• bbs archives site?

From T.J. Mcmillen@1:129/305 to All on Tue Nov 3 23:01:58 2020
    Anyone else able to download lately from the bbs archive site? archives.thebbs.org ??? I can see the visible link to ftp the file. Clicking it won't download it. Right clicking to save as gets me the file name to save, but then the host never sends the file. Seems to just have happened within the last week or so.

... Dusk lures like a lyre beckoning the quietude

--- Renegade v1.22/DOS
    * Origin: The Titantic BBS Telnet - ttb.hopto.org (1:129/305)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757.2 to T.J. Mcmillen on Wed Nov 4 03:54:19 2020
    Re: bbs archives site?
    By: T.J. Mcmillen to All on Tue Nov 03 2020 11:01 pm

Anyone else able to download lately from the bbs archive site? archives.thebbs.org ??? I can see the visible link to ftp the file. Clicking it won't download it. Right clicking to save as gets me the file name to save, but then the host never sends the file. Seems to just have happened within the last week or so.

When I try to right click and save in firefox it says the download cannot be saved because an unknown error occurred.

So it's not just you.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... Its not the size of the ship, its the size of the waves.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757.2)
  • From Ron Lauzon@1:275/89 to T.J. Mcmillen on Wed Nov 4 12:43:00 2020
    T.J. Mcmillen wrote to All <=-

Anyone else able to download lately from the bbs archive site? archives.thebbs.org ??? I can see the visible link to ftp the file. Clicking it won't download it. Right clicking to save as gets me the
    file name to save, but then the host never sends the file. Seems to
    just have happened within the last week or so.

Just did it a moment ago and the file downloaded without problem.

I do notice that some of the files are 0 bytes long. I wonder if some of them are just missing.

... Would you like to have some pizza with that sausage?
    === MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
    * Origin: Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 (1:275/89)
  • From Zazz@1:124/5014.2 to Alan Ianson on Wed Nov 4 12:21:56 2020
    Re: bbs archives site?
    By: T.J. Mcmillen to All on Tue Nov 03 2020 11:01 pm

Anyone else able to download lately from the bbs archive site? archives.thebbs.org ??? I can see the visible link to ftp the file. Clicking it won't download it. Right clicking to save as gets me the name to save, but then the host never sends the file. Seems to just h happened within the last week or so.

When I try to right click and save in firefox it says the download cannot saved because an unknown error occurred.

Right click on file you want to download and select open in new tab and the download for your browser should work. In Firefox in brings up Opening (filename) and you have option to open or download. Works for me, just tried it, so it is still functional.

... Another casualty of the seduction of art. - Hobbes

--- Renegade v1.22/DOS
    * Origin: PB Renegade (gapbbs.rdfig.net:2424) Mesquite, Tx (1:124/5014.2)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757.2 to Zazz on Wed Nov 4 11:37:12 2020
    Re: Re: bbs archives site?
    By: Zazz to Alan Ianson on Wed Nov 04 2020 12:21 pm

Right click on file you want to download and select open in new tab and the download for your browser should work. In Firefox in brings up
    Opening
    (filename) and you have option to open or download. Works for me, just tried it, so it is still functional.

Yep, it's working now so whatever the problem was it was temporary.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757.2)