• Omicron Is the Beginning of the End

From Erich B.@1:103/705 to All on Wed Dec 22 06:40:44 2021
    No matter the severity of the variant, the appetite for shutdowns or other large-scale social interventions simply isn’t there.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/12/omicron-end-of-pandemic/62108 9/

$ The Millionaire $
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Kevin Miller@1:267/585.1 to Erich B. on Wed Dec 22 17:18:00 2021
    Greetings from WNY...

Thx for sharing the article. Here in New York, you are in one of two
    camps; those who are still taking the virus seriously, and those who are not... Thrown their hands in the air as stated in the article.

The result for this part of the country? Our county is in a state of emergency, there are no ICU beds available anywhere in the county, and the national gaurd has been deployed to fill gaps in hospital staff.

I admit that the covid-fatigue is here and very real but why people have decided to play stupid all of a sudden is beyond me. I'm in the high-risk group so the alternative to NOT taking the virus serious simply isn't an option.

There are still people who have the nerve to tell me that the virus is a
    hoax or no more than a common cold. How do you respond to this in a meaningful way that will make the slightest difference? I've lost 5 people
    in my spere to this virus. Needlessly, I'm certain there will be more :(

Stay safe out there... there's danger afoot!

** 22.12.21 - 06:40, Erich B. wrote to All:

No matter the severity of the variant, the appetite for shutdowns or other large-scale social interventions simply isn’t there.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/12/omicron-end-of-pandemic/62 108 9/

Salutations from Rochester, NY...

---
    * Origin: Point KnightMare, Rochester, NY (1:267/585.1)
  • From Erich B.@1:103/705 to Kevin Miller on Wed Dec 22 17:58:47 2021

Greetings from WNY...

Thx for sharing the article. Here in New York, you are in one of two
    camps; those who are still taking the virus seriously, and those who are not... Thrown their hands in the air as stated in the article.

The result for this part of the country? Our county is in a state of emergency, there are no ICU beds available anywhere in the county, and the national gaurd has been deployed to fill gaps in hospital staff.

I admit that the covid-fatigue is here and very real but why people have decided to play stupid all of a sudden is beyond me. I'm in the high-risk group so the alternative to NOT taking the virus serious simply isn't an option.

There are still people who have the nerve to tell me that the virus is a
    hoax or no more than a common cold. How do you respond to this in a meaningful way that will make the slightest difference? I've lost 5 people in my spere to this virus. Needlessly, I'm certain there will be more :(

Stay safe out there... there's danger afoot!

** 22.12.21 - 06:40, Erich B. wrote to All:

Salutations from Rochester, NY...

---
    * Origin: Point KnightMare, Rochester, NY (1:267/585.1)

Thank you Kevin for your very kind remarks.

$ The Millionaire $
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)