• Re: The Goonies

From Andre Robitaille@1:154/70 to Jay Harris on Fri Jul 31 19:13:30 2020
    On 31 Jul 2020, Jay Harris said the following...

So I have tickets to go see The Goonies tomorrow. I was a little young the first time around to see it in theatres, but I remember renting it
    on VHS back in the day.

Watch how impressively they introduce all the main characters during the opening credits and what you can expect from them. It's truly impressive.

- Andre

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Runaan BBS (1:154/70)
  • From Don Lowery@1:340/1000 to Jay Harris on Sat Aug 1 15:22:52 2020
    My local theatre is back open & received an email saying all movies are only $5. I jumped on to see what was playing and was surprised by the line up.

There's a lot of cities who would have Friday/Saturday night movies in the
    park for free or a small fee like this. Twin Falls, ID would do this downtown at the city park about once or so a month years ago.

I notice our local drive in also is playing some classics:

They also used to have two drive-in's until they sold the land because it would've cost more to upgrade their projectors to digital format (especially just running them from May to October).

I don't mind drive ins, but I wouldn't be able to make it through 2 whole movies let alone 3.

Used to take my hatchback...fold down the rear seats & lay down in the back where I could stretch out. Would back up the car & watch out of the big back window. Plus...if you had "company"...didn't need a heater to keep the inside warm. Would take my own food/drinks & have a foam pad for comfort with
    sleeping bags. When I had an F-150...would take lawn chairs & such in the
    back. If it rained...always kept a tarp...so would stay warm.

Loved the drive-in! Too bad the land is more valuable for condo's...rather
    than being a way to get out of the house...stay safe in the confines of your vehicle.

BTW...ordered a 120 in 6x9 projection screen which just came in today. With
    my projector...no more glowing screen.

ACME BBS-Member of fsxNet/WWIVNet/SciNet/AmigaNet/VKRadio/FidoNet/MicroNet.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/06/11 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: ACME BBS-W.Coyote & D.Brown are our best users. (1:340/1000)