UFM (Unpack/Forward Mail) whenever anything is received. A simple looping batch file could check for this and call your tosser accordingly. Erase that semaphore when done tossing.

You can use the semaphore/dummy file DBRIDGE.RSN to force-rescan the outgoing Queue once Fmail/Fastecho have created outgoing packets; since D'Bridge has no way of knowing what is in the outgoing Queue when set in External
    operation unless its specifically told.

Any tosser you use with D'Bridge must specifically state that it supports D'Bridge or ArcMail-Style Attachments. Do NOT use BSO or other queue-styles.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)
  • From Don Lowery@1:340/1000 to Nick Andre on Wed Apr 1 19:50:10 2020
    New D'Bridge users asking for help must buy the first round of drinks...

Love that Green Dragon! ;)

In Config-Packet/Mail, change Inbound Mail handling to External.

Fantastic! Makes sense that you're using another program outside D'Bridge to
    do the heavy work.

calling your tosser somehow to handle the incoming; but BinkDOS2 should
    be creating a semaphore/dummy file called DBRIDGE.UFM (Unpack/Forward Mail) whenever anything is received. A simple looping batch file could check for this and call your tosser accordingly. Erase that semaphore
    when done tossing.

That's a good way to have the tosser find what it needs to do.

You can use the semaphore/dummy file DBRIDGE.RSN to force-rescan the outgoing Queue once Fmail/Fastecho have created outgoing packets; since D'Bridge has no way of knowing what is in the outgoing Queue when set in External operation unless its specifically told.

Calling *.UFM after polling...then *.RSN for outgoing packets. Very nice.

Any tosser you use with D'Bridge must specifically state that it
    supports D'Bridge or ArcMail-Style Attachments. Do NOT use BSO or other queue-styles.

Am so happy you spelled this out...since you might find it by digging...but stating it plainly saves a ton of time.

Thank you again for all your help. Gotta a 5:30 AM workday tomorrow...but am off at 10:30 AM to head back at 7 PM Friday evening...so should have time to get this set up.

• From Nick Andre@1:229/426 to Don Lowery on Thu Apr 2 00:42:32 2020
    On 01 Apr 20 19:50:10, Don Lowery said the following to Nick Andre:

Fantastic! Makes sense that you're using another program outside D'Bridge do the heavy work.

This system actually uses the internal tosser to manage mail for 70+ some-odd downlinks. The internal tosser only supports *.MSG and Hudson/Goldbase but for my needs its perfect. I'll admit that I have not had the real motivation to sit and write JAM and Squish support but may take another stab at it now that this stupid virus has me on lock-down.

There is a LOT of "heavy" tossing that happens here as I'm sure you can imagine. I hub a lot of mail including Usenet groups. The Usenet groups are
    a perfect stress-test for any tosser. I worked hard to ensure the heaviest
    of tossing doesn't choke. The D'Bridge tosser is extremely rock-solid.

Thank you again for all your help. Gotta a 5:30 AM workday tomorrow...but off at 10:30 AM to head back at 7 PM Friday evening...so should have time get this set up.

No problem, let me know if you have any questions.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)
  • From Don Lowery@1:340/1000 to Nick Andre on Thu Apr 2 20:48:58 2020
    This system actually uses the internal tosser to manage mail for 70+ some-odd downlinks. The internal tosser only supports *.MSG and Hudson/Goldbase but for my needs its perfect. I'll admit that I have not had the real motivation to sit and write JAM and Squish support but may take another stab at it now that this stupid virus has me on lock-down.

Not only would that help me...but some others like Tony & such who would love to have as many modern options available as possible to do as many items as possible. Just added another 8 GB of memory to the Lenovo & setup that much as a RAM drive.

The one thing which impressed me (hadn't taken a look at it in decades) was
    how well you had help for everything you needed. Impressed me to death that
    you explained what was needed & the reason for it.

are a perfect stress-test for any tosser. I worked hard to ensure the heaviest of tossing doesn't choke. The D'Bridge tosser is extremely rock-solid.

I can imagine with your setup for Z1 & everything else you have running over there. Am glad you have it setup & available for all of us to use.