• Bill Barr Hearing

From Aaron Thomas@1:229/426 to All on Wed Jul 29 09:54:18 2020
    Do all Democrats do what's convenient instead of doing their jobs? It seems that way. Imagine if (maybe you don't have to imagine) your congress person for your district is watching businesses get looted, police cars set on fire, and people being murdered, and their response is "These peaceful looters and peaceful murderers are angry about George Floyd and I'm in favor of defunding police to appease them."

These idiots are "representative" only of the looters; not representative of those who own businesses or police cars. Not representative of those who have been murdered by peaceful protesters.

And these elected "representatives" are against military intervention that could help citizens, business owners, and police. They're against it because it hurts Democrats politically. So they just have their pals at CNN twist
    the facts around, and make it look like "Trump wants to murder all the peaceful protesters with military force."

My district is in a fairly safe zone; we don't have peaceful looters or peaceful murderers occupying streets. So the Congress person for our district should support our values, right? Wrong. He's a Democrat, so he needs to act accordingly, which means to defund the police while nobody's even asking
    for that here. Whatever those big Democratic Liberal Media dollars want, that's what he "represents."

What ever happened to issues on ballots? I used to see that a few years back - that's the way it should be, if you like democracy. We don't need representatives; ballots represent us better than Democrats do.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)
  • From Ron Lauzon@1:275/89 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Jul 29 12:25:00 2020
    Aaron Thomas wrote to All <=-

Do all Democrats do what's convenient instead of doing their jobs?

Ya, pretty much.

The act just like the ruling party did in the U.S.S.R. during the "height"
    of Communism there.

These idiots are "representative" only of the looters; not
    representative of those who own businesses or police cars. Not representative of those who have been murdered by peaceful protesters.

They are not our representatives at all. That's the problem. They forget
    that they are public servants - not rulers.

What ever happened to issues on ballots? I used to see that a few years back - that's the way it should be, if you like democracy. We don't
    need representatives; ballots represent us better than Democrats do.

Democracy? What's that? If you live in a state like California, New York
    or Michigan, Democracy is gone and is replaced by tyranny.

... Here, you go first, you're immune to bullets.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    * Origin: Diamond Mine Online BBS bbs.dmine.net:24 (1:275/89)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:229/426 to Ron Lauzon on Wed Jul 29 22:35:13 2020
    They are not our representatives at all. That's the problem. They forget that they are public servants - not rulers.

Suppose we had a good one like Jim Jordan or something; how would we expect him/her to truly vote in line with residents of their districts?

I think if I were a member of Congress, I'd keep archives of all the letters/emails from residents, and keep an accurate count of how many said what, and then I'd vote for the majority's interests. I'd be an actual representative and not just a party-pleaser. But I suppose we can't get that sort of treatment from actual members of Congress.

Democracy? What's that? If you live in a state like California, New York or Michigan, Democracy is gone and is replaced by tyranny.

I see that. I live in New York and Democrats are controlling my life, and trying to steer it towards the edge of a cliff. State Republicans here are garbage too; they just sit there and pretend to be against the anarchy, but they don't do anything about it. Even US Reps from NY are garbage when it comes to state issues. Elise Stafink is cute and all, but she doesn't do jack.

I'll still vote for the Republicans, but I won't donate to them until they start taking more action. I have little faith in any Republican from NYS (except for Trump - he's great.)

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)
  • From Ron Lauzon@1:275/89 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Jul 30 10:46:00 2020
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Ron Lauzon <=-

I think if I were a member of Congress, I'd keep archives of all the letters/emails from residents, and keep an accurate count of how many
    said what, and then I'd vote for the majority's interests. I'd be an actual representative and not just a party-pleaser. But I suppose we
    can't get that sort of treatment from actual members of Congress.

The problem with that is the vast majority of your constituents don't write
    to you. So you will be hearing from the very small, vocal, minority who
    have the time to write (i.e. no jobs, no life).

I'll still vote for the Republicans, but I won't donate to them until
    they start taking more action. I have little faith in any Republican
    from NYS (except for Trump - he's great.)

I can understand that. I'm not too happy with my reps (both state and fed) right now. It seems that all they do is argue over who gets to control
    us.

... You can never get rid of a bad temper by losing it.
    --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    * Origin: Diamond Mine Online BBS bbs.dmine.net:24 (1:275/89)