• Apple ditched Intel, and it paid off

From Erich B.@1:103/705 to All on Wed Dec 29 08:35:44 2021
    In April 2021, CEO Tim Cook said during the company’s fiscal second-quarter earnings call that the M1 chip helped fuel the 70.1% growth in Apple’s Mac revenue. Apple launched two more M1 computers in 2021, including an all-new iMac and the new MacBook Pro with even more powerful versions of the M1 chip.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/29/apple-ditched-intel-and-it-paid-off.html

$ The Millionaire $
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From George Pope@1:153/757 to Erich B. on Wed Dec 29 08:57:32 2021
    In April 2021, CEO Tim Cook said during the companyâ Ös fiscal second-quarter earnings call that the M1 chip helped fuel the 70.1% growth in Appleâ Ös Mac revenue. Apple launched two more M1 computers in 2021, including an all-new iMac and the new MacBook Pro with even more powerful versions of the M1 chip. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/29/apple-ditched-intel-and-it-paid-off.html

Ach! Wintel is a consortium more about control & monitoring than providing a good experience to the user (including end-users(L-users?), programmers, & those using the devices for work)

Conspiracy theory? No literal 'conspiracy' as everything is done electronically these days, no shared breath(con spirus) (especially with covid, but that's another story)

Are you the Biblitz I know locally(Metro Vancouver, BC, Canada), from the old BBSes we once had, & most recently, from my frormer Facebook account?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)
  • From Erich B.@1:103/705 to George Pope on Wed Dec 29 20:23:44 2021

Ach! Wintel is a consortium more about control & monitoring than providing a good experience to the user (including end-users(L-users?), programmers, & those using the devices for work)

Conspiracy theory? No literal 'conspiracy' as everything is done electronically these days, no shared breath(con spirus) (especially with covid, but that's another story)

Are you the Biblitz I know locally(Metro Vancouver, BC, Canada), from the old BBSes we once had, & most recently, from my frormer Facebook account?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5

The first two are correct but I'm not on Facebook and it's Bublitz, George.

$ The Millionaire $
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From George Pope@1:153/757 to Erich B. on Sun Jan 2 08:10:34 2022
    Yes, it was Milky Way. Remember C'Nedra aka Susan? Gordon Lewicky was running Ezycom BBS Software. He had a Langley telephone number.

Yup, I remember Susan, I'm still friends with her -- she got married & has a couple kids & a house out in Port Moody.

Too bad Gordon died, else Milky Way would still be up & running all 5 dialup lines & a few telnets, I'm sure. . . :)

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
  • From Erich B.@1:103/705 to George Pope on Sun Jan 2 13:35:11 2022
    Yup, I remember Susan, I'm still friends with her -- she got married & has a couple kids & a house out in Port Moody.

Too bad Gordon died, else Milky Way would still be up & running all 5 dialup lines & a few telnets, I'm sure. . . :)

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5

I wonder what Milky Way would have been like in the Covid days. Do you think it still would have been popular?

$ The Millionaire $
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From George Pope@1:153/757 to Erich B. on Mon Jan 3 12:09:04 2022
    I wonder what Milky Way would have been like in the Covid days. Do you think i
    still would have been popular?

Even more so, I'd say; the diehards knew it to be a greart place to hang out in games, conferences, &/or livechat, as well as leeching files (PDK set no limits nor demands on how we used our 120 minutes)

I was king in a few LORD games & Cnedra & I ruled the local message boards. . .

Good times. . .

So sad how Gordon died all alone, in front of the Computers he loved like a wife (not literally/physically, of course, that I know of -- & why make rude assumptions, eh? *LOL*)

I know he was trying to connect with a few of the lady callers. . . (hey, who wasn't,. right?)

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
  • From Erich B.@1:103/705 to George Pope on Mon Jan 3 16:02:12 2022
    Even more so, I'd say; the diehards knew it to be a greart place to hang out in games, conferences, &/or livechat, as well as leeching files (PDK set no limits nor demands on how we used our 120 minutes)

I was king in a few LORD games & Cnedra & I ruled the local message boards. . .

Good times. . .

So sad how Gordon died all alone, in front of the Computers he loved like a wife (not literally/physically, of course, that I know of -- & why make rude assumptions, eh? *LOL*)

I know he was trying to connect with a few of the lady callers. . . (hey, who wasn't,. right?)

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5

I never asked Gordon but did you ever find out what PDK stood for?

$ The Millionaire $
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From George Pope@1:153/757 to Erich B. on Tue Jan 4 10:23:40 2022
    I never asked Gordon but did you ever find out what PDK stood for?

He explained it a couple ways:

His old dirtbiking nickname:

Phantom Dirt King, which I see as the real origin, &, re-interpreted, for the newbies:

Pretty Darn Kruel

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5