• Cats and Kids

From Benjamin Toussaint@2:240/8001.19 to All on Fri Jun 26 11:16:00 2020
    Hey everyone,

I recently found back to FIDO.

Since there is a cats echo I am curious: we adopted a cat in 2013 and
    since then he was just with us. Last year our kid was born and we moved to our new house.
    I am really excited how fine he reacted to both huge changes at once and
    how he "guards" the kid. Whenever he hears the baby crying, he jumps right
    in front of us to take care. :-)

Cheers,
    Benjamin

--- OpenXP 5.0.42
    * Origin: (2:240/8001.19)
  • From Janis Kracht@1:261/38 to Benjamin Toussaint on Fri Jun 26 14:21:38 2020
    Hi Benjamin,

I recently found back to FIDO.

Glad to see you here, Benjamin.

since then he was just with us. Last year our kid was born and we moved to our new house.

Congratulations on both :)

I am really excited how fine he reacted to both huge changes at once and
    how he "guards" the kid. Whenever he hears the baby crying, he jumps right
    in front of us to take care. :-)

I'm glad your cat adjusted to all the changes so well... I know sometimes a change of scenery can shake a cat up somewhat.

How old is your cat?

Take care,
    Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
  • From Benjamin Toussaint@2:240/8001.19 to Janis Kracht on Fri Jun 26 22:56:00 2020
    Hi Janis,

since then he was just with us. Last year our kid was born and we moved to >> our new house.

Congratulations on both :)

Thank you. It somehow forces you to reset all your life priorities, but I would not want to miss it!

I'm glad your cat adjusted to all the changes so well... I know sometimes a change of scenery can shake a cat up somewhat.

How old is your cat?

We cannot know for sure. We adopted him in 2013 and he was estimated to be between 3 and 5 years.
    He appears to be a genuine British Short, however he has the "short nose issue" most cats and dogs of that kind have. It is likely that he was just abandoned by the breeder.
    He must have been running around for several years before he finally moved
    in with us. Very likely that helped him to easily adapt and find his royal spaces in his new home. :-)

That's what I love about cats, they instantly command respect and appear distant, but at the same time their love can just be overwhelming...

Cheers,
    BEnjamin

--- OpenXP 5.0.42
    * Origin: (2:240/8001.19)