• We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have

From August Abolins@2:460/256 to All on Fri May 20 16:04:45 2022
    Hi All...

We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one. - Confucius

Ciao!
    /|ug (https://t.me/aabolins)

--- Want fido for iOS/MacOS/Android/Win/Linux? Info=https://shrtco.de/tpJ9yV
    * Origin: Fido by Telegram BBS from Stas Mishchenkov (2:460/256)
  • From Jay Harris@1:229/664.2 to August Abolins on Fri May 20 09:25:27 2022
    *** Quoting August Abolins from a message to All ***

We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have
    one. - Confucius

"There is no reason why a person shouldn't be young at eighty, but there are
    a whole lot of people who die at fifty and aren't buried until they are eighty. We have a right to be useful and creative if we live to be 100. A man at eighty should be a masterpiece, not something to be thrown on the dump heap."

-- Gertrude Nelson Andrews, October 1925

--- Telegard v3.09.g2-sp4/mL
    * Origin: Northern Realms/TG ì tg.nrbbs.net ì Binbrook, ON (1:229/664.2)
  • From George Pope@1:153/757 to August Abolins on Wed Mar 1 08:37:08 2023
    We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one. - Confucius

Interesting. . .

People like to say "life is short"; I reply, "You sure? it's the longest thing any of us experience!" (Life as an infinite continuum notwithstanding, of course)

Mikey LIKES Life!

Wonder if he still does, now that he's aged 60+, desperately hoping he'll survive impending retirement . . .

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From George Pope@1:153/757 to Jay Harris on Wed Mar 1 08:44:50 2023
    *** Quoting August Abolins from a message to All ***
    We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have
    one. - Confucius
    "There is no reason why a person shouldn't be young at eighty, but there are a whole lot of people who die at fifty and aren't buried until they are eighty. We have a right to be useful and creative if we live to be 100. A man at eighty should be a masterpiece, not something to be thrown on the dump heap."
    -- Gertrude Nelson Andrews, October 1925

No idea who Bertie is, but I like her!

One oif my faviyrite quotations on life, from Woody Allen:

ôIn my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!ö

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)